Beta 1 Status

Welcome To Astlan Forums General Questions Beta 1 Status

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Am I the only one hoping for the scene where Lennamare finally discovers Tom is the Demon Prince Lord Tommus.

Perhaps when Hilda goes back to Freehold she could kindly tell Lenamare she saw his ‘Greater Demon’ while in Nysegard and that he’s a Demon Prince!

ROFL that would be so like Hilda to kindly mention it!

Mikey

I’m hoping to see Tiernon pass the EM to Singkûn, who comes to visit Tommus, who passes EM to Hilda, who goes stabby stabby.

They’ll still have 99 problems, but a lich ain’t one.

Edit: LOL, after having written that I googled it, and…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9tTvIEryo[/youtube]

Iume

[quote=The Author Guy;5076]The plan is that Tom and Lenamare reuinite at the (next) siege of Freehold.

Not sure if that is book 4 or book 5.

[/quote]

What is book 4 about if not the siege of Freehold?

I would say it’s that the them is something like

[quote]
    None of us has a clue as to what the hell we are doing,
    However, we are scared shitless that everyone else does know what they are doing,
    So we are just going to try and fake it and act like we know what we are doing,
    And our biggest terror is others finding out that we are faking it.
    [/quote]

I call this “growing up”

When I was a kid, I thought adults, all adults, not just my parents but all these people in suits or hardhats or fancy dresses were grown ups with answers.
    I thought they had it figured out, that they knew what they were doing.
    I was sure that someday, when I was an adult (and I kept trying to set an age for that, 18, 25, 30, 35,40,50,60,70,90…) I would have things figured out.
    Instead, I found myself continually having to “fake it” because I didn’t know, did not have the answers. “The right thing to do” never just mysteriously appeared to me.

The closest thing I ever got to “the answers” was when I realized that no one “had the answers” and that everyone is “faking it” or feels like they are faking it and putting on public face that masks their own internal insecurities.

I think you really realize this when your own parents get old and you finally figure out that they are just people, like you, who make mistakes, who look to you for answers as equals and eventually as the person who “knows”

Mikey

[quote=Iume;5088]
    What is book 4 about if not the siege of Freehold?
    [/quote]
    Politics and power?

EyeDeKay

[quote=Mikey;5103][quote=The Author Guy;5099]I haven’t had time to watch the whole video yet, but is he the guy that does the “Give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from 100% pears” bit? Mainly just about his taking a wee.

I remember that pears bit from several years back…very funny.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s the same fellow we discussed on the Amazon boards, and you did mention that the topic of “pearie” was close to your heart.

Too bad the Amazon boards don’t have a search functionality, nor do they allow Google to index them.[/quote]

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?list=WL&v=Xd4FfNpYxF0

Ok,

Lots of heavy stuff going on. Currently I am at 252,000 words. I suspect Beta 1 will come out at about 260,000 to 265,000 words.

Which obviously means I won’t be releasing it today, Friday. But I do hope to have it out Sunday evening

There is going to be a LOT to chew on, scenes people have been waiting for, and scenes you might not be expecting.

Good news: The D’Orcs and demons are on the field of battle with the avatars of Tiernon, side by side against the storm lords.

Yes, you did hear me, Tom, Talarius and Hilda all fighting together (or at least on the same battlefield–and yes, they have all met and was it ever uncomfortable for many of them)

T-A-G

EyeDeKay

Ok so just finished re-reading bk1 and the fight between Tom and Talarius, and the point I want to bring up is about Tom possessing the Rod members.

He essentially sent enough mana and animus to put an image into a third of their minds roughly saying “Talarius evil shoot with bows and fight with other soldiers who try to subdue you.

Anyways long point shortened is that a way for Lord Tommas to help the D’Orcs fight harder than by themselves?

They have enough fighting skill. A “rage” mode could turn the tide of battle.

LCSpartan051

GRRRR. Warn us about the SPOILERS!!!! But I’m glad progress is being made on the book.

Mikey

Are there perhaps some unexpected people on the battlefield, waiting for a wakeup call?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pII49Kn14Q8[/youtube]

[quote=LCSpartan051;5020]GRRRR. Warn us about the SPOILERS!!!! But I’m glad progress is being made on the book.[/quote]

Sorry! Thought that people knew that was coming…

[quote=Mikey;5029]Are there perhaps some unexpected people on the battlefield, waiting for a wakeup call?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pII49Kn14Q8[/youtube][/quote]

Well, the people most likely to have chest pains can’t have chest pains, at least not from their hearts, they can, however, have phylactery pains.

Mikey

[quote=Ben;5057]Am I the only one hoping for the scene where Lennamare finally discovers Tom is the Demon Prince Lord Tommus.[/quote]
    How about Lenamare’s extra A-bomb he handed off to Jenn under the guise of some instruments? Think it has a god trigger? Were Jenn and Gastrope wily enough to stick it in Lenamare’s laundry basket?

ROFL

Now, I am going to have to watch their web series!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.