Talarius and “The knife”

Welcome To Astlan Forums General Questions Talarius and “The knife”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

For alpha at least sticking to PDF and epub in zip. However, I now have changed how you tell what is new and a diff document.

Might go word for Beta, which will be next release.

EyeDeKay

So we know Tal, as I call him, has the dagger that killed Orcus and can kill any animus polarized being correct? So he has had this butter knife for a while obviously. From what his wife? Melissance said he was nasty and didn’t think about how dishonorable his actions when she was ghoulified. Is that a word? Anyway I’m re-reading bk1 and am 60% through and making mental notes and physical what Tal has done with and without EM. I don’t know if the stories people who knew Tal before bk1 starts and they tell other people are before or after the knife though. So unless we find out in a future book or side story or something, all his past missions are considered EMed :).

Just remembered Talalrius got the knife when he became head knight rampant of Tiernon in astlan. That’s when he got it right? If no one remembers don’t worry about it i’ll get there in bk2 when sentir fallon probably mentions it.

So main the reason for this post is a quotes by barbarus in bk1 saying things like “[b]he fought two demons in his underwear and two daggers[/b]” or “[b]there was very little he considered overwhelming odds[/b]” or “[b]he’d blindly lead men into battle and emerge unscathed but alone[/b]” or “[b]a man to good to be true, barbarus thought, almost not human.[/b]” My favorite one and what seems like foreshadowing for The Inferno is “[b]Talarius was a natural leader; men would literally follow him to the abyss and back. Unfortunately the only one who would make it back would be Talarius.[/b]”

Now are these a result of him being a natural bad a ass and/or the cap ton of magical stuff in and under his armour. Or, and what I think is most likely, has The Butter Knife™ changed and warped him into this person.

Will update more funny quotes of bk1 that are my favorite after I’m done re-reading. I’ll share my favorite so far. Little corny but I Loled for 5 minutes waiting for my teacher to come one and had people looking at me funny. Anyways boggy starts with,

” “. . . by the way Tom, just how old were you, before you got captured, I mean how old are you now?” Boggy asked as the thought just hit him. “Sixteen. why?” “Sixteen! Notorious Dame’s skirts you could almost be British what with your stiff upper lip and all. Right ho! Taking it like a man!” [b]”Or de-man” Tizzy exclaimed.[/b]”

EyeDeKay

When I talk about things like foreshadowing I don’t actually want answers mostly cause I want to read them in the book lol. Just getting my kinda mental list of Talarius and most of his actions. Sense we don’t actually get time frames for when these things happen and if it is before or after, The Bitter Knife™- “I can’t believe it can cut more than butter”, I pretty much just put it on the “he has it” list.

What I’m seeing is Talarius is more of a meany then later on in bk2 and 3. Makes sense why he had a “mental change.”

Completely different topic that I have a question about, did Maelen recognize Tom in the Balling he watched in the beginning of bk2. He has seen both Edwyrd and Tom in his “flame on” form during the “pirate” battle on asmeth ship.

Also why was there no conversation about Edwyrd on the cloud ship. I mean he, according to maelen he was a “big player.”

OH!!!

Interesting point.

Hmm

Well, apparently, given what has been written. No.

However, that doesn’t mean that at some point in the near future he might put one and one together. Even as Jenn will be doing.

Jenn revelations will probably get inserted into where we are now, and the following…

I would think Maelen would need, say, one more catalyzing input. However, this is an interesting line of thought that I want to ruminate on.

I think the point to remember, as Maelen might say, at this point, the future is not set in stone. Thing can, have, and will change.

Most of which comes from Beta Demons giving me ideas and pointing out, or re-pointing out things already there.

Something key to remember is that this story is somewhat complex, driven by ideas I have at certain points. However, I sometimes forget, at least consciously, those ideas.

Barabus’ speech about Talarius being one. It had slipped my mind that he’d said the stuff about leading men into the Abyss, until it was just recently brought out again. At the time, I knew what I planned, but so much time has passed that, while I remembered the core and kept it true, some of the groundwork got lost in my mind. I.e. He said that because of what I planned, but I forgot that he said it, even though plan continued. Does that even make sense?

There is a grand storyline and plan, but the details are very subject to change, as are the order of events.

I said this a lot in the HH Beta. I know where it is “supposed to go” how we get there is up for a lot of discussion.

It’s a lot like prophecy in that respect.

EyeDeKay

List of actions Tal has done with and without the dagger

Mikey

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX2n2EE2hls[/youtube]

The question as to whether he had the butter knife while fighting demons in his underwear is unanswered, but it would explain how he could do it with EM.

He is a great leader, very charismatic, but he doesn’t always think through the consequences of his logic/thinking. A lot of this is EM, he’s got some serious soul searching going on.

In the next release, I’ve gone back and inserted more Talarius stuff, and there is in fact a lot of Talarius you will be seeing in next release.

Incidentally, he has led people into the Abyss, the Inferno is following him into the Abyss.

The question that comes up is, “Is that line foreshadowing?” :-”

Also, I think they prefer the term ghoulashed to ghoulified. That is more regionally correct for Hungary, Transylvania, Romania etc.

I assume you are familiar with Hungarian ghoulash? Yes? Quite the ritual.

Actually, your second question is answered by Talarius & Edwyrd in Alpha 3. Tom explicitly chose a similar (so easy/doable) but different looking person, Tom didn’t want anyone recognizing Edwyrd

Working on getting it out, but having font issues for PDF. Word itself is getting the bookmarks right, but has funky fonts, so trying to embed, but it’s locking up.

my pdf program gets fonts right, but misses the book marks.

Iume

Back in Book 1 there was a passage where Edwyrd chose a different form when he turned human after defeating Talarius.

Ben

[quote=The Author Guy;4772]Actually, your second question is answered by Talarius & Edwyrd in Alpha 3. Tom explicitly chose a similar (so easy/doable) but different looking person, Tom didn’t want anyone recognizing Edwyrd

Working on getting it out, but having font issues for PDF. Word itself is getting the bookmarks right, but has funky fonts, so trying to embed, but it’s locking up.

my pdf program gets fonts right, but misses the book marks.

[/quote]

So are you doing Alpha 3 as pdf and word or sticking to pdf and epub. I remember you talking about different file formats

EyeDeKay

I meant when Tom the demon goes “flame.” When he was fighting the pirate he changed into demon form while in flame being what Maelen called an “avatar of living flame.” When fighting Talarius, Tom “flashes to flame” his body/ parts, don’t remember which, to heal from sword cuts. Then to try something different he flew up a bit then flashed to completely to flame and did what he learned from the “pirate” fight aka flashing his fire blue electric or cold or whatever it was. This whole thing was recorded on the Balling and Maelen watched it.

What I meant was did Maelen recognize Tom in both his “avatar of living flame” and Tom when he became “living flame.”

I am now going to download the alpha 3 to read tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.