This book was epic.

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Heavenly Host This book was epic.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;2884]Do you have any idea how much effort it is to transport butter? You have to keep it much cooler than the ambient temperature of the Abyss. Chocolate chips can also be a problem…but not like butter.
    [/quote]

Ooo, I didn’t think of that!

Of course, getting melted butter for any recipe would be no problem. Heh.

Tizzy

Well, if he’s going to keep inviting his buddies over….I am going to have to start charging for my cookies!

Demobutter doesn’t make itself! It’s a lot of work to clarify the butter with the Demon Weed in it and then bake the cookies, plus regular baking supplies aren’t that easy to come by in the Abyss. Actually, that’s really the bigger problem. Demon Weed grows pretty well in the Abyss (if you know how to fertilize and moisturize it) and you get flour etc, but butter? Do you have any idea how much effort it is to transport butter? You have to keep it much cooler than the ambient temperature of the Abyss. Chocolate chips can also be a problem…but not like butter.

I mean, maybe if I can borrow the keys to the World Gate and some of those coins Völund is making, I would only have to charge for my labor; I can pay my assistant cooks with cookies. Actually, considering how much the sneakily eat while baking, they should consider themselves paid in full!

Tizzy

Are the adventurers mighty tasty or do they think gelatinous cubes are tasty?

Actually, thinking of that you might enjoy the movie [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1]The Stuff,[/url] it’s not a gelatinous cube, it’s more like sentient yogurt. You eat it, then it eats you.

Production values are well, Abyssmal, but that’s what I like.

So good point on the walking. Maybe I’ll bug T-A-G to do some prequel stories, riding wagons doesn’t make sense. He keeps saying he’s got lots of shorter stories in mind, he just never gets to putting them down.

I do think learning more about the lesser people in Astlan could be amusing. I only ever get to meet and eat very powerful wizards and their associates. I’ve been told that most Astlanians can’t spew lightning bolts and fireballs at will. However, I have not met any that can’t, so far.

We demons do have a rather jaundiced view of Astlanians. A lot of demons are scared to death(?) of Astlanians. Mothers scare their baby demons with tales of them. However, I’ve been around long enough (and eaten enough of them) to realize many of them are no more powerful than a sprite or imp, and some even a lot weaker.

Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;2904]Are the adventurers mighty tasty or do they think gelatinous cubes are tasty?

Actually, thinking of that you might enjoy the movie [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1]The Stuff,[/url] it’s not a gelatinous cube, it’s more like sentient yogurt. You eat it, then it eats you.
    [/quote]

Oh, that’s my cousin George. He’s the actor of the family. He’s got that knack of eating prey from the inside. I always thought it was cool.

Tizzy

Well dining habits do vary by culture.

I’ll be honest, I thought George’s table manners were a bit…off…but I am used to food going the other way so I suppose it’s all just a matter of what you are used to.

Al’mudo

Maybe T-A-G can share with us the parts that were cut after beta…like the roller coaster or whatnot…Especially needed for those who have gone in withdrawal after Book 2 happened to be so short….(compared to Book 1)

Tizzy

Hmm, that’s an interesting idea.

The roller coaster would be an excellent example of dribble to put on the site.

Some of the other cut bits, however, are going to be rewritten and expanded to deal with Captain Asmeth and his crew and the inter dimensional brigands that stole the book for Lenamare. Tentatively, that will be in a shorter book (and potential series) call the Seas of Astlan: Red Sky at Dawn (or something like that)

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.