What do Gods get out of providing a afterlife?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss What do Gods get out of providing a afterlife?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Fan Art and Fan Stories are all good things.

He’s trying to think of the best way for people to upload stuff.

The Council of Wizardry Tumblr is one possible mechanism, particularly for art.

Stories–could be done in a forum with each story being a topic, or each author…or maybe come up with better module.

Summoning from an Earth, at this point in their timelines is very hard…see the topic on…oh shit…that’s not a topic, that’s book 2.

Well, for a spoiler scroll down:

Incubae and Succubae are very useful when it comes to demonic infiltration of low mana worlds. (hint they are the only beings capable of extradimensional sex–from the Astral Plane to the Planes of Men–very hard to defend against dream sex, particularly for virgins)

Rosver

They might be the reason for those wet dreams.

I’m looking forward for the accomodations for the fan artists and writers. And the earth summoning thingy.

And also hope that the book would give us fresh things to talk about. We are going to run out of topics soon you know with just one book to supply them.

Tizzy

Yes…of course fan works would also give discussion points.

There are various gallery features built into the site…the forums have albums but also all users have storage space and can, in theory upload images and there should be some standard way(s) of showing them….

Really need to explore that….

The forum’s albums are easy enough with the “photo” button at the top of the screen and then the double picture thing in the editor toolbar lets you pick an item from the album.

Rosver

Hmm. Planning on making a 3d fan art. Has some months before the second book is out. Lot of time for a project.

Not that good and skillful yet do so might not be that good.

Tizzy

Give it a try! I find it therapeutic even when it doesn’t turn out like I want…

Maou

Does that mean a demon could impregnate a virgin by sleeping with them in their dreams? If so I have a lot of hypothetical questions about so many things.

Tizzy

Capturing demonic textures is particularly difficult…lighting in the Abyss is pretty crappy and everything appears flat and red…

Rosver

yeah, I find it relaxing too… except when someone interrupts.

I’m not that good, as I stated but my weakest is with textures. When it comes to textures, everything just goes wrong! Hate it so much! Still, working on it though. Would work it out one day.

Rosver

Eh? That is in the next book.

Tizzy

It is action packed.

There are a few more things going on this next time around. First book was a bit tame…

More demons, more avatars, more wizards, more gods, more magic, more trouble…

Maou

Tom will be caught in a web of lies that those around him told. For some reason everybody think most of what he says is a lie. A ploy to lull them into a false sense of security. He will be so confused and use improvisation to work his way out of many situations. Also could he use his linkamancy to complete unbind or reverse his blackbar so that he will control the wizard, or so that a wizard won’t be able to bind him even with his true name. Sounds like valuable knowledge that can make him wealthy and not on a demonic hitlist. Even if disliked people will tolerate you for benefits and the possibility of being unbound or in control of a wizard sounds like something a demon might value.

Also even without a link to Astlan a demon with enough astramancy or spaciomancy would be able to travel to Astlan even without a proper connection, so demons could still visit. Tom clearly has some skill as he could hijack a summons, so he could expand on that, and Len can obviously do it with ease. Tom displays signs of being either a genius, prodigious, or really desperate mana wielder. You can do what you believe you can and panic tends to either make you reach for more or shatter you. Tom is proactive and goes further when pressured. For some reason I think people will question his true age because of his skills, actions, and Rupert. He should probably just steal the book at some point just because I want to know what it says. It will then either give him great power, or he will just burn it to solve the problem. I really want to read the beta and I am currently thinking of 3 main progressions in my head with various deviations. The book was really addictive. You have great ideas Tizzy.

Tizzy

Yep…

Except I think stealing the book is going to give him more problems than he wants.

Even more people will be after him. Right now, Lenamare doesn’t want anything to do with him, and the Peanut Gallery may be intrigued by him but they have no reason to go after him, particularly since he’s a huge unknown. They will want to keep their eye on their prize…if he steals the prize, then suddenly both Lenamare and the Peanut Gallery will be after Tom.

Tom would just like to get a grip on things as they are for the moment. But he’s got a hostage, Rupert and well…plenty of people to tell him how pissed the Rod and Tiernon are likely going to be.

Oh, and the Oorstemothians want to ajudicate “Lord Edwyrd” to permanent death by this point.

Tizzy

Thanks the author guy hogs all the credit but it’s really my story…

Yes a huge number of possibilities.

There is an old Chinese Curse: “May you live in interesting times.”

I am thinking it might be better stated as “May you live in a novel.”

Of course, the worst thing would be to live in a TV Show/Movie and be a supporting character (particularly if you have a red shirt). At least the stars know they’re going to live…

…unless that TV show is based on a book by George Martin, in which case, all bets are off and we are back to, “May you live in a fantasy novel.”

Rosver

Yahhhh! Tom with really like to vanish at some point or another. Such a jumble of chaos isn’t really good for a person’s mental health, demon or not. Why does trying to stay out of trouble lead Tom to it?

Tom might need to kick some ass again. Talarius’ would have some followers that would like to save him from Tom’s grip. Which means, maybe, more knights in shining armor. Well, at least, if that happens, boredom wouldn’t be a problem for Tom. Time for him to practice his martial arts skills, doing katas and so.

Being Tom’s master, Lenamare might be gathering rather unpleasant attention from everyone especially the other master wizards. People would like to know more about the demon and would likely drill Lenamare for that. They might even force him to summon the demon. Really, the demon brings more problem than anything else. Poor Lenamare.

Damien and Gastrope might also be also in a great deal of distress. They know Tom/Edwyrd’s secret and seeing how dangerous a demon Tom really is (or so they thought), great deal of imagined punishment would terrorize them for fear of breaking that promise of secrecy.

As for the book, I had a suspicion as I stated in another topic. It is very likely.

There really a lot of interesting things going on with this book. You can read it many times and not be bored. Great book.

Tizzy

Yes, and they always remember what a great time they had, after that miserable experience was over.

I think humans, twisted creatures that they are, thrive on adversity.

Ever notice how many die very soon after retiring from their professions? They die of boredom. (Actually this is statistically true)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.