COA Blurb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

You know, Tom’s been doing much better than any PR team lately. If he keeps it up, he may have every FoE faction behind him, and maybe even some of the FoG.

You could call it the Forces of Tom, or maybe Forces Apart Ran by Tom.

Tizzy

Only seen The Big Kahuna and All About My Mother.

Will have to put the others on my Netflix DVD queue, it’s pretty long because it takes them so long to get the DVD’s to the Abyss, and then they complain I haven’t returned the last ones–so getting them returned is even harder. It’s relatively easy to get here, hard to get out.

As far as Almodóvar goes, Mujeres al borde de un ataque de “nervios” was his biggest hit down here, it really speaks well to life in the Courts.

And it inspired a drinking sensation: Gazpacho with barbiturates! It does wonders for life down here. Of course, we use a slightly higher ratio of pills compared to the movie…

Tizzy

[quote=Gelcube;7393]You know, Tom’s been doing much better than any PR team lately. If he keeps it up, he may have every FoE faction behind him, and maybe even some of the FoG.

You could call it the Forces of Tom, or maybe Forces Apart Ran by Tom.[/quote]

Or maybe the Forces Of Orcus: FOO!

FOO on You! if you attack us!

Tizzy

Torture is what we demons do!

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;7408]And yes we will see more undead of all types, including those that fled the field of battle, and of course Tizzy’s new dhampire friend. [/quote]

Maybe human + vampire is a terrible combination compared to the other races, but because humans are the overwhelming majority in the vampire troops, they are all in complete denial about this. All the other vampire races are completely clear on this, but any time they bring it up with the human vampires, they just get patronizingly shut down.

EyeDeKay

Dang, that’s really good!

Tizzy

[quote=Rakshasa;7394]

Not to be mean Tizzy, but I’m pretty sure that it’s statements like yours (this one specifically, mind you) that really hurts the FoE PR department. I mean we all realize that you aren’t intending to sound evil or cruel… but it’s pretty easy to twist them into statements that people (I.E non-ascended/descended humans and other mortals) take as threatening or hostile.
    [/quote]

What? I thought ergonomic office furniture was a big plus? You know like these employers who give their peeps “standing desks” and expect them to stand all day long? Or how about those rolly ball things that they make people sit on?

[quote=Rakshasa;7394]
    Most mortals have this weird desire to avoid sensations that cause pain after all.
    [/quote]

But with no pain, there is no gain, yes? I just want people to be gainfully employed!

Tizzy

I have to admit, I am very impressed by their ability to group teleport while singing and dancing.

That requires a lot of skill, even if the teleportation is being done by someone behind the camera, many people experience disorientation immediately after teleporting, but the fellows just keep on groovin.

Betting they are archdemons with that much skill.

Mikey

It’s one of my favourite films about men, women and relationships.

Up there with “Being There”, “The Big Kahuna”, “La Haine”, “Hana-bi” and “Todo sobre mi madre.”

Tizzy

Look what I found on T-A-G’s computer

Tizzy

T-A-G left the room to cook is “frozen pizza”–ick

He forgot to lock his screen, so of course, I had to look around, check his progress.

So Tantor wanted a preliminary blurb for COA and OOA and T-A-G had to send them something.

So I thought I would share it with you. I am thinking it’s a good way to keep pressure on him.

I will post each in their own forum.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [size=6][b]Chronicles of Astlan: Into the Wilds[/b][/size]
    His Holy Highness, Kristof Torson, Imperial Prince of Etonia, youngest son of His Holy Imperial Majesty Rafaestus Torson III, the Holy Etonian Emperor and Imperial Prince of Pontificates led a rather calm, carefree and comfortably pleasant life, secure in the knowledge that as the Seventh in Line to the Holy Etonian Throne, the weight of worry that came with the crown was safely at bay. Unfortunately, as he was soon to discover, his life was about to get a bit more—interesting.

For while Prince Kristof may be a safe seventh in line to the Etonian throne, with both uncles, aunts and cousins ahead of him in line–his father having only lost two of 11 potential heirs—the situation was a bit more pressing on his mother’s side. His mother, his father’s fourth wife, was the daughter of Hugart, Lord Narthan, the defacto ruler of the Wilds of Eton. Lord Narthan had been decidedly less fortunate in terms of heirs, and unlike the Empire, House Narthan’s line of succession was purely patrimonial.

Lord Hugart had previously lost three heirs to unusually unfortunate deaths, and while visiting the installation of his younger sister and her new husband, Hugo, the Duke of Sur Etonia, Kristof learns that his uncle, Chief Filip, the current heir of House Narthan, had just perished in a—not surprisingly for House Narthan—rather grisly manner. This left Prince Kristof third in line to the Nathan throne, behind his cousin and infant nephew; and, unfortunately, due its patrimonial nature, currently the last possible successor.
    Given the rampant mortality on his mother’s side, the likelihood of Kristof becoming Chieftain or even Lord Narthan was now something that had to be planned for. Thus, his grandfather had decided it best for Kristof to come visit the Wilds and learn, “the family business.”
    Unfortunately, “the family business” was not a humorous metaphor, Lord Narthan was quite literally a merchant king. The Wilds of Eton were a vast, untamed region of treacherous swampland filled with all sorts of disagreeable creatures and disreputable individuals. It was the only place on the entire continent of Eton, that the Empire had at no point, before or after the Vargosite Interregnum, seriously attempted to conquer. No emperor had ever found it worth the cost to subdue and then attempt to maintain order.

What made Lord Narthan the defacto Lord of the Wilds was his trading network of walled cities and villages linked by patrolled and dredged trails through the swamps. This network allowed the Narthans to harvest the riches of the swamp for trade across the rest of Astlan via their, heavily armed, merchant navy.

His father and mother had both agreed to Lord Narthan’s, arguably reasonable, request, and thus much to his dismay, Kristof would have to—literally—get his feet wet in the deadly swamps and marshlands that his older siblings liked to refer to as the Wilds of [i]Eaten[/i].

Damn you! now i want to read it even more AND I CANT X.X

Mikey

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uk9IcoQ0w[/youtube]

Tizzy

I’ll let T-A-G know, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.

It may make him feel better about me ransacking his computer to get the blurbs. He’s been in a snit ever since.

Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;7400]I have to admit, I am very impressed by their ability to group teleport while singing and dancing.

That requires a lot of skill, even if the teleportation is being done by someone behind the camera, many people experience disorientation immediately after teleporting, but the fellows just keep on groovin.

Betting they are archdemons with that much skill.

[/quote]

Naw, like many other things, I’m sure it’s practice, practice, practice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.