Rupert as a demigod

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Rupert as a demigod

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

I am not sure he was so self assured as too busy being freaked out by everything else.

You recall he was curling into a ball frequently.

So, he personally, was probably too overwhelmed by the whole ‘Heir of Orcus’ and a bunch of D’Orcs wanting him to be their leader and return them to glory to even worry about Lenamare.

I think the big thing was that he had taken Lenamare’s measure by the end of book 1. Remember the dinner party, and felt more confident about him than the whole Mount Doom thing.

I am told a person can only worry about so many things at once; and only the most urgent gets their attention.

I wouldn’t know as that’s what my pipe is for.

Don’t Worry, Be Happy!

Gelcube

[quote=Mikey;3091]Where does Tommus keep his Rod? In his pants?[/quote]

Nooo, that Rod is on display…proudly. No, in THH, Tom started wearing a loincloth/utility belt that he keeps stuff in.

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3090]Once Tom had the Rod of Tommus, I’m pretty sure Lenamare was a lesser concern; if Lenamare tried again (remember Lenamare doesn’t know about the D’Orcs or Mount Doom, and even if/when he finds out, he won’t automatically assume Tom is in charge of Doom, unless Damien tells him) Tom would be able to use the Rod of Tommus and the Power of Doom to turn the tables.[/quote]

I can’t remember the text of book 2 conveying quite as self-assured a picture of Tom at that point, but I’ll get back to this when I’m re-reading that part.

Where does Tommus keep his Rod? In his pants?

Tizzy

Antefalken did assure Tom that Lenamare would not be trying to summon him anytime soon. Remember he also had the stolen mana from Tiernon. That was during the cave period.

Once Tom had the Rod of Tommus, I’m pretty sure Lenamare was a lesser concern; if Lenamare tried again (remember Lenamare doesn’t know about the D’Orcs or Mount Doom, and even if/when he finds out, he won’t automatically assume Tom is in charge of Doom, unless Damien tells him) Tom would be able to use the Rod of Tommus and the Power of Doom to turn the tables.

At this point Tom pretty much is what Lenamare fears him to be.

And, in fact, my bet is that if Lenamare finds out that Tom has a D’Orc army, he will start doing whatever he can to sever the link or shield himself from Tom.

At the moment, Lenamare feels fairly safe because of the wards around the city, which are once more up.

Tizzy

That is what Tom has been saying all along.

But then, Tom is a demon and as we all know, demons lie. All the time.

Can’t trust ’em. There is only one truthful, honest, morally upright and virtuous demon in the Abyss. And that demon has four arms, four legs, is doubly endowed and has a set of really sexy insect wings and one of the best smelling pipes to be found!

Korwin

[quote=Mikey;3087]Then again, Lenamare stated that he did have some unnamed first, second and third [b]reich[/b] demons. Perhaps one of them might be “named” Tisdale, and that link might not be quite as one-directional as Lenamare believes it to be?[/quote]
    Now that you say it, I’m shure there are some nazi demons around in the abyss.
    But I’m not so shure Lenamare has one…. :-k

Tizzy

Yep, got some of those.

I’ll give you one guess as to who likes to hire them.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.