Theory Crafting

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Theory Crafting

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Maou

Thank you for your recommendation, I will look into it.

Korwin

[quote=Korwin;686][quote=Maou;684]It might even allow somebody savvy enough to realize they could possibly some multiple variants of their soul to empower themselves giving them more energy as they collapsed in themselves.

Just a theory mind you as two souls that were identical at their creation should be able to merge without incident and would likely have a positive effect. [/quote]

Did you read “Deja Vu Ascendancy”?[/quote]

[quote=Maou;693]No, [/quote]

Well I liked it (but its long, longer than ‘Into The Abyss’ by far) and the doubling up (multiple times) happens there like you described.
    It’s not an book, but an Web-Story you could google it, if you are interested.

Korwin

So, lets asume an Demon will want to become an God.

He gets to an high tech world where there is
    1. cloning technology
    2. mind download and/or artificial personalities for the clone bodies
    3. steal it

If there is only the possibility of mind downloads from existing minds, then he would need to brainwash someone to be his first disciple and then download his mind into the clones.

He [u][i]might [/i][/u]need to import his clones into an mana rich environment, but looking at the imported building thats seems doable – over time…

Tizzy

Hmmm

Seems like there should be easier ways to do this.

For one thing, I’m not sure, will have to ask Lenamare, but I think there is a wizard “Clone” spell. It’s very difficult, up there with those youth spells and such. Probably higher. Of course, you’d need to wait for the clones to grow up. You could age them magically of course using a SORAS spell, however they’d still have the minds of baby clones. Not sure why there aren’t a bunch of youngsters on Soap Operas wearing diapers and sucking on their thumbs, now that I think of it.

It is probably necromatic though. Maybe thaumaturgic, in case Trisfelt would be better, but he’s not online. :-s

Rosver

Why don’t they make a magical device that gathers mana from its surrounding and then send it to its maker? This kind of thing is something Runic magic seems to be capable of doing. A device like that would have been easier and less hassle to use that clones.

Rosver

@Maou:

Aren’t we talking demons, not humans. Read Korwin’s post.

And how do you know those stuff by the way. i always find myself beffudled by your statements and apparent knowledge.

Tizzy

Actually, see the fourm posts on Mana Pools.

Eventually, the author guy will post the stuff on mana pools, he’s pulled it off some old Zip drives where it had been stranded for the last decade plus.

There are definitely ways to store mana, wizards do it all the time to power magical devices. A good percentage of jewelry that wizards wear are actually simply mana pools rather than traditional “Zap!” magic items. They are reserves to hold mana beyond what they personally have, and they can tap it via their wizard links to the pools.

And there are mana wheels that can suck mana out of the environment. But yes, those do require animus infusions to work.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.