The Wedding Party

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading The Wedding Party

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Iume

I completely missed that. I think I’ve read these scenes too many times and my eyes are starting to auto-skip.

[color=darkred][size=5]Aha!
    [/size][/color]
    I went back to the Torean and Tiernon discussions to do more foreshadowing.

Low and behold, I’d completely revealed the Wedding Party in my updates in their second meeting with this line:

[quote]
    “Do you have the skill?” Torean asked.

“No.” Tiernon shook his head. “I can think of two people that I know, off the top of my head that could do it. Unfortunately, Sentir Fallon severely pissed both of them off by killing Orcus; and neither has spoken to me since then.”

“Well when you permanently slay the leader of the pantheon; it does tend to annoy the other members.” Torean said.

“Pantheon?” Tiernon chuckled, “you remember how much Orcus hated people referring to the Tartarvardenennead as a pantheon.”

Torean grinned back at his brother. “Remember how he nearly punched you in the face at the wedding reception?” They both laughed.

“Over forty thousand years ago and I still remember.” Tiernon shook his head.

“That reception should have been our first clue as to how bad an idea the marriage was.” Torean reminded his brother.

“Things certainly went downhill from there, for both families.” Tiernon nodded in agreement, his face becoming much more somber thinking about his father and step-mother.
    [/quote]

This was an update that was in Alpha-3 but not Alpha-2. To be fair I forgot it myself in our discussions.

I have also updated the first discussion when they talked about war with the Olympians, and clarified more on the prisoners, talking about Hephaestus wanted the Olympians to go to war over the slaying of Orcus, but Zeus not willing to go that far; however, if he had known about Eris, then there would have been war.

In a later alpha I upped the discussion of Tiernon and Torean to talk about Olympian Tragedy etc.

However, you are right about the killing of Orcus and family issues.

I need to up the references earlier across the board.

Thinking about a hint when talking about Eris being locked up with Tom and in the discussion about Olympian Tragedy and not wanting the Olympians to know I will add that Zeus is not happy about his daughter going missing and then Orcus getting killed. Of course, people might interpret Zeus being angry about Orcus dying because he holds the key to Tartarus where all Zeus’ prisoners are but…

Very few people in Astlan know the Abyssal switch, for one thing you have to “know” the abyss better than most wizards do, or want to know.

Yes, Exador was able to control where people went. He always swapped with the same spot in the Abyss, even from different spots in Astlan. He needed a region that he new would be relatively “safe” from prying eyes and other threats in the Abyss.

Ben

[quote=The Author Guy;4898]You would have had to go back to that chapter and read it again being aware that it was there, so you didn’t miss it in mind numbing mode.

I should have told people that it was there, and to explicitly read it…but I forgot.

I wrote the new lines, specifically to setup the Wedding Party, and then completely, totally forgot that I had done so until I was reading through looking to see where I could foreshadow.

If the guy the wrote the lines can’t remember he wrote them, how is someone re-reading for the umpteenth time going to know to look.[/quote]

I missed that bit because you told us to start reading from chapter 139 lol

Ben

I was a bit surprised at Orcus’ son in the wedding scene. Everyone ‘sees’ Lord Tommus as Prcus mark 2 and yet the seem to treat Rupert as Rupert rather than Orcus’ son mark 2?

Ben

Also I felt like crying when I realized there was no more to read . . . Sob

Good points, and he is going to be praying between Wedding Scene Follow up and the leavetaking for the Citadel.

Of course, Tiernon won’t get his prayer mail until after the battle is in progress, when he can’t get back to Talarius due to the beacons.

Burien

Im having a hard time with nobody mentioning Orcus’s son as well. The only mention of a son was the prophecy which said Tom would have his son with him. Also no mention of him when discussing those lost with Orcus.

If the pheonix cycle taking so long with Tommus is explained by the effects of EM, was Dis killed the same way(assuming Rupert is Dis v2.0)?

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;5006]All we know is that none of them ever came back to the Abyss. The assumption that everyone (the D’Orcs) are making is that they were all killed permanently somehow.[/quote]
    How about Orcus’ plan-Q fleet of suspended-animation reincarnation incubi?

That would be useful to have….and you are close to something coming up at the end of the book….

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;5010]… at the end of the book….[/quote]
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8i-pSVMaQ[/youtube]

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.