Plotlines

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

1)

He did a bit more than lie…rather went behind his back and teamed up with an avatar of another god and the “Queen of Demons” :^o

3)

Basically

Nyjyr Ennead

Lots open

4) Vasalle & Tom

This is an interesting question. Officially, in Astlan, “No” however that is what Tom is basically doing.

And this is the part that gets tricky to explain and I will just have to show.

a) Tom really should have done more “possessing and controlling” Vasalle but he basically chickened out.
    b) Shaman’s don’t normally work for a single god, per se. However, Tom (like Orcus before him) will most likely use them more like Warlocks or priests. The key point that’s not clear is “who were those warlocks of Orcus in the balladae? Actually many were actually shamans not warlocks” or shaman’s sort of working as warlocks.

3 a) You nailed it. Hubris.

Rogues & Asmeth are gone from beta 3

Fer-Rog and Rupert are really just a setup for book 3–or were–book 3 is getting very crowded at the moment.

6) Oorstemoth: Did not really enjoy writing the speeches. They are, however, supposed to be insufferable. Oh yeah, they are going to have some fun once they get there. I have no idea how they think they’re ever going to find anything. They tend to kill demons rather than ask questions, and I am sure even if they resist, their interrogation techniques will be pretty sad by Abyssal standards.

Good luck folks! (Hint hint, the will have some good luck otherwise the plotline would be pretty pointless–but they can suffer first)

6.1) Bingo. They go back and forth/they take turns. No one knows this. And they are very close.

7) Oh yeah, there is going to have to be a reckoning at some point. It’s just a question of how much havoc in the meantime.

As for Hilda and the name.

She knows the name ‘Tom’ which is what they call him, if they call him by name. Wizards will not reveal the true names of demons to others without explicit reasons. Certainly not to a non-conjuror. Historically, you don’t want competition with other wizards (demons are a prize possession). But also for safety. However, there are rumors that simply speaking some demon’s names will summon them. (Particularly if done 3 times in a mirror etc) For one thing, if you give out a powerful demon’s name, a lesser wizard might try to summon, fail and then you have a rampaging demon with wizard guts all over their claws. Who is going to clean up that mess?

Adventures?

Well, the real adventures were/are just starting with their shape changing when on the Planes of Orc; the true adventure starts later as above.

I identify plotlines by where they are going, not where they are now; unless now is big and obvious enough.

The ship was perceived as a waste of money and it may be.

But it’s basically a very powerful magical warship capable of inter dimensional travel. Think of it as a “magical” nuclear submarine that can impose Oorstemothian Law around the Multiverse, the same way US nuclear subs and carrier groups do around Earth. Same game plan.

They could, for example, cruise up next to the Courts or Mount Doom and open fire, much like US ships do with Tomahawk missiles and such.

Now, will it work as planned? That’s the question. But the plan is to kick some demon butts!

Wish from a djinn? We start to explore that in beta 2, see Randolf and Crispin. We are just getting to know them and their rules.

Yes, I like the beggars a lot. There will be more fallout in some form…

>Avatars and lies. Yes, this is a big issue that is coming to the fore; it’s all going to get tested as both Hilda and Talarius will have to reevaluate their allegiances over the course of the next couple books.

The book:

Tizzy has a book that he used to write in (a lot). He has misplaced it; but fortunately it’s very hard to open.

There is a book in Astlan that had been lost, but is now found, but very hard to open. It has something of interest to both Demons and Conjurors in it.

That is all I can say. Other than Tizzy had been very close to it at very points in time in Book 1 and never noticed or seemed to care; but of course, even if it was his, he might not have a link to it and so if it was hidden by Jenn…

Back to the Abyss:

Well, they think they have a plan. Actually, this is why the Oorstmothian’s need the Rod. They need the other Knights Rampant or someone from the Rod to help them locate Tom/Talarius. Otherwise, they wouldn’t even want to let the Rod know about the Inferno’s existence.

Sentir Fallon/Egyptian guys:

See [url=http://www.astlan.net/Home/History/Timeline.aspx]timeline[/url]

-630 Post Vargosian (currently we are in 440 PV) so Rangers of Torean first show up on the doorsteps of the Egyptian guys about 1070 years ago. You can follow that in the posted timeline.

Orcus was slain in Etterdam (different calendar) in -3587 PV or 4027 years ago. 500 Years or so before the website timeline starts. Ragnarok happened several centuries before that.

As an FYI, Mount Doom was founded in -54320 PV or 54,780 years ago. Assuming I am adding correctly now and in the book.

I am not so sure it was a fast one as much as a “need to know basis” Lillith knew what she was doing; as I am sure did Aodh/suspected. Not clear that Sentir fully appreciated what they were doing or how much he knew. He definitely did not count on the corruption spreading.

JMX

Is th battle at mount doom going to be added or is that going to be book 3? Knowing it won’t be the same as the first one.

Question is because I also read v2.

That is still up in the air.

My sort of preference at this point is to put in book 3

1) because it will delay the book quite a bit more to add it; it’s another 70-100 pages
    2) the time passage will sort of take the other “cliffs/wrap up points” past their expiration date in terms of time.
    a) if I go through the battle, Hilda will have to explain herself to Jenn
    b) Damien/Gastrope’/orcs will have to sort things out and there is a lot there as Gastrope’ finds himself on both sides of a conflict (the elves are not going to play nice with anyone in Mount Doom)
    c) Talarius and Ruiden will be reunited and either (try to) kill Tom before the battle, or join him in battle or just sit there and sulk

Looking for feedback from you guys on this.

See Rosver’s comments on this as well as others.

[i][b]I would say this is my BIG remaining sticking point to decide; so I need you guys to all weigh in![/b][/i]

Korwin

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]1)
    Rogues & Asmeth are gone from beta 3[/quote]Ah, started with 2, endet with 3 (went back and read the ending of 2).
    [quote=The Author Guy;2619]6.1) Bingo. They go back and forth/they take turns. No one knows this. And they are very close.[/quote]Good. I did not imagine things.

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]But it’s basically a very powerful magical warship capable of inter dimensional travel. Think of it as a “magical” nuclear submarine that can impose Oorstemothian Law around the Multiverse, the same way US nuclear subs and carrier groups do around Earth. Same game plan.

They could, for example, cruise up next to the Courts or Mount Doom and open fire, much like US ships do with Tomahawk missiles and such.[/quote]I wonder how the safety features are handled in that ship. Could it be acquired/boarded?

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]Wish from a djinn? We start to explore that in beta 2, see Randolf and Crispin. We are just getting to know them and their rules.[/quote]So far we saw two bonded Djinns, both to rulers. Is that an coincident?
    Also: Limits to wishes, would be the first thing I asked an Djinn if I got one, just saying. And with Tom wondering about the TV-Series he would not be out of character to ask.

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]>Avatars and lies. Yes, this is a big issue that is coming to the fore; it’s all going to get tested as both Hilda and Talarius will have to reevaluate their allegiances over the course of the next couple books.[/quote]Hmm, at the moment it only sounds like there is one bad Avatar…

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]Tizzy has a book that he used to write in (a lot). He has misplaced it; but fortunately it’s very hard to open.

There is a book in Astlan that had been lost, but is now found, but very hard to open. It has something of interest to both Demons and Conjurors in it.[/quote]I would still like to hear (in book) what Leanamare thinks he has. So we can later see his face when he knows what he exactly had. (Somehow I don’t think, the book is exactly what he is thinking. Unless Tizzy’s written word is for some reason better to understand than his spoken word).

[quote=The Author Guy;2619]Sentir Fallon/Egyptian guys:

See [url=http://www.astlan.net/Home/History/Timeline.aspx]timeline[/url]

-630 Post Vargosian (currently we are in 440 PV) so Rangers of Torean first show up on the doorsteps of the Egyptian guys about 1070 years ago. You can follow that in the posted timeline.

Orcus was slain in Etterdam (different calendar) in -3587 PV or 4027 years ago. 500 Years or so before the website timeline starts. Ragnarok happened several centuries before that.[/quote]
    So the treatment of the Egyptians could have been because of the corrupting influence?
    If yes, do the Egyptians know? If again yes, do their revenge plans include Lilith?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.