Fantasy – Book Recommendations

Welcome To Astlan Forums Fantasy Fantasy – Book Recommendations

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    GameGraphix

Some books that you might find interesting…..

The Iron Teeth Series by Scott Straughan…..first book is [url=https://www.amazon.com/Goblins-Tale-Iron-Teeth-Book-ebook/dp/B071LHHY85/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549178396&sr=8-3&keywords=A+Goblin%27s+Tale+%28The+Iron+Teeth+Book+1%29]A Goblin’s Tale[/url]

Starting to find more and more books where the MC is ‘evil’ or from some type of ‘evil’ race.

The MC for these books is a goblin, with a golblin’s view of the world & attitude.

Zeravar

Found myself reading a bunch of Nathan Valerio’s books on Kindle. Some grammar errors here and there, but overall enjoyable and quite unique

Rakshasa

[quote=Mikey;7480][quote=Rakshasa;7319][quote=Dirk Flamberge;7315]There’s childish whining and then there’s WoT whining, and it’s not just that it’s the overall emasculation of all the male characters and how all the female characters are scheming psychopaths, and how no matter what is done feels absolutely pointless, how it felt like the main characters were essentially Railroaded along with 0 character growth.[/quote]

Fair enough. Although, all things being equal the emasculation of men in the novels and the resultant problems that it created in the books (and yes, the author did note it once or twice)…[/quote]

I bought a bunch of novels for the summer holidays, and I have to say that three books in a row not-so-subtly concentrating on extolling the virtues of Grrrl Power left an aftertaste of crude propaganda as strong as the North Korean TV variety.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLnuos5pkw[/youtube]

Can’t we have equality, do men really have to be stupid, spineless, cowardly, and willing targets of ridicule in Science Fiction and Fantasy literature from now on? So many authors have turned on the faucet, that I suppose this is what American TV storytelling became at some point of the writers’ youth or childhood.

And if you want to write propaganda, can’t you at least not insult my intelligence and perception, do you have to be so crude and unsophisticated about it?[/quote]

Completely agreed. It’s frustrating that a great many authors feel that the only way to make women be smart or capable is to make men useless and/or stupid. It’s not really a big surprise though, they’ve been shoving that philosophy into most college graduates (and most authors do attend college at some point) so strongly that I suspect that most of them have a hard time separating the reality from the inane feminist nonsense.

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.