Tizzy vs. Watson

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Heavenly Host Tizzy vs. Watson

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mikey
    Tizzy

thinking it made things worse…damn gremlins.

Got a weird error message after posting.

There are a lot of solutions that work…but few that integrate directly into this site easily.

It’s a trade off. This is an open source .net forum (standalone even) integrated into an open source cms; so yes there are bugs…

I have multiple stacks worth of various variants of popular things, but there is also the question of the time to migrate everything to a new platform, particularly ones I don’t know well.

For example, much of them are php; I haven’t used php since the late nineties, and have never been a fan of it. And to be honest, I haven’t done a heck of a lot of *nix development and minimal systems since the advent of Windows NT. Prior to that I was all *nix and VMS. But I started working in MS based business environments; smaller shops that preferred windows to *nix.

Anyway a hosted solution is unlikely to integrate well. And trying to keep themes and look/feel consistent across platforms is a ton of work.

And it’s not just this site, I have multiple sites all of which would have to be migrated otherwise I am maintaining too many platforms.

Mikey

The email has the correct domain, but the last link I got was still broken. You did post two messages after that, I see, but I received no email regarding them.

I’m sure that my architect’s perspective is both foolish and unrefined, but off-the-shelf solutions such as http://www.discourse.org/ combined to Google / Facebook authentication and authorization might possibly require less custom work and tuning.

Tizzy

Nope!

Maybe good.

Tizzy

This is a dekludge of the spell I used to battle the gremlins when I thought it was the other thing. Did I rebreak it?

Tizzy

Tricky gremlins, their error message was completely pointing in the wrong direction from the problem.

Tizzy

trying this again see if the gremlin bomb goes off

Tizzy

or maybe not.

Tizzy

Nother kudge to temporarily fix the gremlin’s attack.

Tizzy

Hoping that fixed it, seems there is a bug in the sql code; he knew that when creating, but thought he’d kludged around it.

Tizzy

Ack, Ack.

That’s because he added another forum for his business and it confuses the crap out of the forum software.

Thanks

Mikey

Hey Tizzy, if you happen to bump into T-A-G, please mention that forum notification email links point to his business domain, not astlan.net.

Tizzy

Will this Watson tool spam me?

I am hoping so!

I love spam, it’s delicious and nutritious.

Pretty sure it’s made from pink food coloring and Soylent Green!

And everyone knows how delectable Soylent Green is. It’s secret ingredient is one of my favorite foods!

Although I’ve noticed these commercials on TV for this nutritional shake called [url=https://www.soylent.com/]”Soylent”[/url]

Seriously? Did the people who started this brain damaged company never hear of Charlton Heston?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/9IKVj4l5GU4[/YOUTUBE]

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3513]Why is he saying I need love?[/quote]

It’s a sales tool, meant to answer the question of what products to try to sell to you, and how.

Bakery supplies, for example, are a classic love product, which is why they are so often marketed by images which D’Customers perceive as typical objects of affection.

Your standard enriched butter is often sold to D’Consumers who value stimulation and harmony.

Since you are likely to imminently recommend certain strategic magical purchases to your friends, it’s worth it to subject you to brand and product line marketing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.