Question about creating D’Orcs

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Question about creating D’Orcs

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GameGraphix

Even with the use of anima jars to capture the souls – I still think this is problematic..

What if:
    1. The shamans where the first ones killed in the battle…who’s going to collect the souls then?
    2. Enemy action – target the soul jars during the battle and you could loose a lot of potential D’Orcs
    3. In intense battle, will the shamans actually have time to stop battling to collect the soul of a fallen fighter?
    4. How many souls per anima jar?? Are the shamans going to have to pack 20, 30, 40 jars with them in the fight?
    5. D’Orcs are supposed to be the best of the best…the elite…who judges which orcs should be made into D’Orcs especially in the middle of battle…do the shamans just collect everyone and Orcus / Tom sorts them all out later??? A spin on the old “Kill them all and let god sort them out” approach

Racue

One could also postulate that Lilith and sammael are actally the two original demons more or less case 0 so to speak. As well as them more or less being byproducts of the original population of the planes of man as the Adam and eve reference that was snuck in in book 1 I believe.

Which then begets the question are they part of some eternal divine balancing act? That there must always be demons to act as foci for negative energy as there needs to be celestial beings to act as foci for positive and that it is mortals that generate this energy and drive this cycle.

Iume

Wrong mythology. Abyss may be 2 planes below the material plane but it isn’t a negative energy plane and gods aren’t on a positive energy plane. Both beings are full of animus in this part of the multiverse so both are positively charged.

Racue

I don’t know if it’s exactly the wrong mythology as it all seems to be rather mix and match.

I understand that animus is positively charged as opposed to antianimus I was more referring to animus having two facets a yin and yang type affair so to speak.

Iume

I do not recall anything in the books or lore so far that indicate a yin-yang or other polarity of animus beyond animus/antimus.

Thus far we know:
    – Demons and Gods are both animus beings
    – Gods have godpools or pantheonpools. Demons do not.
    – Godpools cannot be accessed from the Abyss. They can be accessed from the Outer Planes. This is due to the multiversal nature of reality and how planes connect to each other rather than an intrinsic difference between gods and demons.
    – A godpool is… not clear yet. Suggested that it is a type of mana pool accessible only to the god in question (encoded/ciphered) and it stores highly refined mana (purifed animus?) gathered from worshipers. How it is formed in unknown, but Mount Doom seems to be an artificial version accessible from the Abyss and across the planes (like a regular godpool).

I cannot disagree with you.

To find out the answer to that, I may need to refer you to a certain book that “may” have the answers you seek.

Or, I could suggest going and asking the Concordenax.

All of this is quite related.

MommaGx3

[quote=GameGraphix;3942]From memory, in book 2 there where discussions about how Ocrus would create D’Orcs from from Orcs warriors that had died in battle….I got the impression that was something that could be done quickly during the heat of battle….but when Tom creates the first new D’Orc shaman this is a long involved process that needed a lot of preparation….and demon weed

Also, the need to be on a different plane then the orc that died when be making a D’Orc……wouldn’t that stop Orcus or Tom being able to create D’Orcs from orcs that had died fighting beside Orcus / Tom in a battle….you could easily lose a valuable fighter this way???[/quote]

Good points, I wonder if he needed to do it this way the first time to open up the skill? Much like how he saw how rifts were made, thought on it and then just tore his own.

With that said, it seems that the ritual isn’t exactly specific to the race of the creature. Now that Tom has all these new followers, when will we see dw’arcs and dw’elfks? I would imagine that some of those folks on Nysgaard that have been saved and sheltered by the d’orc’s and seeing their longevity would be dying for the chance. Especially since there it’s the FOG…. they wouldn’t see it as being evil or unnatural at all.

While the ritual is awesome, it does bring into play the logistical issues mentioned.

The big thing is, I think, after 50K years of doing it, they had it pretty well nailed down, with lots of experienced shamans/warlocks and a ton of mana.

Here, they are short on mana, and are reverse and over engineering it, reconstructing it in its crudest form.

Plus it was a chance to party….

Drilling down in more detail.

[quote=GameGraphix;4007]Even with the use of anima jars to capture the souls – I still think this is problematic..

What if:
    1. The shamans where the first ones killed in the battle…who’s going to collect the souls then?
    [/quote]

Then no D’Orcs that time around.
    [quote=GameGraphix;4007]
    2. Enemy action – target the soul jars during the battle and you could loose a lot of potential D’Orcs
    3. In intense battle, will the shamans actually have time to stop battling to collect the soul of a fallen fighter?
    [/quote]
    Probably not, however, if there was someone they particularly wanted to get, the shamans would have orders to link to that person to make sure they got got.

[quote=GameGraphix;4007]
    4. How many souls per anima jar?? Are the shamans going to have to pack 20, 30, 40 jars with them in the fight?
    [/quote]
    Only one per jar. They aren’t very big, it would get tight. 🙂

[quote=GameGraphix;4007]
    5. D’Orcs are supposed to be the best of the best…the elite…who judges which orcs should be made into D’Orcs especially in the middle of battle…do the shamans just collect everyone and Orcus / Tom sorts them all out later??? A spin on the old “Kill them all and let god sort them out” approach

[/quote]
    It’s general consensus, we are talking the epic/most legendary orcs in general. They can also be recommended by D’Orcs who observe them and think they are worthy.

Also, not all go upon death, once nominated and approved, they can generally choose the time of their ascension.

Same thing with the D’Wargs. Typically, the D’Wargs are the partners of the new D’Orc, but not always. D’Wargs can nominate particularly good wargs.

And in some cases, there are wargs like Schwarzenfurze that are so fierce, mean, nasty and belligerent that they get nominated to get them out of the way. 🙂

Actually, that’s a joke told about her. She came with her partner orc.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.