Excrathadorus Mortis and sentir fallon timeline?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Complex Issues or Questions Excrathadorus Mortis and sentir fallon timeline?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Iume

[quote=The Author Guy;5786]
    Not sure he’s banging Lilith, he’s gone over the Dark Side, but not quite that dark….[laugh]
    [/quote]

I recall that happening in Book 2 as well, but I cannot find the scene now that I search.

Iume

[quote=The Author Guy;5786]We are going to explore the whole Exador/Sentir Fallon thing more in the next book.I see Sentir Fallon getting quite a bit of make up time and background motivation, he is clearly a conflicted character which always makes great drama.[/quote]

In book 2:
    [quote]
    Sentir Fallon sighed as he opened the door to his suite. He had been in a meeting for the last two hours discussing the questionable tactics of the Rod in Astlan as well as on a few other planes. It appeared that numerous branches had started to show signs of overzealousness in the pursuit of justice and righteousness.

He had to admit, he had been suspecting as much for some time now. What had not been clear was the level to which these overzealous attitudes had apparently crept into standard dogma. To be honest, however, he was not convinced that it was quite as bad as some others believed. He willed the light on in his resting chamber and entered, heading directly to his master wardrobe to get out of his vestments in order to take a relaxing shower.
    [/quote]

This implies that he did not willingly use a demon nor did he know Exador was a demon. There is a limit to denial.

Great catch!

I think this plays along the line that as far as the corruption, he was unaware of the why.

I.e. a patsy.

That’s the part that made me think he was banging Lilith.

Iume

To be a patsy implies a third-party is using him. Who is the third party? The Lords of Chaos? How did they even manipulate things to get Sentir to work alongside Lilith in the first place, although they do have a line to Lilith, but still…

Iume

That reminds, you need to fix the baron(es) vs. baron(ess) bit when meeting w/ Lilith.

It should be fixed in the new release I just put out. It’s so small I didn’t flag it in the ToC though.

Will look.

GameGraphix

Does anyone else thing that Sentir Fallon is a psychopath???

Found the following definition for psychopath and sociopath…never knew the difference until now…and I think the definition of psychpath fits Sentir Fallon.

[quote]Key traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:

[list][*]A disregard for laws and social mores
    [*]A disregard for the rights of others
    [*]A failure to feel remorse or guilt
    [*]A tendency to display violent behavior[/list]

In addition to their commonalities, sociopaths and psychopaths also have their own unique behavioral characteristics, as well.

Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place for very long. It is difficult but not impossible for sociopaths to form attachments with others. Many sociopaths are able to form an attachment to a particular individual or group, although they have no regard for society in general or its rules. In the eyes of others, sociopaths will appear to be very disturbed. Any crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Unlike their sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue. Intelligent psychopaths make excellent white-collar criminals and “con artists” due to their calm and charismatic natures.

The cause of psychopathy is different than the cause of sociopathy (1). It is believed that psychopathy is the largely the result of “nature” (genetics) while sociopathy is more likely the result of “nurture” (environment). Psychopathy is related to a physiological defect that results in the underdevelopment of the part of the brain responsible for impulse control and emotions. Sociopathy, on the other hand, is more likely the product of childhood trauma and physical/emotional abuse. Because sociopathy appears to be learned rather than innate, sociopaths are capable of empathy in certain limited circumstances but not in others, and with a few individuals but not others.

Psychopathy is the most dangerous of all antisocial personality disorders because of the way psychopaths dissociate emotionally from their actions, regardless of how terrible those actions may be. Many prolific and notorious serial killers, including the late Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy, and Dennis Rader (“Bind, Torture, Kill” or BTK) are unremorseful psychopaths. Psychopathic killers view their innocent victims as inhuman objects to be tormented and violated for their amusement.[/quote]

I have always thought that, but this year is far far worse.

Everyone I talk to on both sides of the “aisle” say the same thing.

My parents and I agree on the election for the first time in 30 years. We all want to vote for someone else, (and someone with a chance of winning and who is prime time capable because there are some third parties who have their own issues)

Nearly everyone I talk to desperately wants someone else. Only the most deeply invested people are actually enthusiastic about either candidate.

GameGraphix

When it comes to elections….don’t you wish there was a “None of the Above” option to select.

Iume

What I’ve been telling people: If you don’t want to vote for Hilary, but think Trump is worse then vote Green. If you don’t want to vote for Trump, but think Hilary is worse then vote Libertarian.

This is quite interesting.

Back, way back, in the day, when I took behavioral psychology (from the guy that invented the Nicotine patch) Sociopath was just the new “more accurate” term for sociopath.

Clearly further research has managed to differentiate and identify the commonly misused definitions.

So then, what is it when a person does bad things out of feeling trapped by necessity? They made a deal with the devil, so to speak and are forced to dig ever deeper trying to cover up their original sin, following a slippery slope to the Abyss?

I’m going to say we don’t have enough information yet. (and that includes me) to fully decide.

But, I do believe that such pathologies seem to be common in the circles he runs in.

I don’t know if you can be a god and not be mentally unstable in some manner. Narcissistic, egomaniacal, massive co-dependence issues, tremendous self confidence issues requiring everyone to continually tell you how great you are and how powerful you are?

Crap! Could the US be on the verge of electing a god as president? (being an apolitical site, I will allow you to decide which one is the god or if both are)

Mikey

Too bad you didn’t start with an Iain M. Banks style novel, we could all be living on yellow spaceships.

LCSpartan051

I think that the Archdemon has cast a spell of mesmerization upon the populace.

Ugh.

I don’t know at this point. One argument by people on MSNBC who seem to be in shock is “The people have chosen chemo therapy to eradicate the evil. Kill everything.”

Yeah.

I really do not like the woman, I’m a Bernie guy, but I voted for her simply because evil status quo is better than aboslute hell. But not that many agreed with me. I don’t blame Trump. I blame HRC, I blame Obama, I blame the Democratic Party, the Media I blame the Establishment of which they are apart.

In short, I blame the Elites, whatever they are. Brexit, US, this is the French Revolution all over again. Anyone but an elitist money grabbing scumbag should have seen it coming.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.