Talarius on Sondheim, during the end credits

Welcome To Astlan Forums General Questions Talarius on Sondheim, during the end credits

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I do seem to use that word a lot.

I do think I blogged a discussion about a character in a HH cut storyline called the Mobius Magi (who has also been referred to).

He’s an example of self contained time travel loop. He not only fathered himself, he apprenticed himself to himself, by accident of course, he didn’t know (neither older or younger) that he was taking himself as an apprentice, nor that he was his own father, but time loops are funny that way. Of course part of this was because he took himself as an apprentice before he fathered himself.

It’s for this sort of thing that I am keeping time travel out of the series. It’s way too complicated to keep straight when you add in dimensions as well as timelines.

Iume

[quote=Mikey;5427][quote=Burien;5426]So… just who is Orcus’ father?[/quote]

Open your book 3 beta EPUB and search for “mirror”.[/quote]

I must be blind because I don’t see mention of Orcus’s father. Step-father may be Aetherius, but birth father (unless like it was like Dis)?

Well, the argument that Mikey was making before this was something akin to he is his own father. Or something a bit more complex.

But the key is, as Phaestus said. You can’t really trust these stories.

In some accounts it is Ares. But again, hard to know.

Mikey

[quote=Iume;5429][quote=Mikey;5427][quote=Burien;5426]So… just who is Orcus’ father?[/quote]

Open your book 3 beta EPUB and search for “mirror”.[/quote]

I must be blind because I don’t see mention of Orcus’s father. Step-father may be Aetherius, but birth father (unless like it was like Dis)?[/quote]

You’re right, I was sure that it was revealed in the Memory Mirror scene, but it wasn’t.

Any interesting guesses? The Baroness of Chaos?

Iume

Everytime I think Ares I can’t help but picture Kevin Smith from Hercules the Legendary Journey and Xena: Warrior Princess. Bad-ass leather; kept getting his ass beat. Eris was his fetish sidekick in those shows wasn’t she?

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;5430]Well, the argument that Mikey was making before this was something akin to he is his own father. Or something a bit more complex.[/quote]

As an architect and a consultant, one of my key attributes is appearing more clever than I really am, so that people interpret my stupid screw-ups as some sort of inscrutable genius.

In the end, what people believe is more real, than what is.

Mikey

[quote=Burien;5426]So… just who is Orcus’ father?[/quote]

Open your book 3 beta EPUB and search for “mirror”.

Burien

So… just who is Orcus’ father?

Mikey

[quote=Iume;5438]Wrong Kevin Smith. I mean this one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808963/%5B/quote%5D

What the hell? They made a movie out of Riverworld? And I haven’t seen it?

Iume

It wasn’t a great movie. 3/5 for me.

I liked it when I watched it on the Sci-Fi channel, but it isn’t something I’d rewatch again and again. It just felt too rushed.

Edit: Or am I thinking of the Riverworld TV series?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.