Who can be a beta demon?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Demon FAQ Who can be a beta demon?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Super, I see you clicked the link. You are listed, you should be able to now see The Heavenly Host Forum above the FAQ forum.

I still haven’t sent out the final reminder call.

I am being delayed by Oorstemothian and another equally complicated dialogue (new group) near the ‘finale’

Very close…just certain people take a lot longer to write dialogue for than others.

smw

Stop asking to be a beta demon. TAG has already shown you the door. You must walk through it:

[url=http://www.astlan.net/Default.aspx?rsvp=DoAHHBetaDemon&portalid=9]here[/url]

DISCLAIMER: That door happens to also be a gate to hell. Sure it will get you an alternative version of Heavenly Host sooner, but is it worth your soul?

JMX

Hmm I tried both links I am not seeing a heavenly host forum but it might be my ipotato problems.

Maybe if I roar real loud it might work?

Edit: I have fat fingers 🙁

You are in the group. So you don’t need to click any more.

Have you done logout and then logged back in?

You should go to Forums on the top, and then as you look down the list you should see categories and in the Category called “Beta Demons Only” there are two forums in that category “The Heavenly Host” and “Beta Demon FAQ”

Everyone can/should be able to see “Beta Demon FAQ” only people that have followed the link will be able to see “The Heavenly Host”

The thing is, the registration is part of the overall system, where as the forums are all part of an independent module. It is supposed to be pulling information on membership from the “system” but it might be having issues, or I might not have set it up right.

I will also try with a test account this afternoon.

Jonnyboi

[color=darkred]I wish to be a beta demon, Jonny boi[/color]

–Time issue

Yes, I had Wylan try it. He was not in the beta program and he joined and couldn’t see it for a while.

He got into the site’s security group, but apparently the forum software only syncs profiles (it has it’s own user system) so often, like every X minutes probably 30 or 60.

I think it is a time issue. I had Wylan try. He got in, I could see him in the main site as being in the group. But at first he wasn’t in the Forum’s group.

The forum module has its own users/profiles which it synchronizes with the site. My guess is that this only happens every so often.

Before I release the beta, I will make sure that everyone that is in the site group is in the forum group and can see it.

I will go through now and make sure, but I think everyone that is good.

NocandlE

Outstanding! Have been waiting patiently for the beta program.

Davids

So want to be beta reader but link only takes me to the main page

Hi,

That’s what it does…impressive? No.

You click and the “site” puts you in that group and some bit later the forum software resyncs with the site and voila the forums show up.

You are in that intersync region right now. Tells me the synch is at last 2 hours…

I’m going to force you in the forum copy of the group. Ding. Done.

You should be good to go.

T-A-G

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.