Alpha 1 – 131

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha 1 – 131

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Iume

Chapter 131 is the last we see of Danyel. His mistress is gone to Nysegard and the mortals forces on Astlan know that Hilda is going to Nysegard. So why didn’t Danyel follow (no mention of him having followed in the scene at the Citadel of Light) and what did Hilda order him to do?

Is this something covered in the missing 20% or was he just forgotten?

We have this piece of dialogue: [i]We were smoking demon weed and complaining about the gods locking up everyone they didn’t like; so we came up with this half-baked idea to build a prison to lock up the gods.[/i]

If the gods were already locking other gods up then why did they need Tartarus and why would Net be anymore worried about Orcus locking gods up if other gods were already doing it?

[quote=Skaar;4400]You could also call them the voice. Example (I am Tal Gor the voice of Tommus) and for a group of people they could be called the voices of Tommus. Or the voices of Doom.[/quote]

One could also use Prophet…Thinking to just stick with Shaman for Tal Gor for simplicity. The reason for Tal Gor (vs others) is that he is unsure of himself and feels unworthy, so he would be pretty conservative in how he describes himself.

[quote=Iume;4413]Chapter 131 is the last we see of Danyel. His mistress is gone to Nysegard and the mortals forces on Astlan know that Hilda is going to Nysegard. So why didn’t Danyel follow (no mention of him having followed in the scene at the Citadel of Light) and what did Hilda order him to do?

Is this something covered in the missing 20% or was he just forgotten?[/quote]

Not forgotten but being mortal, he can’t jump to Tierhallon and then to Murgatroy, which is basically what Hilda etal are doing. If I can get him to Murgatroy/Fort Murgatroid he can go through the portal of course, but there is no portal between Freehold and Fort Murgatroid

But you are right; if she is “leaving town” for an extended period, as she tells everyone, she would certainly take her servant with her and not leave him staying in a hotel (which is what she was doing).

Will need to figure out something so he doesn’t appear to be dangling. Particularly since the Rod will be moving into the city and are likely to find him unless he lives like a hermit in the Inn. Which, with an expense account, he probably could do just fine… :d/

[quote=Iume;4413]
    We have this piece of dialogue: [i]We were smoking demon weed and complaining about the gods locking up everyone they didn’t like; so we came up with this half-baked idea to build a prison to lock up the gods.[/i]

If the gods were already locking other gods up then why did they need Tartarus and why would Net be anymore worried about Orcus locking gods up if other gods were already doing it?[/quote]

If the government has prisons of its own, why does it outsource to private prisons? [Greed/Corruption/Laziness are the real answer, but I digress]

The gods have no real interest in dealing with this, they just want their “big problems” the ones they can’t just “kill” to be taken off their hands. To “go away” If you have an immortal terrorist, designing, constructing and manning a prison for them (they are all unique) is very very time consuming, expensive and risky. So unless you are doing it a lot it’s not particularly worth the hassle.

So the sales pitch to them was “let us deal with your unmanageable problems” You all have a few of these types, why not pool resources and share the burden?

etc etc.

If I were cynical, I would argue that numerous governments (particularly less reputable ones) have used the US to “disappear” some problems they did not want/could not to deal with themselves.

Iume

Hm, Phophet does draw interesting parallels with Tiernon’s naming style. Not sure how other gods would react to Orcus stepping up the godhood game.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.