Power Levels of D’orcs

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Power Levels of D’orcs

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Yes, those are all possibilities, my actual thought is where they’ll sleep until they get back to their home in the material planes (they were living in Jotungard in Astlan.

However, they are going to be staying at the Citadel for a while to help clean up the mess they made of the northern wall. Clearing rubble, moving stone, the bergrisi, who did most of the damage, is also a very powerful stonesmith as one might imagine.

EyeDeKay

4000 years would be more then enough time for upgrades to their power level.

Was actually just reading that part today XD

Tizzy

Hmm, izzat what I said?

Hmm, OK, then, I will stand by that, been gone for 4,000 years, I forget things…that probably makes more sense.

EyeDeKay

[quote]
    As you are aware, most of the truly powerful demons have conscious control of Mana. Similar to a wizard or other human.”

The strongest ones are almost always mana wielders. Everything fifth-order and above does something, and most of the more powerful fourth-orders as well. ”

[/quote]
    Antefalken talking to Damien in bk1.

Tizzy

Yes, but those are demons, not D’Orcs.

However, it is still true, in that whatever they do as sort of intrinsic is something they learned vs were born with.

The big point is that orcs, except for shamans, don’t have a lot of patience for spells, reading, talking stuff.

On the other hand, there are plenty of animage disciplines that are martial and don’t necessarily look like spellcraft. We will see more of this in OOA.

The shapechanging and giant weapons are a part of this. Remember the overly huge weapons that Talarius was marveling at? Things that should not be possible to be wielded by someone of that size?

Do shapechanged weapons change their weight or they the same weight regardless of their size? where does the extra mass come from?

EyeDeKay

magic.

Tizzy

Yep!

Shape changed weapons are part of the user’s body. Like Antefalken’s clothes. Again, this is the “mana body” not an incarnated body.

Then can you say…. incarnate your shape changed weapon as a real weapon?

Tizzy

Some very powerful people can probably do that, but it’s tricky. You are making a permanent material object out of nothing.

Biological/organic matter is much easier to do that with than hard minerals etc. I mean, yes, you can channel a chunk of titanium from the elemental plane of earth, but actually fully shaping it into a weapon, particularly a sharp weapon? Difficult, and generally you want some sort of alloy for the metal Some things are just easier to do the manual way, the energy expenditure is huge.

Is the energy expenditure larger than E=MC2? otherwise a matter to energy enchantment on a block of metal or rock would be able to fuel any endeavors one could think of.

Tizzy

Well, to answer that question you have to sub-question and ask “in which dimensions”

One key feature that the Altrusians easily demonstrated while conservation of energy (and thus matter) is inviolate across the multiverse (as far as we know) but not necessarily at a single localverse level.

Meaning you can do Dimensional Energy Arbitrage to move energy/matter back and forth across dimensions/universes or extra dimensional spaces. In the course of doing so, a third party witness might think you are creating/destroying energy, whereas you are actually just shifting between universes.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.