When will then next Doomalogue turn on?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading When will then next Doomalogue turn on?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Iume

Etterdam is currently under the control of the alvarian forces. Would there even be D’Orcs there?

Giwdul
    Giwdul

The Doomalogue of Nysegard(DON) came on at DOA+5.
    We are now at DOA+18 and haven’t heard a peep about the next one getting ready to come online. The DON started charging right after the battle. Shouldn’t the next one have then started coming up? Even if there was a delay of a few days for the pools to recharge after booting up the DON shouldn’t the next one be powering up by now?

Mikey

Aren’t there D’Orc forces on Etterdam on a recon mission near the doomalogue mountain there? Search for “Nart”.

GameGraphix

[quote=Giwdul;5028]The Doomalogue of Nysegard(DON) came on at DOA+5.
    We are now at DOA+18 and haven’t heard a peep about the next one getting ready to come online. The DON started charging right after the battle. Shouldn’t the next one have then started coming up? Even if there was a delay of a few days for the pools to recharge after booting up the DON shouldn’t the next one be powering up by now?[/quote]

I think that Mount Doom got a big boost from the fight in the Abyss when the Chaos Knights were absorbed. Since the DON came online – no big boosts of energy to ‘help’ things along.

Good point; I need to have Tom etal talk about what they are doing.

They are currently looking to charge Astlan, Ithgar, Etterdam and Romdan because that’s where the parties are. So they are split charging–however, Etterdam’s is not charging like it should, because Lilith broke it.

So things are going slower since they are splitting the charging.

However, one big problem they have is that they do not necessarily have enough D’Orcs to man these Doomalogues–unless they find some at the Doomalogues.

And that’s another thing I need to include in Beta 1!

The Etterdam D’Orcs were all forced back to Doom. They would not have been permanently killed.

Actually, that’s another problem to consider. From Beta 1, and common sense, we know that the D’Orcs can choose to return to the Abyss and Mount Doom because they are anchored there. So shouldn’t the D’Orcs at all the 666 Dooms have returned, unless they had a reason to stay there?

Lots of issues here.

Exactly why I need to have them all go back to Doom (retroactively)

[SPOILER]The alfar have set up a temple to Net on the Doomalogue. There is going to be a fight to turn it on.[/SPOILER]

EyeDeKay

Yeah there was this whole conversation between the shamans talking about not going there immediately, but to train the orcs to fight on D’Warg back.

Plus the D’Orcs need training to look out for alfar traps like in the Tal Gor fight scene.

Yep.

Iume

This is one of the things that is now bothering me for Apostles of Doom. Basically you have all of these different fights happening at roughly the same time. What sort of conflicts are happening before the end of the book? I hope Beta 1 and the ending won’t just be an easy but dramatic cakewalk in hindsight.

Giwdul

Split charging huh? That makes sense. I figured there was a reason for the delay, just didn’t know what it was.

I am guessing we won’t see those Doomalogues coming online until Book 4 right?

[quote]Actually, that’s another problem to consider. From Beta 1, and common sense, we know that the D’Orcs can choose to return to the Abyss and Mount Doom because they are anchored there. So shouldn’t the D’Orcs at all the 666 Dooms have returned, unless they had a reason to stay there?[/quote]
    I did wonder about all those other D’Orcs at one point but I figured that there was some kind of general fallback to Mt. Doom at some point early on and they just all stayed there. Now that you mention it, I am interested to know how that worked out exactly.

[quote=Iume;5059]This is one of the things that is now bothering me for Apostles of Doom. Basically you have all of these different fights happening at roughly the same time. What sort of conflicts are happening before the end of the book? I hope Beta 1 and the ending won’t just be an easy but dramatic cakewalk in hindsight.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s something I’m dealing with today….but cakewalk or not, the real drama isn’t so much in the battle, but in the lead up to the battle and in terms of various revelations/recognitions. As I have said, the plot hits a major turning point at the end of this book. That battle is simply the catalyst for a hard left/right turn to the next phase of the story.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.