Tom’s tongue

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Tom’s tongue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

The fork could be for smelling…it could be for telling lies (he speak with forked tongue) or it could be more like the Strain style vampire to puncture a victim and suck out mana and animus.

All demons are different, so what a forked tongue might do for one demon, might be different for another. There is no evolution in demons, they are the products of pure nightmare…so maybe the tongue is just forked for appearance because the people dreaming it up didn’t know what forked tongues were for.

Tizzy

Ah, but the Aztec, Mayan and Zapotect etc were definitely religious ceremonies where they would cut out the human heart of the enemy on top of a giant pyramid and offer it up (and the life of the enemy) as a sacrifice to their gods.

Rosver

Really, I wondred how you survived that long. You have been messing with the gods long before Tom did his thieving.

Not to mention, poor people, they would have been receiving their god’s wrath because the sacrifices never reach their destination.

Tizzy

Well…not sure if this is technically a virgin sacrifice (probably depends on who you talk to, but considering his best “girl” friend was a prostitute…he might not have been a virgin..)

The religion I’m talking about is one I found on an Earth. There was this man, about 33, going around with a new message about his culture’s god. While there’s a lot written about him, no mention of any sexual activities in the mainstream documents. Anyway one thing leads to another, and the “God” of the religion arranges a series of events so that this prophet/messiah type gets executed by the local government.

This execution ends with his blood being let from his side by a spear wielder into a large cup/bowl. Imbuing it with mystical powers.

Anyway, this ended up being a martyrdom that started a whole new religion surrounding this martyr.

In this creepy religion, his followers gather regularly to ritualistically consume his flesh and drink his blood. And according the the older version of his church, the bread and wine they drink in remembrance of him literally transubstantiates in the mouth of the worshiper to become the actual flesh and blood of their messiah. If you don’t believe this, they kick you out of the religion.

After the death of the messiah, the religion said they no longer needed to kill goats or lambs as sacrifices because their messiah was one big human/divine sacrifice, a “lamb of god” so to speak and its sacrifice, and the ritualistic drinking of his blood and consumption of his flesh banished the need for more sacrifices.

So anyway…this creepy cannibalistic religion started with human sacrifice, and very possibly a virginal sacrifice.

Flakes
    Flakes

Since we are asking pointless assinine questions, I thought I would ask one of my own.

Snakes use their tongues to smell and sense vibrations. The forked nature is about depth perception (like eyes), but for different senses.

So the question is this if tom closes his eyes and flicks his tongue out can he tell you that you are standing right over there from your B.O. If he licks railroad tracks can he tell if a train is coming.

Maou

Interesting idea, it might depend on the demon, some might do that naturally, while others could learn it over time. Demons might have other senses that humans lack. Maybe they have that sense hammerheads have that let them detect other sea life by their nervous system. Might be interesting to know how many senses demons might have. They likely have more senses and sharper senses than the average human.

Rosver

When demons have a very strong sense of smell, sight and hearing; and special senses like sensing mana, such form of sense seems unnecessary.

Jonnyboi

The humans probably thought that since demons are all liars, schemers, and backstabbers that it would be fitting to relate their words to one of a snake. But Tizzy is an exception since it’s not a matter of knowing if he’s lying but a matter of interpretation.

Rosver

Tizzy you’re condition seems to favor you if you loose.

As for virgin, try virgin coconut oil. It’s healthy.

Tizzy

If things are setup correctly, everything should favor me.

Virgin Coconut Oil?

Hmm, don’t know. I tried virgin Olive Oil, but her two suitors–that big brute like guy and the skinny sailor with the huge forearms got really upset.

The big brute guy was pretty easy to put down, but the skinny guy popped open a can of green stuff and gulped it down. He then proceeded to beat me up pretty badly.

And then there was their friend, just sitting their munching on a big plate of hamburgers and watching me get beat up!

So virgin Oils? Not so sure about

Tizzy

Interpretation? I think I’m generally quite clear and concise. Not sure what there is to interpret. If I say that I’m going to go have a lunch buffet of virgins if I can’t stay by your side, then I pretty much mean it.

Now, I suppose the interpretation would be “female virgins” but I’m not picky. I’ll happily eat virgins of either sex. They are so tasty.

The only untasty virgin I found was this little square rectangle virgin (it even used the word virgin in it’s title/honorific and had it painted on it “Virgin Mobile”) so I tried to eat this Mobile virgin, but it was really crunchy and nasty. Plus so small that it didn’t fill me up. I then saw this really giant metal sausage with wings that said it was also a Virgin, but it was too big to fit in my mouth so I didn’t even try to eat it.

Rosver

Wow, you meet Popeye. Love that guy when I was a kid. Doesn’t seem to appear on TV now though.

By the way, her name is Olive Oyl.

Amazing that Popeye is stronger than you demon. Well, Popeye did incredible feats after munching some spinach.

Tizzy

You asked about plants with mana? Clearly spinach is one.

Remember, I don’t type nor can I spell, you are just getting what I mentally dictate to my Dragon Naturally Thinking App.

eugene2k

>So the question is this if tom closes his eyes and flicks his tongue out can he tell you that you are standing right over there from your B.O.

Well, considering a demon’s physical body is just a manifestation, and a representation of astlanians’ fears and beliefs about how demons are supposed to look, the demon’s tongue would either be just for decoration (as would be every other part of their body) or it would depend on what astlanians believe the the demons’ forked tongue is for…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.