Tom’s tongue

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Tom’s tongue

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Exactly…

Although on a decoration front…I note that his tail is not just for decoration…maybe his tongue is a weapon as well.

I know that the tongues of Incubae and Succubae are not just for decoration.

Rosver

I just have to ignore that.

Tizzy

:d/

Maou

Do any of the gods require virgin sacrifices, I know some of the older deities of Earth required such. so I just want to know whom still does that.

Tizzy

I would imagine so. That’s why I’m doing my best to protect the pretty young things….endangered species preservation and all.

Tizzy

Not sure how many there are on Earth, but on many planes it’s quite common.

For example in the original Dragon Slayer, they sacrificed virgins to Vermithrax.

Very typical on many of these planes that have Kindle based travel guides to have youth, virginal youth and sacrifice them.

It’s often a great incentive for teen sex and pregnancy. Keeps them out of the lottery. It’s almost always a lottery.

I also know a lot of demons, e.g. Lillith, Asmodeus, Sammael etc who enjoy virgin strains in the various Blood Wines.

Rosver

I never heard of religions requiring virgin sacrifice. Life or human sacrifice? Yes. Virgin sacrifice? No. What religion is that that requires such sacrifices?

Maou

Have you not heard of stories that require a live virginal sacrifice who is often an attractive woman. Male sacrifices are uncommon. You find these stories in a lot of old mythologies and other various media.

Rosver

Yes, I have heared of this virgin sacrifices. A wellknown one is the sacrifices for the Minotaur. However, these sacrifices is not religious in nature. Of course I would not accept the media like films, fiction, blogs and gossip. For most part, they are made up and doesn’t really have much truth. It also often is not religious too. They are actually not related to religion at all like sacrificing to satan, or to gain youth and power, to pacify dragons, etc.

I haven’t really come across a religion that have a tradition of giving virgin sacrifices. Of course there are those that sacrifice children, whom we could assume are virgins, but their virginity has nothing to do with the sacrifice.

Rosver

That is why I’m asking resources because I never really have come to a religion that requires virgin sacrifice. I also read about other civilizations. I especially study a lot about Eastern Civilization like India.

There are of course such sacrifices here and there occuring but not religious. Mostly they are dome by cults. Well, unless we consider cults as religion, then you might be right.

Also most virgin sacrifices I come upon are made up by Christians like those demon sacrifices and so, and I’m almost sure they are not real.

Also many religion doesn’t really use blood/human sacrifices. Many use animal sacrifices. Some offer food and wine. Mostly they just create a place of worship. The fact is, even though human sacrifices does happen, it is very rare. Many religion doesn’t really do that.

Rosver

That was a interesting twist Tizzy.

Well, your version matches closely to Roman Catholic. There are other various religions that is based on this mythology though and most don’t agree with the Roman Catholic’s version.

Also, while the missiah migt be virginal, the sacrifice isn’t a virgin sacrifice. The virgin part isn’t technically necessary it seems for the sacrifice.

Tizzy

Yes, a completely unexpected bonus (if he was a virgin) and not necessary.

However, I am not sure that the sheep and goats that the original tribes sacrificed were virgins.

It’s just always struck me that a religion based on a human sacrifice and ritualized cannibalism is considered “the good guys”

That doesn’t leave me much room to get darker and creepier when I start my own “Evil” religion.

Maou

That is where you are wrong. Most ancient cultures had their religion fully integrated with their lives. It would be impossible to gather to certain places on a regular basis so their religion would seem more akin to customs. Many stories in ancient myth offer sacrifices to a god, spirit, monster, dragon, or other supernatural deity. Overtime we separated these things based on religion, but old myths do include virgin sacrifices and do tie in with the religion. These stories aren’t as common now however as Christians tend to be pyromaniacs that believe fire solves problems. Why preserve things that make you think differently or have a different view point when you can burn them. They they destroyed millenia of culture in decades. You’ll also find accounts of this in many human societies so don’t limit yourself to western civilization and also look at prior civilizations. You’ll find plenty.

Madfox11

[quote=Rosver;1406]Also many religion doesn’t really use blood/human sacrifices. Many use animal sacrifices. Some offer food and wine. Mostly they just create a place of worship. The fact is, even though human sacrifices does happen, it is very rare. Many religion doesn’t really do that.[/quote]

Depends how far back you look and how you define religious human sacrifice. The Mayans, Atzecs, and Celts most assuredly sacrificed humans, even if their later conquerors likely exaggarated the numbers for public relational purposes. Furthermore, when god-king emporers kill their slaves, servants and wives/concubines at their death to be buried with them, it could be considered a religious sacrifce. Mind you, I have never come across any reference to virginity in regards to human sacrifice except in the relative modern/christinized versions of myths and fairy tales either. Of course, little is known about the details of said religions and most of what is known is through the conquerors who have reason to put their targets in a bad light.

Tizzy

Egyptians…very good example…

Clearly, if the Pharaoh is a god, making sure he has servants in the afterlife by killing his current servants is definitely a sacrifice…someone else could have used them

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.