Singkun

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Taking personal accountings with a grain of salt is my motto, which also helps if I need to escape persistent solicitors. Turns out Salt in the eyes is quite a valid distraction.

[quote=Tizzy;6865]It does seem to work better than throwing over one’s shoulder.[/quote]

[size=6]Unless it’s at the waiter arriving with your check so you can dine and dash.[/size]

Iume

Speaking of gods remaking themselves…

1. Demiurge was once El / Elohim (sound familiar?)
    2. El was a storm god who is suspiciously similar to Zeus.
    3. El was the Ba’al of Storms, leader of his pantheon, and was once married to a fertility goddess named Asherah, but they broke up. He had her followers eliminated too in an attempt to seize control of all of the pantheon’s worshipers.
    4. El, Ba’al of Storms, was once cuckolded by the Ba’al of the River and Seas.
    5. El was one of the Ba’al, but a bit of religious fevor and some mortal male egos converted all other Ba’al’s into demons and stopped calling El the Ba’al of Storms. This happened after a female worshiper of a third Ba’al caused a bit of a problem with the local clergy.

* Ba’al just means Lord, but the Demiurge used his ancient title to demonize the competition?

Tizzy

Not sure how good my aim would be in hitting the waiter’s eyes throwing the shoulder over my shoulder.

Maybe I should through it between my left shoulders?

Tizzy

It does seem to work better than throwing over one’s shoulder.

Tizzy

So let me get this straight…are you saying that the demiurge moved in and usurped Shangdi and his religion?

That is SO TYPICAL of that guy! He is very notorious for going in, finding a local, canonizing them and then identifying that saint with a regional god, thus usurping the worship of the local god to his saint and thus him.

I gotta tell you, this has pissed off a lot of gods, an awful lot of gods. To be fair, it’s also been a big boost to Sam. Sam has positioned himself as the default opposition to the demiurge. Thus, I suspect, he’s getting backing from a lot of them.

Tizzy

Hmm,

I think that’s a critical point you have there: Demonizing other gods, trying to downgrade them in the eyes of their followers.

Yep, that’s one of his tactics. You can see why that pisses so many people off!

Coatl

I’m new around here, so first, hi. We’ve established that Tom wasn’t religious, but is it possible that Singkun did the whole reincarnation thing for Orcus without him knowing about it? I do support the theory that Orcus has spent the last 4000 years reincarnating as a mortal until he regained enough animus so that a certain annoying, insane demon can arrange for a demon summoning that would begin the process of kickstarting him back to what he used to be. It’s also been said that reincarnation requires divine guidance, the kind that a Buddha would be able to pull off. This is just my thoughts on the matter.

Konicomi

[quote=Tizzy;7434]Yes, it might be interesting, I suppose, but really, they don’t even have great personalities, let alone looks.

Their default forms are pasty, sickly, squishy, human like. Seriously, could anyone even contemplate romantic relations with someone who looked like a human? Ick.

[i][/i][/quote]

With that in mind the only partner fit for Tom based off your specs is …. You and I dont think anyone wants to see that I mean I had to imagine it when I thought of it and now i have to go have my brain washed after I finish this reply you know how much that costs and im going to have to have it done 3 or 4 times to be sure the entire image is GONE. I’m going to say contemplating romantic relations with humans is MUCH better then your being with Tom you dont look bad its just the bedroom talk that makes me shiver so much.

Tizzy

[scared]

Well, yes, I admit I am the multiverse’s most ideal lover, certainly the most accomplished…but Tom?

No. [thumbdn]

He’s like a little brother to me! Not to mention the age difference, he’s 17 and I’m…well a couple years older….

Nope.

I understand why you would think that, I mean, I was a Playdemon centerfold a few–ahem–years back, and my charm and personality are second to none.

But nope. No way! Not going to happen. Practically incest, and since I’m not a god, not going to happen!

Besides, Bess is much more my type. Female and furry! Purrrrr….

Tizzy

Yes, it might be interesting, I suppose, but really, they don’t even have great personalities, let alone looks.

Their default forms are pasty, sickly, squishy, human like. Seriously, could anyone even contemplate romantic relations with someone who looked like a human? Ick.

[i][/i]

Britt

But Orcus was known to work with Teirnon in the past. Him having a relations (even if just physical) with one of Teirnon’s sisters could be an interesting twist. He worked closely with their Avatars and prophets recently to fight the Lich’s forces. Maybe he peaked the interest of one of them. Just an idea. Could you imagine the look on Tiernon’s face if he found out Tommus/Orcus was literally screwing one of sisters. HAHA.

Tizzy

I will go with the eww…

Those two are–well–ok–to be fair–there are very few gods or goddesses I like. They are nearly all extreme narcissists who only think about themselves and their own interests. Only a handful of gods are able to step back and consider the things that are really important!

You know, like me and my interests.

Rakshasa

[quote=Britt;7428]Just a thought but with Tom/Orcus being a god-like being. It would be interesting if he and Tiernon’s sister started something up. That would really piss a-lot of people off and cause all kinds of fun chaos throughout the pantheons. Like I said, just a thought.[/quote]

First, Tiernon has 2 sisters.

Second, they are Orcus’s step-sisters so it’s kinda eww. Not wrong like a real sister would be, but a little icky. But that’s from a “mortal” perspective, for the Gods even being actual siblings seems less likely to invoke that response.

Regardless, I find that insanely unlikely because his being involved with Doom and the Abyss would be a major nightmare for her I would imagine… and the same for him as well (just in reverse). Although as Lilith already wants him dead it really is less of an issue for him I suppose… but if it aggravated Samael that would put Doom in a very awkward position.

Britt

Just a thought but with Tom/Orcus being a god-like being. It would be interesting if he and Tiernon’s sister started something up. That would really piss a-lot of people off and cause all kinds of fun chaos throughout the pantheons. Like I said, just a thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.