Squeeeee!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

That won’t help.

To get the new version you have to go to Kindle Support on your account page.

fill out some questions along the lines of other and get to where either they call you or you chat with them.

Tell them that there are quality updates available and that you want them pushed to you.

Once they do that, you then go to Manage Content and should see the Updates Available button which you click.

They are still not responding to T-A-G’s emails.

Gelcube

And I repeat…SQUEEE!!!

Just finished the first read.

So.

Very.

Awesome.

Going to remove and re-download the book before the 2nd read to see if there’s any differences as I mark it up.

Just Thought of something. [Spoiler] Since Exador was in fact leading the Etonian forces on their conquest of Natoor, and is now working, albeit perhaps unknowingly with the Nyjyr ennead in a war against the Five Siblings, could Exador be theoretically be playing the bigger game here? could he be a piece of this seeming plot to engineer this fight between the gods? this strange parallel between Sentir Fallon, Lilith and Aodh, and Exador, Ramses with Bastet tagging along, just seems strangely related. hope i vocaltexted this correctly, damn machines been on the fritz since it fell off the table. [/spoiler]

Gelcube

Still reading. Haven’t finished yet. But since I don’t have an actual Kindle, only the app on my Nvidia Shield K1, it’s been just fine, other than Page Flip not enabled. Don’t know what freaky thing is going on with the Android version of the Kindle App, but sometimes when I gesture-flip to the next page, the thing stops halfway. Hard to read page 234 when you still see half of 233. 😛

Not stopping me from reading as fast as I can, though. It’s really awesome so far. I’ll do a first read, then restart so I can make annotations and notes.

Tizzy

I am working on your contract as we speak.

Tizzy

Yes, this is due to Calibre mistranslating the color of the font when going from Word to epub. I had to “strip color from fonts” in the Calibre settings, and that fixed it for the epub.

With a word or html document it doesn’t happen, but those were having other problems.

I finally had an “ah hah, stupid me moment” today.

I’m sure you’ve read my account of DOCX files not working and the HTML not having a TOC for the navbar. etc.

So today I had the “aha” idea of opening the saved HTML file in Word which is what created it, and deleting the html ToC and saving the document as a new DOCX and recreating the ToC

I uploaded that a couple hours ago and VOILA. It took it with no problems. Fonts are good (at least on the simulator), ToC works as it should, as does Begining and I’m hoping whatever was wacky with KCR will be fixed.

The ONLY weirdness is the bullet points in the Preface. They look fine on phone and tablet, but show up as boxes with question marks on the Paper White. They are just normal word bullet points. But, I said enough, it is just a weird bullet.

So, once this is done propagating, people can ask for the latest version and should have a fully functional copy (I hope, not sure on KCR they won’t get back to me)

Thus, my hope is that on Sunday, they will push it out to everyone.

B Ellis

Just had the update pushed to me. Font now black as intended.

So, is it coincidence that every book so far has ended just after a major battle, or is that purposely done?

Tizzy

[quote= B Ellis;6347]Just had the update pushed to me. Font now black as intended. [/quote]

Cool Hopefully that’s the version where Goto works properly and isn’t a page or two off. If it’s off it means there is still a newer one…

[quote=Dirk Flamberge;6349]So, is it coincidence that every book so far has ended just after a major battle, or is that purposely done?[/quote]

Well, the first time it was extremely fitting.

The second one didn’t initially end in a big battle and everyone in beta thought the book was rather boring, so I changed things around/rearranged things and it ended up with the big bang.

This one was building to this for most of the book so….

It’s not a requirement, but I like to end on a high/big note that leaves people wanting to come back for the next “season” so it’s really the same way serialized TV shows like to end with a cliffhanger.

But really it’s about breaking up the long story at appropriate points, since it’s all one book. So I look for a good break point around 250,000 words plus or minus and then move stuff around to make the ending more satisfying.

A marriage or birth would probably also work, as would a (permanent) death.

EyeDeKay

Do saints return to their gods outer plane, without an interdiction, if they die?

Yes, that is correct.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.