Alpha-1 exador Ramses and the undead

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha-1 exador Ramses and the undead

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Ben

[quote=Tizzy;4418][quote=Korwin;4404][quote=EyeDeKay;4383]Read a different series with demons that had a slightly similar classification. [/quote]
    Name of the series? Please.

[/quote]

Indeed! I was so distracted by the fact that EyeDeKay takes hirself apart every night at bed time that I completely missed the part about another demon classification system.

I am always looking for an upgrade. Maybe I can be a Major Demon in their system!

[/quote]

Or you could even be a Demon Prince pretending to be a Fiend!!!!!

GameGraphix

[quote=Korwin;4592]Regarding, what we expect. I expect an release of the Kraken in Nysegard in the middle of the undead armies.[/quote]

I second the Kraken idea…..this also shows that Tom and Co. are willing to release prisoners from Tartarus….should give all the players that are aware of the Tartarus setup the willies….they can then get paranoid about who he may release next – they will all think it’s part of Orcus’s revenge plan

Actually I was addressing that this afternoon in yet another rewrite on the Torean and Tiernon discussions.

We don’t, they don’t, yet know. But when people find out, it will be pretty clear cut cut. You will definitely want to check out the new version of the discussions.

There are a number of “curses” that influence behavior, these typically fall under Enchantment, although in some cases Sorcery.

We are talking things that influence emotions, reactions. They (they are individual spells) inspire Fear, Greed, Envy, Lust, every deadly sin there is.

Minor versions of these, are often in potion form. Love potions, courage potions, etc.

Pieces of jewelry are often used for more permanent effects. Crowns can be imbued with spells that cause admiration, loyalty, fealty to those viewing the wearer of the crown.

The “corruption” isn’t necessarily permanent, in fact as we are seeing, once the dagger is gone, people revert to normal.

Korwin

[quote=EyeDeKay;4612]That also gives Tom and the other wardens time to practice putting a prisoner back. [/quote]I’m more thinking about new prisoners. Say one named Lillith… (not in this book, but the practice would be useful for later.)

Thanks, will take a look.

No time to fully read.

Motto: If you have time to read, you have time to write.

Gotta say this motto is really seriously hitting my (reading) book count (which has been limited ever since I go to the “real” world, as is/was)

In my glory days (jr/sr high school) it was a book a day (budget-arally) I did quite a bit of re-reading. In college it was book/month grad school book/quarter (although I blame my re-acquired comic book addiction to 50% of that) in real world 1 to 2 books/year (unforgivable, but when you know the ending after 2 chapters…hell)

Actually that “Know the ending thing” has always driven DoA. I think we all know the “base picture” but the roadmap is seriously screwy, or so I hope. And I don’t promise the ending we all expect.

But no, Tom is not going to ditch everything and blah blah blalh…no panic, I am not that much of anarchist.

I do expect people to be able to build an end game. I just don’t want it to be a easy as some (many) books make it.

Mikey

[quote=The Author Guy;4666]Loyola University[/quote]

Used to know a lawyer called Kate from that area, but she passed away twelve years ago. I miss her.

She had problems with metaphysics and hell when her cancer got terminal.

Got terrible hell dreams, even though she was an atheist in daylight.

We fought fire with fire – scary stories about death and the afterlife with less scary stories about death and the afterlife, like Kim Stanley Robinson’s “The Years of Rice and Salt”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Years_of_Rice_and_Salt

Imagine my surprise when it worked.

You may imagine that you’re just writing for fun, but somewhere out there might be someone who gets something from your books you didn’t know you put in there.

Let’s just hope that it’s something positive, and that it’s not YOUR book that’s found in the clocktower beside the rifle and the dead guy.

Mikey

So Talarius’ struggle with his own nature is now rooted in both the removal of the dagger’s effect, as well as the introduction of the concept of consequentialist ethics to someone so rooted in deontological thinking.

Which is essentially the difference in outlook between the Astlanian and Nysegardian church organizations.

EyeDeKay

Yup sorry I went back to book 1 to re-read the demon classification. Read a different series with demons that had a slightly similar classification. well on wards to more reading I guess.
    Gonna not post a “mistake” without re reading book 1 and 2 completely. Well rest in piece sleep.

Tizzy

[quote=EyeDeKay;4383] Well rest in piece sleep.[/quote]

So you disassemble yourself before going to bed? If you are in pieces, how do you reassemble yourself? I am guessing you can animate your detached limbs like some zombies and such.

I really do not understand human behavior. I was just emailing with Azrealomega who had to “get back to work” painting his newborn baby….and wishing they had self-applying paint.

EyeDeKay
    EyeDeKay

Says on page thirty five they talk about the “trap” and show them the scrying of the battle. They talk about the demons that were summoned and it says

“Three fiends, type 2 demons suddenly appear”
    I thought it was Estrebrius, boggy, and tizzy.
    Not one hundred percent sure but I don’t think they were all type 3.

Never mind, just went to re-read that part of HH, said they are “three fiends” however type 2 demons is still a mistake.

Gelcube

No, fiends are Class II demons. Major Demons are Class III.

Ben

[quote=EyeDeKay;4373]Says on page thirty five they talk about the “trap” and show them the scrying of the battle. They talk about the demons that were summoned and it says

“Three fiends, type 2 demons suddenly appear”
    I thought it was Estrebrius, boggy, and tizzy.
    Not one hundred percent sure but I don’t think they were all type 3.

Never mind, just went to re-read that part of HH, said they are “three fiends” however type 2 demons is still a mistake.[/quote]

1st Order = Minor Demons (Imps/Sprites/Shadows)
    2nd Order = Lesser Demons (Fiends)
    3rd Order = Major Demon (imcluding Incubi and Sucubi)
    4th Order = Greater Demon (including Greater Shadow like morthrador)
    5th Order = Arch Demon
    6th Order = Demon Prince

Korwin

[quote=EyeDeKay;4383]Read a different series with demons that had a slightly similar classification. [/quote]

Tizzy

[quote=Korwin;4404][quote=EyeDeKay;4383]Read a different series with demons that had a slightly similar classification. [/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed! I was so distracted by the fact that EyeDeKay takes hirself apart every night at bed time that I completely missed the part about another demon classification system.

I am always looking for an upgrade. Maybe I can be a Major Demon in their system!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.