This book was epic.

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Heavenly Host This book was epic.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Yes i really enjoyed Book II, I’ve already reread it twice although i did skim through the side views on subsequent reads since I’m more interested in Tom’s/acquaintances/abyss side, but that’s just me and not a reflection on the writing quality. You did a great job as expected and I’m already impatient for the next one. =d> =d> =d>

Thanks!

Yeah, I’ve been guilty of that myself in some books. I admit it was a real problem with Tom stuck in the cave and all the action happening elsewhere, that won’t be a problem going forward, because now rather than sitting on the periphery, Tom has found himself stuck at the center of an active volcano, both literally and figuratively.

There are bound to be all sorts of eruptions!

o:)

About 15% to 20%. Actual launching of book 2 and v.1 Countdown; with advertising campaigns and monitoring/tweaking them etc sort of took me out of the “zone” and working now to get back into the writing zone.

I actually have 3 zones when it comes to “writing” the “plotting zone” the “writing zone” the “review/edit zone” The plotting zone is like a first draft or two of the story that happens in my head. Actually, plotting is probably not the right word. Because plotting of the overall arc in bullet point form was/is mostly done so new “plotting” happens when things take an unexpected twist; and they did that a lot near end of beta; stuff gets moved up, other gets moved back.

For example; storyline and intersections with the “Inter-dimensional rogues” who stole the book and escaped from Oorstemoth on Captain Asmeth’s ship has moved back and the Knights of Chaos has moved up. How exactly this shifted, I am not so sure, but we are probably in book 4 territory for those implications.

Mental writing is implementing the bullet points, and moving them around, changing emphasis filling in the details.

So maybe I should call my 2 zones; “mental writing” and “typing” mental writing I do laying in bed, in the shower, while driving or other odd times; I write the story a couple different ways in my head and then in the next zone I type it up the first time. Then I will go over it a couple times in preparation for next writing zone and maybe rewrite/edit/improve before moving on to typing the newest stuff from the mental zone.

Korwin

So how far along is book 3 😀

Anskier

I just want to say I really liked how the book turned out.

I was here for Beta 1 and really enjoyed most of the changes made since then.

I can’t wait for the next one lol

I have no idea what book you people are talking about.

It sounds like some work of fiction. I have no time for such frivolous froo-frah as the Law is a seriously seductive siren that surreptitiously subsumes all of its servants’ schedules!

Gelcube

Oh me, oh my! I thoroughly enjoyed that! I actually missed the preorder somehow. Got involved with playing Wonder5 Masters, and forgot all about the IMPORTANT stuff. Well, having just finished book 2, I’m already getting the munchies for book 3. SO worth it.

Tizzy

I would like to poke T-A-G with a pitchfork to prod him to write faster.

Unfortunately, the only Pitchfork Warehouse store location is in the Courts of Chaos and I am pretty sure I’m demona non grata there at the moment. Wonder if I can them to open a second store in Mount Doom?

BTW…The DoomSpa will be re-opening next week down in the lower levels, near the lava basin under the Great Hall.

It’s been closed since Doom went inactive. But we got D’Orcs working on cleaning it up (lots of work after 4000 years of neglect) It’s much nicer than Hellsprings Eternal. It’s more of a full service D’Orcish Bath.

We have your standard lava spa tubs and pools, water swimming pools with near boiling, half boiling and nearly freezing water; there are several sauna’s both dry and steam. We have some really great scalding steam saunas, as well as a Mercury Steam sauna for the really hardcore bathers. FYI Mercury steam is over 674.1 degrees Fahrenheit, 356.7 C. Personally, it’s a bit warm for me, but some like it, they slowly work up to that one, and then run out and jump in the icy cold water bath! There was talk about having a liquid Nitrogen bath shortly before Doom went quiet. Not sure if we’ll add that later.

The reason they took so long to decide on the liquid Nitrogen bath was that we weren’t sure if it should go in the spa or the torture chamber. If you dip a demon, D’Orc, mortal, etc. in it, they freeze up solid, and then you can shatter them with a hammer. Regenerating from frozen shards is rather painful.

Anyway, there is also a gym and several massage rooms. Darg-nargoloth tells me those were used even after Doom shutdown.

However, we won’t let T-A-G go to the spa until after he finishes book 3.

Gelcube

Ok, about to finish THH for the third (fourth…fifth?) time. I keep loving it. When I started hearing about Hilda before THH came out, I wasn’t sure I was going to like her. But I think the scene of her in Wargtown cinched it for me. I like her. Hope her and Trisfelt actually get a chance to create a relationship beyond the friendship they have now.

I think I’ve started changing my opinion on Rupert. In ITA, I was thinking maybe he was Tom’s brother. After all, we only know that Tom’s dad died in an accident about ten years before ITA. If Tom’s dad was summoned at that time, he COULD have conceived Rupert in nearly the correct timeframe.

BUT, now that the World Gate has entered the picture…and seeing how I watched many of the SG-1 episodes, I see another possibility. Now I’m thinking Tom really IS Rupert’s father…or WILL be. After all, Tizzy continues to call Tom Rupert’s father, even though he knows good and well he can’t be at the moment. I mean, what good is being The Concordenax if you don’t KNOW things, right? I can think of several ways it can go if this is the case. All of them quite amusing…well, for us, not for Tom. 🙂 IF that’s the case, then that means Tom won’t end up the Eternal Virgin Demon Prince (R).

I mean, seriously, I still remember what *I* was thinking about nearly 24/7 when I was seventeen. Heh. What’s the point of being the Dark Overlord of the Abyss if you can’t have a few groupies over to your pad?

Tizzy

That is what Reggie is thinking about, I can guarantee you. That is one disadvantage us naked male demons have.

Tom does have a voluptuous blond in a revealing pink harem costume that calls him master! And who wants to grant him wishes. (and I have to say in my experience, one of the main reasons a djinni agrees to be bound is so the djinni can explore ‘earthly pleasures’ with their master–see Crispin–Djinnistan is a very odd place dedicated to pure intellect and isn’t particularly material in the traditional sense, the djinn incarnate on the worlds of orc/men to experience physical sensations.)

Of course, that might make Zelda jealous. Zelda isn’t that much older than Tom or Tamarin, all three are very young for their species. Although both Zelda and Tamarin think Tom is a lot older than he really is.

I only know how old he is because he told Boggy and I his age when he first arrived. Otherwise I wouldn’t believe it myself.

Gelcube

[quote=EyeDeKay;2899]Tizzy him walking doesn’t make sense as in the first book book tom had to carry him while they escaped lenamare’s school. [/quote]

Yes, he did seem to be in about the same physical shape as a normal human boy about that age. So probably unlikely he walked all the way to Lenamare’s school. Still, I doubt there would be many farmers that wouldn’t give a small boy a ride. And from what little Rupert DID say, it sounded like he did travel for a bit.

As for being a omnivore, you’d be surprised at the number of adventurers that decide that a Gelcube is fairly harmless. Mighty tasty. =p~

EyeDeKay

Tizzy him walking doesn’t make sense as in the first book book tom had to carry him while they escaped lenamare’s school.

Tizzy

Hmm,

That is a good question, not sure how Rupert was planning to do that. Maybe his mom told him his dad’s true name?

Or maybe he hasn’t quite figured that out yet, but was planning on learning how to research it. Do we even know if he knows his own true name?

I would assume he must have been born and grew up somewhere near Lenamare, he’s a little kid and I doubt he could travel that far to get to Lenamare’s school.

Well, I suppose he could have…he is a demon after all, and he knew he was a demon, so he wouldn’t have to worry about free range kobolds and similar brigands mugging him. He didn’t know how to fly though, didn’t have wings, so he’d have been hoofing it….and while he probably thought he was hungry, he would not have died of starvation etc.

Maybe T-A-G should write a prequel at some point?

Of course, there I went talking about free range kobolds, making me hungry! I only eat organic free range kobolds, of course. Got standards on food safety and all. Won’t touch any of those cave grown kobolds, all raised inside those tiny little caves.

Of course, I suppose being a Gelatinous Cube you probably eat anything you can ooze over. Guessing that means lots of salads since grass can’t run away very easily. Met a few trees that could though.

Of course, as an avid sportsman, I believe in a pure carnivore diet. What’s the fun of eating if your dinner does not run, scream and try to fight you?

That’s why I think vegetarians are evil! At least ‘fauna’ can run away, fight and try to escape, but the vast majority of ‘flora’ is just stuck there in the ground and can’t run away. Vegetarians are very unsportsmanlike! Plus, they eat their prey alive! Think about it! you pluck an onion, potato, etc. They keep growing until you cut them up and eat them! So if you eat a vegetable, you are eating a living thing!

OK, now I admit, I have done that more than a few times. But again, when I’m eating someone alive, they can kick, scream, hit me and try to force me to stop. Not a poor helpless green onion, radish or turnip though!

Hmm, although what about Demon Weed? Well, I don’t do the whole plant, just the buds, really. And once the buds dry out they are dead…so I think I’m OK on that. Well, if nothing else once burnt in my pipe they’re dead before I smoke them.

Gelcube

[quote=Puck;2887]
    Why ruin whats a good thing with something horribly complicated and terrible. T_T[/quote]

Oooo…kay. <_< Granted, as a Gelatinous Cube, my only "action" is digesting my current prey, but it's still pretty nice. =p~ [quote=Tizzy;2888] Tom does have a voluptuous blond in a revealing pink harem costume that calls him master! And who wants to grant him wishes. (and I have to say in my experience, one of the main reasons a djinni agrees to be bound is so the djinni can explore 'earthly pleasures' with their master--see Crispin--Djinnistan is a very odd place dedicated to pure intellect and isn't particularly material in the traditional sense, the djinn incarnate on the worlds of orc/men to experience physical sensations.) Of course, that might make Zelda jealous. Zelda isn't that much older than Tom or Tamarin, all three are very young for their species. Although both Zelda and Tamarin think Tom is a lot older than he really is. [/quote] I'm sure that most demon princes wouldn't think that "dipping the pen in the company well" was an issue, or even a thing, but I doubt Tom will think that way. Should be quite amusing if Tamarin and/or Zelda decide to take things into their own hands. Heheheh. You know, I just realized that we know NOTHING about Rupert's mother. Not her name, what she looked like, where she and Rupert lived, what she told Rupert about his father...nothing. I mean, Rupert said he was at Lenamare's school to learn to summon his father. How was going to do that with no name or description? Another mystery to be revealed in AoD! :d/ And I am SO looking forward to Jenn learning about Edwyrd/Tom. Heheheheh.

Puck

[quote=Gelcube;2883]
    I mean, seriously, I still remember what *I* was thinking about nearly 24/7 when I was seventeen. Heh. What’s the point of being the Dark Overlord of the Abyss if you can’t have a few groupies over to your pad?[/quote]

Why ruin whats a good thing with something horribly complicated and terrible. T_T

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.