Format Requests

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

So I screwed around with a bunch of different formats, but with Calibre it really wants to know device info to paginate stuff.

This means that one format doesn’t seem nice for a lot of devices…

I think, as Rosver mentioned, epub might be the best option. The AZW3’s for Kindle really get wacky…Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle PW, Fire, etc.

If you want a special format post it here and I’ll see what I can do.

T-A-G

Iume

mobi or epub is fine. I can covert for my own device just fine as long as I don’t start out w/ PDF. Calibre is awful for some PDF where double L becomes single.

OK, will try a few.

Once on your computer, be sure and try what I send you on device. May take a couple tries.
    Trying epub first.

Davids

No idea what format necessary for iPhone 6 that’s how I read everything.[size=7][/size][/b][quote=The Author Guy;2116]Hi,

So I screwed around with a bunch of different formats, but with Calibre it really wants to know device info to paginate stuff.

This means that one format doesn’t seem nice for a lot of devices…

I think, as Rosver mentioned, epub might be the best option. The AZW3’s for Kindle really get wacky…Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle PW, Fire, etc.

If you want a special format post it here and I’ll see what I can do.

T-A-G[/quote]

Actually, you might want to try just the PDF format.

Apple is/has always been good with PDF support. Otherwise, a kindle format should work…all though again the Calibre ones are a bit weird.

If the text is weird/hard to read let me know and I’ll plan around with Calibre and a kindle format.

OK,

I actually think the epub works best on the iphone 6 with “Books” the apple bookstore app.

I copied the file over from my pc using FileBrowser or any other app that browses drives, but you could most like email it to yourself.

By default the iphone won’t know how to open it much, but for me, when I clicked open, it gave me a list of apps and I chose the Books app.

That worked pretty good, about like normal…I think, in that while I’ve used kindle on my iphone 6, I’ve only used “Books” on my ipad. But the pages were readable and decent.

T-A-G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.