2 quick question for TAG

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading 2 quick question for TAG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Someone was wondering why Tizzy doesn’t like Reggie. Your theory would answer that.

Maybe it’s because he’s afraid that Reggie will recognize him as the guy in the dark, dark alley in Manhattan that sold him the joints? Reggie might out him as the drug dealer?

Assuming of course, that he is responsible for the demon weed that Tom smoked.

Well, this is an interesting question.

They are no different than anyone else in the Abyss. They would need to Phoenix cycle as well since they are immortal.

The presumption is that demons power up and that by the time they reach an age they need to Phoenix Cycle (however old that is, say 50 to 100,000 years) they are presumably either an Arch Demon or Demon Prince or done for.

And that is a big unanswered, and for that matter, unasked question in the Abyss.

All the lower level demons (not D’Orcs) we have run into are relatively young, a few thousand years at most.

Exador and Ramses are both less than 4,000 years old, yet are archdemons (however, they presumably came in at a pretty high level to begin with)

So the question that is not asked is “shouldn’t there be a surplus of really old demon princes and archdemons?” I mean, conservatively in just the span of Doom there should have been a lot of sprites growing up to be archdemons and demon princes. At the very least a lot of greater demons.

Where are they?

The best example we have is Tizzy, who is, presumably over 72,000 years old, since Vosh Anon was D’Orc’d 72,467 years ago. I think one could guess he’d have been at least 73,000 if not older…

But he’s still a Fiend, hasn’t progressed, and hasn’t Phoenixed.

Of course, that may explain his mental state, if you hadn’t slept in 73,000 years, you’d probably be a bit wacky too.

So one question is “how long do immortals go between Phoenixing?” or “how long can they go?”

Obviously it varies, but I am thinking that 100K or so is probably the limit. Maybe a couple hundred K.

And that’s where things get unfathomable. If a being lives for 1 million years, that is still only 1/13,000 the time of Earth’s Universe…the multiverse is much much older, if not infinite. Again, time is actually only something that applies to the material planes so saying the multiverse is older does not make a lot of sense.

So yes there are some serious questions here and I think the real answer is that none of the characters really know all of the answers. They have opinions but that is about it. Now, if and when, we get to the story of the Magineers who became gods…we might get a better clue, but for now we mainly have speculation on so much of this.

first what was the cold spell talked about here

chapter 137 DoomSpa: Minutes Later

“No, she got in a few captives from Doom’s Redoubt. I know one guy, who chose
    to flee to the hinterlands after the cold spell, he was captured in one of our raids and she
    tortured him for a solid two decades before she got bored and tossed him out on the
    slopes of Mount Doom to drag his seriously broken body back to the Redoubt.” Talgorf
    said. “He spoke of her often for the next six or seven hundred years. You don’t forget
    someone with her expertise.”

also

why did Orcus not use the abyss for extreme physical training for his mortal followers?

there were a bunch of people from nysegard following him.

getting beaten up for a few months would increase their skills pretty quickly without them dying from the training.

Tizzy

A lot of this is what Tom needs to figure out.

1) What was it that Orcus and Tartarvardenennead were really up to.?
    2) What exactly was Orcus role in the multiverse? And what will his be?

Things that are not yet questions for Tom but will be:

3) Why did Net/Storm Lords/Lilith/Sentir Fallon all join up to kill Orcus? (This will start to become clearer to the readers in alpha 1 and in this book)
    4) Who is the Dark Apostle? And who is this god of his? (see alpha 1) How does that god play into things? I.e. who is the other player in the Net/Storm Lords/Lilith/Sentir Fallon group?
    5) How does Exador fit into all of this? Ramses? Bess?
    6) How do the Lords of Chaos fit into this? What exactly is Lilith’s relationship with them?

Upcoming question for Talarius and Tom

7) What caused the corruption of the Church in Astlan?
    8) Why did they try to exterminate the Nyjyr Ennead?

The answers to all the “upcoming” questions are related.

We will not get answers to these in this book, we will simply start asking the questions.

Tizzy

Oh yeah…. And one more question–>

What is in that stupid book and why does everyone want it?

scweeb

Not sure if this is the intention or not but from what I read Gods /Orcus really are the same thing. As in like you stated Orcus wanted to level the playing field so he create mount doom which gave him a “god pool” he then was able to create avatars like the gods do.

Also I am really looking forward to what Tizzy’s true role in this whole game is. Cause I have a feeling he is either A) way more powerful and is just pretending to be this lower demon who has a great seat in all the action. or B) is the follower of the first Demon prince is what I believe you called him whos true name would be in the book that Jen has.

A lot of this is what Tom needs to figure out.

1) What was it that Orcus and Tartarvardenennead were really up to.?
    2) What exactly was Orcus role in the multiverse? And what will his be?

Things that are not yet questions for Tom but will be:

3) Why did Net/Storm Lords/Lilith/Sentir Fallon all join up to kill Orcus? (This will start to become clearer to the readers in alpha 1 and in this book)
    4) Who is the Dark Apostle? And who is this god of his? (see alpha 1) How does that god play into things? I.e. who is the other player in the Net/Storm Lords/Lilith/Sentir Fallon group?
    5) How does Exador fit into all of this? Ramses? Bess?
    6) How do the Lords of Chaos fit into this? What exactly is Lilith’s relationship with them?

Upcoming question for Talarius and Tom

7) What caused the corruption of the Church in Astlan?
    8) Why did they try to exterminate the Nyjyr Ennead?

The answers to all the “upcoming” questions are related.

We will not get answers to these in this book, we will simply start asking the questions.

Oh yeah…. And one more question–>

What is in that stupid book and why does everyone want it?

And the new post shows The Author Guy…what the????

Might need some sentence editing there, it does look confusing now that you point it out.

He’s talking about a demon who took Tom up on his offer to flee to the Hinterlands/leave rather than swear allegiance. The cold spell was the big freeze that Tom did to kill the KoC.

He may very well have done that, you know special forces training and such. There is the problem of not being able to breath safely most places in the Abyss of course but…Vaselle is working on that with his cold amulets, presumably they could have had something like those in the past.

But one thing to remember is that “back in the day” the orcs were generally much tougher/more war like, at least than what we see in Astlan today. At various times on various worlds, the orcs were at perpetual war, like in Warcraft and WarHammer. Just not now, at least not in most of the localverse.

They actually are doing much better in the universe where Trig Bioblast lives. They have a large interstellar empire that they have to defend from various enemies, including the Alfar, and many other races. They have lots of nasty worlds.

EyeDeKay

Can’t remember if it was ever brought up, but the whole “immortal” in the abyss only works for the body. For the higher level being they have the whole “Phoenix cycle” to get their mental fortitude, but what about the normal demon who hasn’t died but was tortured by lilith or one of the other higher ups. Does their regeneration affect the mind as well?

this is really weird, starting with this post, the forum started showing my username rather than my DisplayName on everything.

I went in and turned “Use Displaynames” off, saved, turned it back on and saved.

Everywhere else seemed to go back to Displayname except this one post. or I think the one post.

Not that I mind showing my username, but I do The Author Guy to be clear that I am me….

lol

about the name.

if tizzy is 73000+ years old.
    how old was Orcus when he died?

also for the first question yep that was my problem with it.

i read it as he got captured during the cold spell tortured for two decades. then talked about it for the next 6-7 centuries.

rereading it a day after i posted it made a bit more sense to me.

Ben

[quote=The Author Guy;4273]The best example we have is Tizzy, who is, presumably over 72,000 years old, since Vosh Anon was D’Orc’d 72,467 years ago. I think one could guess he’d have been at least 73,000 if not older…

But he’s still a Fiend, hasn’t progressed, and hasn’t Phoenixed.[/quote]

Yes but is Tizzy really just a Fiend? We’re told a God is necessary for a prophecy to come to pass and we know Tizzy is involved with the Orcus Prophecy!?!?!

In Alpha 0 there is only 1 mention of the Dark Apostle

Alpha 1 goes into more details.

The Dark Apostle is toast/gone/eaten about 1,000 years ago by a runaway Cloud of Disintegration….

The DA was a Storm Lord that was involved in killing Orcus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.