Time Travel

Welcome To Astlan Forums Astlan-General Time Travel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

I don’t know, I’d be careful if I were you Jello Duck…the multiiverse is a harsh mistress.

Nice multiverse…good multiverse…wise and benevolent multiverese…

Korwin

I dislike it

Korwin

[quote=Tizzy;7912]

Same problem with time travel actually, that’s why there are strict rules for using time travel with the World Gates.

[/quote]

I hope those rules are really, really strict.

In general I dislike time travel in books, because it is most often done badly and looks like the author did write himself into an corner.

The only exception are (for me):
    – The book is all about time travel
    – If it’s in the mind of the author from the beginning and he uses it in an consistent way.

Like I would not be surprised if the resurrection of Orcus would invole time travel (like starting the phoenix cycle, before Orcus got consumed by the Antimus).

I just hope, it does stay in the Background and does not get to much on screen time.

Other opinions?

Korwin

Hmm, another aceptable use of time travel would be, if someone brought back the future books for me to read…

Tizzy

I am sure T-A-G will want to borrow those from you.

Which, I suspect, my create some sort of temporal anomaly or possibly a paradox.

Could be fun to see what happens to your world. :d/

HouseMimic

I would prefer if you stay as far away from Timetravel as possible. Any Civilization that does practice Timetravel (the people who build the BOOM-Tunnels or the Timelords) seems to get annihilated only leaving behind ruins and traveling Survivors. This indicates that either timetravel generates a massive amount of Entropy or someone very powerful (Lords of Order/Chaos) dislikes it and destroys every assembly of more than 5 Timetravelers.

Tizzy

Exactly, no matter how much better you think you can make the world, “Do-Overs” just cause more problems than they solve.

Never seen it work well. Always a bad thing. [thumbdn]

Gelcube

Eh, screw causality. If the Multiverse doesn’t want you to go back and become your own grandpa, then it can just turn you into a du…

Gelcube

QUACK!

QUACK, QUACK!

QUACK QUACK, QUACKQUACK.

Tizzy

CC: WH[woot] Always[love]U!

Whitney Houston (arch-demoness–obviously), we have a problem.

My universal (why isn’t it multiversal?) translator is not working, is it because of Earth tech?

Jelloduck sounds, like a duck, and I don’t mean Donald!

Is this a translator glitch or his GelCube “Quacking Up?”

Gelcube

QUACKQUACK, QUACKquack quack, qu…and the multiverse can suck my…wait, I’m back. Nevermind!

Just a little glitch in the multiversal matrix, I’m sure. I doubt it’s the multiverse itself out to get me. I’m not paranoid.

It’s not paranoia if the multiverse really IS out to get you.

but I’m not worried, no sirree. Nope, not at all.

Nope.

Tizzy

Sorry for the late reply, I was investigating some of the things we were discussing on a local World Gate and running some tests, accidentally tripped and it’s now 3 days in the future.

Kind of scared to go back that closely in my own timeline, so just gone leave those days as “MIA”

Glad to hear you are returned to normal!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.