Forums randomly borken

Welcome To Astlan Forums This Website Forum Forums randomly borken

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Sorry on post, hate that.

I don’t know why it’s so bad today. Going to go through the logs.

It is quite possible it is the End Times Coming.

The forum synchronizer is blowing up something massive. I am pretty sure that’s the issue.

Mikey

Is your indexer going through all the content, including the PDFs and the ZIPped EPUBs?

No,

Just the stuff in the database, and just the stuff in the forums.

The books themselves are just files on the server. The text content of the site is in the DB, the forums are in the db and the logs of the site and the logs of the forum are in the db.

The only tables with full-text indexes are the Message, Topics, Forum tables.

I have upped the memory, cpu, and doubled the IOPS on each of the virtual disks (they are on a RAIN).

Going to keep monitoring, there is a forum upgrade available, but don’t want to do that while beta is going on.

The biggest problem with migrating to a new forum platform (or web platform) is content migration, getting the history of the forums over.

I supposed I could have a “historical forum” and a newer one, but that’s not ideal for search.

Anyway, I”m next going to hack the forum log tables which are huge and basically contain craploads of debug information.

Mikey

You said that migrating the existing forums would be the most painful part of a forum software change?

Most of these forum web apps have fairly straightforward “thread” and “comment” tables which can be read and written with with a simple Python SQLAlchemy script. I can volunteer to do that, but can’t guarantee that the password hash methods any two web applications use will be identical. Forcing people to change passwords through a “forgot” link should be easy, though.

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/blob/8a3becae2fcd69d6ef7048dacc342f1d7d3b5f67/yafsrc/YetAnotherForum.NET/install/mssql/install/tables.sql#L405

Testing again.

Think I found problem. Think it was from address.

restarted app. see if that helps

trying a new setting

Testing this topic to see if it is also broken on notifications.

Iume

Yes, I’ve seen that, I thought it was a me thing, but now that I see the URL outside the box I see the problem.

Will check to see about fixing it.

See if this works better!

And we try again. The blank from email error happened again.

See if this post change link works/

I hate borken bugs.

Let us see if this notification works.

snarg I hate this bug.

Try to see if link works.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.