Mistakes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Well, it’s more a statement of his political beliefs and world view rather than an irregularity in his eyesight.

The mirror shows what’s on the other side of it, like a lens, but with the auras around demons. It reflects a heightened reality, is what they say, but it’s pulling it from the other side of the mirror (so it’s not really working like a mirror–but then neither is the mirror on the wall in Disney movies)

So when looking at Rupert, he see’s Rupert with a demon aurora. Think of it as using the rear camera on your phone with weird instagram filters highlighting people.

It’s a mirror because that’s the most common thing they make viewers out of. Long tradition of mirror mirrors on the wall, then hand mirrors as well as scrying bowls, fountains, ponds lake. In book II there are people using ‘lenses’ but for handheld communication devices, mirrors are their camera phones.

They can and do use some mirrors like facetime. But unlike an iphone, most mirrors are single function devices. E.g. they are a mirror of communication or of demon auras or long distance surveillance.

We will also see a lot more of Crystal Balling. You recall that the Oorstemothians were recording the battle on Crystal Ball.

Rosver

I often use the color wheel for color judging.

Also, ‘technical’ indigo (used for computers and printing) is more on the violet side than the indigo pigment. As this swatch:

[img=http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/2307/media/images/Indigo_429301_i0.png]Indigo[/img]

I think of this indigo instead of the indigo dye when they talk indigo, though that might be wrong as this world is medieval which doesn’t have a unified color system.

More technical minded individual will also list the color of the visible spectrum as:

Red
    Orange
    Yellow
    Green
    Cyan
    Blue
    Violet

[color=red]I, Icanremeberpito68decimalplaces, would like to become a beta demon, for the greater evil
    (or is it greater good?)
    Anyway, I would like to be a beta demon, ignore the mistake in line, two; I was typing to fast.[/color]

Tizzy

I tend to think of Indigo as somewhere between the two paint palette and the optical palette.

I think the color Talarius meant was something a bit more dark blue than the brilliant Indigo powder…but it’s hard to know without having seen what the mirror showed. Pretty confident he is not good with swatches of color etc.

In fact, I’m surprised he was even able to see any colors, from my experience with him, I thought he saw everything in Black and White.

Bludflag

[b][i][u][size=7]Golems[/size][/u][/i][/b]
    Golems must be constructed in such a [b]manor[/b] as to be able to move
    manner
    God,waiting for book 2 and second edition of book 1 is pure torture ](*,)

Bludflag

[quote=The Author Guy;1824]The manner of Golems living together in a manor…that’s on this site only, in the library correct?

I am not finding anything on Golems in the book 1 appendices (I never remember what is where).

2nd Edition is basically just awaiting a cover from the artist. I need to kick him into gear…

I am getting there on book 2, I keep saying one more week…but stuff has kept coming up…but not too far off now.[/quote]

Yes,it is on the site library. Good to know about 2nd edition pretty much concetrating on the picture.
    I was way too excited for the second edition(hooked so badly on this, I might need to go to rehab).
    Heh, good to know that I`m not the only lazy author out there(when I was one, it was for a FF, but the original story paid 0 attention on magicians even though the MC was one and I didn`t feel like making stuff up while the author would most likely go a totally different direction). I don`t really proofread books that I read since it would only frustrate me,they`re usually long(I generally don`t read short books), I usually don`t have any way to contact the author without too much hassle and I am not sure enough about my English to tell somebody their grammar mistakes(I am absolutely horrendrous with present perfect, not sure why).

Sorry about the wall of text :^o

Exactly, and remember it’s a flying horse, so maybe above average intelligence.

Ruidan, the sword is also intelligent, sentient and ticked off.

Rosver

I know that Tizzy. Color Blind is also a euphemism for people who have black and white morality.

Disney movie mirror’s actually acts like a normal mirror, the evil queen needs a chant to activate its magic. Tallarius’ mirror seems to be always activated.

Also, did you know that there is an old superstition that the reflection you see in the mirror is your soul? That is why it is said to be bad luck to break a mirror, because you are hurting your soul.

There is a mistake in the title of this thread/topic on this forum. There is also a mistake in the title of this forum. It says
    “Mistakes on this sites and forums”.

Bludflag

Mistakes on the FAQ(as I refer it to,under the Welcome to Astlan file thing)

Bludflag

[color=black][size=8][b]I noticed a few mistakes in the home page[/b][/size][/color]
    So here it goes:At the Avatars subsection I noticed that it said Rank III twice(for II and III) so that it looks like a Lesser Archon and an Archon are the same class.When I clicked on Demons(the one where we can see the summoning of Boggy) it said “When not serving mortal men, demons reside in an infernal plane called the Abyss, where the cavort and plan the destruction and overthrow of all mankind. ” the should be they (minor things like this happened all the time to me aswell when I was writing my original Fanfic,it went south so I stopped(got lazy))
    Should we methodically search all the posts for mistakes?

[color=black][size=9][u]I made this post purely for mistakes noticed on this website.I would appreciate if this topic stayed as is and that people only post for said mistakes[/u][/size][/color]

I hope the author approves of this post 8-[

P.S On the other hand I can`t wait for the next book =p~

Thanks for the catch!

I’ll take care of those this afternoon!

Bludflag

Finally got back to proofing some of the posts on the site(primarily those that interest me),so here goes:
    [i][u][b]Mana Pools and Anima Jars[/b][/u][/i]
    to the number of mana pools OR anima jars linked to the weilder (note jars do not create feed back with pools
    wielder…feedback
    Thus for safety reason’s very few mana wielder’s ever
    reasons…wielders
    While typically an Arcane Device that used a mana pool would have it’s own mana pool
    its
    say a ring and pendant where the ring actual mana pool for the ring [b]was[/b] in the pendent
    where the ring [b][u]is the[/u][/b] actual mana pool for the ring [b][u]in (inside if you wish)[/u][/b] the [b]pendant[/b](why did you put was,did you reword the sentence or something?)

The manner of Golems living together in a manor…that’s on this site only, in the library correct?

I am not finding anything on Golems in the book 1 appendices (I never remember what is where).

2nd Edition is basically just awaiting a cover from the artist. I need to kick him into gear…

I am getting there on book 2, I keep saying one more week…but stuff has kept coming up…but not too far off now.

Bludflag

[b][u]The Jötnar Races [/u][/b]

Trolls and Ogres tend to form smaller, isolated family units and can also be found in many [b]region.[/b]
    regions

Orc mercenaries are not uncommon in many lands and both Orc and [b]Goblinr[/b] tribes
    Goblin

Finally a Sprite, moving up in the ranks :d/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.