Ghouls

Welcome To Astlan Forums Nysegard Ghouls

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bradyman

Then why was Melissance so upset? he made the right choice. There was nothing he could do. Sure, it sucks that he blamed her, but the end result would have been the same.
    Was she just mad about his attitude?

Tizzy

Well, he might be able to send them to the Abyss and back now, with Tom’s help…

Tizzy

The “cure” for ghouls is generally sending to the Abyss, depolarizing them and returning them.

Not something he can do.

As far as I know the only people doing curing of vampires (or ghouls–not sure I recall that happening) were Saints and Avatars.

It’s basically a miracle and requires a very high level of permission/channeling. It is not something done routinely, at least by Tiernon’s priests.

Hendel’s priests, might be another story, but even then it would be very high level.

Iskerus, “might” be able to do it with a lot of prep work. The High Pontificate can most likely do it.

I am betting that Teragdor, as an apostle could now do it, if he can find the ritual in his Apostle book.

But standard procedure is elimination for both…

revenice

how long dose an antimus infection take to turn someone. like if a human gets bitten by a ghoul but gets away how long before that human starts snaking on the people around him.

That really depends on how much of an infection there is, sort of like gangrene.

If the wounds are life threatening, then it can be less than 20 Astlan hours (i.e. a day) before they get “hungry” In fact, it could be within hours, if the wound would have killed them within a few hours, it can, in theory, be that fast. Of course, if it’s bad enough to kill them, then it just kills them before they can turn. So it’s sort of a race against death vs disease. However, if the disease takes over before they die, and they get food, (meaning ghoul food or ghoulash) they won’t die.

A single bite? Well, like any infection, it depends on their health/constitution. If the bite is deep/bad and they are sickly, one to two days.

Healthy people? It can take up to a week (10 days), possibly a bit longer if really exceptional.

I would say most people have around half a week (5 days)

With a small enough infection, an extremely healthy person could possibly fight it off. But they would have to be pretty exceptional, or weird. For example, Reed is a dhampire, he looks and acts like a human, but could not be turned because he’s already infected with antimus at a very ingrained level.

And of course, Visterothi orks can’t be turned either and they are completely living. They have been genetically modified to be immune to the Unlife “viruses” (see more of this in OOA). One presumes there may be other such races.

In general, if you get to a qualified professional (any appropriate mana wielder with the knowledge of how to do so) it can be cured before you turn.

As discussed earlier, it can, in general be cured after the event, if said qualified professional knows what they are doing and has the power (or permission level for priests)

revenice

dose infection always result in conversion? i know more powerful beings can burn the infection out with mana but can a normal person fight it off sometimes?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.