OOA Blurb

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mikey

Speaking of Warhammer 40k, we’ve just had the worst birch pollen week of the century, so I’ve bought and worn a 3M 4255 mask around the house, just to deal with that.

[img]https://www.lawson-his.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/m/3m-4255.jpg[/img]

Seems to be a very allergenic spring all over. I’ve seen numerous people around here with swollen red eyes, pale complexions and funny sounding speech. I think they are having allergy problems, or maybe they’re zombies, not sure.

We’ve been having a lot of fake spring type weather warms up, cools down, warms up, cools down. Think that sends plants into overdrive or something.

Looks like that would really be good idea for flu season as well.

Tizzy

There you go, you got me doing it, yet again!

#-o

——————————————————–
    And now you’ve got me doing it, repeating myself, that is.

But on the other hand, I can’t think of anyone I want to repeat more than myself, so this is a good thing.

Tizzy
    —————————————————————————————————————————
    Sounds good.

As the beta’s draw near (within a week or two of them) T-A-G will harvest all the names oe people who’ve posted in the appropriate forums for each book and email them and let them know.

There will also be an announcement in the forums, and in all cases a magical link, that when clicked will bestow Beta Demon powers on the clicker, allowing them to see certain alternate timelines, realities and possible futures.

Again, I may be repeating myself, but I want in the beta for all three upcoming books. So, please add me to the beta when it goes live.[-o< Yes, I copied this one from CoA forum post.[;-)

JMX

That’s good stuff.

I have posted an urgent request to be beta-demonized in all 3 forums, just to be safe.

Tizzy

Hmm, missing 1 of the three…

Don’t worry, nothing has started yet, despite my best hopes and dreams.

These are just the pre-signup groups so that T-A-G can collect the emails and notify people when it starts.

Tizzy

Will make sure T-A-G notifies everyone in these OOA/COA/Book IV forums when the betas (any/all of them) are getting ready to start.

Tizzy

Anyone that posts in the forums for upcoming books will get an email from me. T-A-G treats me like a demon slave and makes me do so much of the work.

It’s not enough that I take careful notes of what happens so I can tell him the story, I also have to do errands like emailing people for him and running this website.

Originally, it was Lenamare doing it, but apparently his “wards” also cut off his Internet access.

It’d be really great to have wards to stop DDOS attacks, but…

I am pretty much immune to them since I use AOL Dial Up. If my D’iMac gets attacked, I simply hang up and dial a different access number, there are hundreds of thousands and none of them ever give me busy signals for some reason.

Yes, they are all long distance, but from the Abyss, Beijing and New York are relatively on top of each other in terms of distance.

pater domus

Is there a way to lure TAG out of his office to get a few more pages from Tizzy? =;

Or an update how much time TAG need to complete the books? 😀

Tizzy

Hey dad!

I wish there was, he’s thwarting me right and left and left and right, full circle.

He’s keeps claiming that OOA will be done “this month” unfortunately, “this month” seems to change every month.

Realistically, he’s probably going to need a long weekend or two to finish up and get to beta. E.g. a holiday.

This so called day job of his just won’t end, you would think with the “days” getting shorter, and “nights” longer, he’d be working fewer hours on his “day” job, but now his “day” job seems to be continuing past sunset. Very annoying, cause now it’s bot a “day job” and a “night job” and it’s got me irked.

However, maybe I can steal a few hints/excerpts or something and post them as spoilers.

:d/

Korwin

I have full confidence in Tizzy to do an “Ocean 11” heist on his own. :-“

Tizzy

OK, so finally located something of interest that doesn’t actually give anything away beyond what you already know.

Keep in mind this is a rough draft, not only pre-beta, but pre-alpha (whatever that is). So reading it now, it may need a bit of “loosening up” but….

[SPOILER]
    Trig gripped the bars of his shoulder restraints tightly as his dropship, Banshee Gold-1, the First Away Team’s dropship, plummeted through Oodalla-4’s atmosphere at supersonic speeds. As when visiting the Bone Wracker, this was his first time being in the lead dropship, and in fact, one of the few times he’d actually been in a dropship outside of training.

Under normal circumstances, only the First Shaman went planetside in combat situations. The rest of the shamans were required to stay on board to monitor the local ӕther and be available for emergency communications. During shore leaves, he took a transport shuttle; for some reason, Trig grinned to himself, it was considered bad form to use invasion craft to deliver crew to vacation resorts. Friendly natives generally did not like being terrorized by a screaming banshee.

Speaking of a screaming banshee, they were now low enough in the atmosphere that the dropship’s air foils were creating the shrieking banshee wail that this class of dropship was named for. In ancient, ancient mythology, a banshee was a dark spirit that would attend those soon to die.

The mythological banshee would stand outside a fortress or camp and wail a terrifying shriek; those within who heard the horrifying sound would know that death was imminent. The same was true for the OCSS Banshee Class dropships; this class of dropship had air foils that generated a truly spine wrenching, teeth gritting, wail as the ship descended through the air towards its destination. It was a clear and unmistakable warning to the enemies of the Oak Clan that their death was imminent, immutable and inescapable.

Of course, in this particular instance, Trig had no idea if there was anyone to be terrified of their arrival. They had been unsuccessful in locating where the Bone Crusher’s dropships had landed. There had been no heat signature from the ships’ engines, nor radiation from their power source, and no heat signatures on land that were consistent with a few hundred orks wandering around a camp. They had attempted both radio and shamanic communications with the surface, but with no success.

“Captain!” Chim Heinzchen, the dropship navigator, shouted looking back into the drop hanger. “I’ve spotted the Bone Wracker’s dropships! They are at the mining colony!”

“Hah!” Grishnakh shouted. “Can you see the crew?”

Chim turned back to his long range vidscreen directly below the main windshield. The kobold was, naturally, sitting in the navigator’s chair to the right of Haeltha, the pilot. “We are still a ways out, but I’m not seeing any motion.”

The navigator and pilot presented quite the contrast up at the front of the dropship. Haeltha was a very good-sized woman, nearly ogre size, and Chim was a typical kobold, which meant that Haeltha was about four times the size of Chim. Side by side, the two of them tested the opposing ergonomic limits of a dropship’s pilot seats. Of course, the visual asymmetry when looking to the front of the ship, was rather minor compared to the imagined asymmetry of the two in Trig’s head. It was well known that the two were lovers, how that worked was the topic of endless speculation among the rest of the crew.
    [/SPOILER]

pater domus

Ty Tizzy,
    you are my favorite demon =d> =p~ after all (maybe i want some cookies in the future :-$ )

And remind T-A-G not to overwork :). Quality is always better than quantity!

Tizzy

Thank you! [love]

At last! Some basic appreciation for my hard work!

I will be more than happy to bake you some cookies…or brownies…my triple chocolate brownies are very good.

I also make these demon butter drenched cheddar biscuits that go really good with lobster.

I actually like lobster, so nice and crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. And really great dipped in demon butter!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.