Next Book Time Frame?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Next Book Time Frame?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Maou

I have now edited many of my posts so you no longer see a block of text. Please enjoy. I’ll miss those blocks.

Tizzy

The biggest problem demons have with writing is that paper dries out very very fast in the Abyss due to the heat and gets brittle

Plus there are random acts of flame throwing, exploding gas balls…in all not a really conducive place for books and parchment.

Now, the advent of m-books, (mirror-books) has helped, but to write in that, you have to use a speech to text spell, so it’s more like dictation than writing.

Antefalken’s writings are done in Astlan.

Actually, the various Exadors have published numerous texts, dissertations and research notes, again in Astlan.

There were writings by Ramses….so when demons write it’s mainly in Astlan or some other plane of man.

The topics are about what you’d expect, sex and violence things going boom. A number of demons have sold scripts to Michael Bay.

Also lots of HBO…well…OK, that and Cinemax After Dark….

Tizzy

Are you talking about my on and off girl friend, Steph Meyer? She is quite the fiend, I’ll give you that.

I’d rather watch a drawing and quartering than read 1 page of her books. Talk about a demon that knows how to torture people!

And then there is the Demon Georgerrmartin. He writes great books, but he is clearly EVIL with a capital E, V, I and L. Never met a more murderous person.

The problem, as mentioned isn’t so much the writing, as the medium to contain the writing. There aren’t a lot of good, lightweight portable mediums to write on to make books, that can withstand the conditions in the Abyss.

Clearly archdemons and princes have books in their air conditioned chambers (ans some use spells, others probably have AC).

You note that Antefalken rides an escalator in the Cathedral of the Notorious dame, and that there are cars in the Courts.

But again, heat is a problem. The Courts are kept at a much cooler level than the rest of the Abyss, around 50C or so, just so we can operate vehicles and have paper…however the rest of the Abyss is much hotter. So cars overheat very easily out there, and computers melt down…

Korwin

[quote=Tizzy;294]
    And btw, since I’m a demon already, I can’t fork over my soul, because my immortal soul is me….I’m just a soul with a mana shield with some “dirt” stuck to it.
    [/quote]Hmm, could an necromancer eat/consume your (a demons) soul/animus?

Kuryuu

I think Maou meant something like this:

[size=2][color=orange]Db[/color] [color=yellow]xrdf[/color] [color=green]jt[/color] [color=white]Drsc, [/color][color=yellow]rxq[/color] [color=red]J[/color] [color=green]vjaf[/color] [color=darkblue]ls[/color] [color=yellow]torxa[/color] [color=darkred]db[/color] [color=white]dsxafb[/color] [color=brown]rj[/color] [color=orange]swlfx[/color] [color=cyan]rj[/color] [color=orange]osttjkvf.[/color][/size]

:-”

Note: This is a simple letter substitution cypher, and some of it is white. A special prize to the first person who posts a translation. =p~

Kuryuu
    Kuryuu

This may have already been discussed elsewhere, but seeing as how I’m lazy :-” I’ll just create a new topic. I’m not looking for a date, I’m just wondering if the next book will be out sometime this year, or next year? Just tell me you’re not going to be truly evil and pull a George R.R. Martin on us. [-o<

Tizzy

:-k

This would make him a very interesting test subject for the true name question

Of course, I expect it will probably hurt to get your soul split 87 times.

Kuryuu

Actually, I believe this is a case of “Buyer Beware”. It’s amazing that the soul market still operates on “buy now, pay later”. It’s not my fault if entities don’t check whether a person is still legally in possession of their soul before acceding to a deal. o:) As such, for soul claimants 2 through 87, sucks to be you. :-({|=

Tizzy

Well, I’m raising a Demon Army to help me claim what’s mine.

Plus, as you know, Tom is my best friend (after Boggy of course) and he’s pretty kick ass so I’m thinking other soulholders might want to rethink their position.

But I tell you what, no need to fight…let’s just get all the soulholders together in a room to discuss this, I’ll bring a few extra pipes and we’ll enjoy a nice relaxing “peace pipe” sort of thing…talk it all out, nice and diplomatic like.

:d/

Kuryuu

Good luck with that. My first deal was 8,000 years ago with Old Nick himself for immortality. My times up when the sun expands and swallows the Earth, and not a minute sooner. :d/

Later if I can manage to get off this rock.

(All soul claiments= ](*,) )

Kuryuu

Good to know. By the way, you’re like 87th in line to collect my soul via email, so it’s going to be one hell of a wait.

Tizzy

Hmm,

Well…this may take some work, I’ve never arranged a supernova before, but…

Actually, your soul technically is immortal already (unless eaten by a C.o.D. or similar) so the deal with Nick was for your body to be immortal.

Now if only there was someway to separate your soul from your body…I could then take your soul and your body would continue to live (may need some astral life support) :-” then your deal with Nick would be in place for another couple billion years and I’d have your soul in the meantime.

I’m thinking I’d be OK, to let you out of the contract after a billion years, so then you could go to Nick when the supernova goes off.

See, it’s called deal making/negotiating….

You see, we demons, Nick included, are very flexible in terms of working with contracts.

Tizzy

Kuryuu

You’re welcome to try, but unless you’ve got it in good with the Big Guy Upstairs you’re not going to be able to do a magically forced ejection on this Plane. And I know how to spot the “imported” substances that could otherwise separate the soul from the body. Besides, I don’t think you want me telling Tom who sold Reggie the “demon” weed, now would you? :-” ….. :-$

Tizzy

Who’s he going to believe, you or his bestest buddy in the whole world! Sweet, innocent, friendly little me?

Besides, how would a Type II who needs a ride to get to and from Astlan, ever get to Earth? (please ignore the fact that I am posting at you)

Obviously you can avoid the smokey stuff, but you might want to adopt a police dog to sniff your baked goods!

They don’t call it Devil’s Food Cake for nothing!

Oooh…that’s really a great idea…new recruiting tool!

Tizzy’s Cupcakes, 100% Devil’s Food Cake!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.