Orcus and the Djinn

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Reading Orcus and the Djinn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Another interesting thought.

If the djinni was there and had died at Etterdam, chances are the djinn do not know who to blame, Aodh, Sentir Fallon, but then does that mean Tiernon and Net?

If the djinni was there, it would have been able to flee after Orcus’ death. It would have just turned to air/cloud/steam/smoke and left the battlefield and returned home. In which case the djinn have very good idea as to what happened, and Tamarin would too, if she’d researched it.

If the djinni was at Doom then it probably would have left at some point soon after Orcus’ death without an anchor; although it could have gotten another anchor if it wanted to remain at Doom, but it did not, since the Djinn lost access to the Abyss.

In either of the cases where the djinni lived, that djinni would have died of old age by this point, however its memories (or most of them) and knowledge would have been saved and thus accessible to Tamarin; however, she may not have accessed all of them due to the fact that it would have been a lot of information to scoop up and study very quickly when the opportunity arose to go back to Doom.

She is, btw, a young djinni, a student. Her age would be about the same as Crispin’s was when he first went to work with Randolf.

These anchorings are typically like journeymanships for djinn, at least with mortal anchors, meaning that the mortal anchors have the same djinni for life, that is only a small part of the djinni’s life. Not so sure about immortal anchors or long life anchors (e.g. elves, even dwarves, and gods)

GameGraphix

Because the Djinn are unaware about how Orcus died (because if they did I would assume that is the one piece of critical information that Tamarin would have be given before coming to Mount Doom and joining Tom) – I would assume that the Djinn with Orcus was trapped in the interdiction and died with Orcus…

So the revelation about how Orcus died would finally give the Djinn a target for revenge for the Djinn’s death…..I would assume that the Djinn had not retaliated so far is that they did not have proof who or how Orcus and his Djinn died – so could not act….

GameGraphix
    GameGraphix

The Djinn have had relations with Mount Doom and Orcus previously….so I assume that Orcus was the anchor for the Djinn ‘military advisor’ – what happen with this Djinn when Orcus was killed – was the Djinn cut off with the interdiction was well???? Did EM harm the Djinn when it killed Orcus…would this be classified as a direct attack on the Djinn and mean that Sentir Falon was now an ememy of the Djinn as well???

EyeDeKay

Isn’t Tom considered an immortal anchor?

LCSpartan051

I bet the link between the Djinn and Orcus allowed the Antimus to infect the Djinn

[quote=GameGraphix;5417]Because the Djinn are unaware about how Orcus died (because if they did I would assume that is the one piece of critical information that Tamarin would have be given before coming to Mount Doom and joining Tom) – I would assume that the Djinn with Orcus was trapped in the interdiction and died with Orcus…

So the revelation about how Orcus died would finally give the Djinn a target for revenge for the Djinn’s death…..I would assume that the Djinn had not retaliated so far is that they did not have proof who or how Orcus and his Djinn died – so could not act….

[/quote]

That seems to be the most logical conclusion. But there is more to know, who exactly attacked the djinni with Orcus? Aodh, Sentir Fallon, a SL or who?

They won’t seek justice against an innocent.

[quote=EyeDeKay;5414]Isn’t Tom considered an immortal anchor? [/quote]

Yes, the point being, as an immortal, he will outlive Tamarin, plus she’d never get out of journeyman status and move on with her life.

My suspicion is that with immortals they go through multiple djinn, whether a given djinni stays for its entire life or for only a hundred or two years is probably a case by case thing. Same for elves and other races longer lived than djinn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.