Beta1 – Talarius seems too ignorant here

Welcome To Astlan Forums Complex Issues or Questions Beta1 – Talarius seems too ignorant here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Yeah there is a lot of cleaning up around this and the whole Grove vs Doom (and Nysegard)

Here is what I’ve change things to

“The Grove?” Talarius asked. “The bizarre mountain region in Astlan?”

“And in other worlds. It is a mountain hedged grove and an extra dimensional space that resides on multiple worlds of the localverse simultaneously.” Stainsberry told him.

“It resides on multiple worlds at once?” Talarius frowned. “How is that even possible?”

“Really good magineering, I’d suspect.” Thrinarv said bringing his mug up for a drink. After drinking, he lowered and tilted the mug, eyeballing the inside skeptically, “should have ordered sooner, getting pretty dry in here.”

“It acts as sort of diplomatic refuge for our localverse.” Stainsberry said. “They have also been very active on Nysegard, however, due to their very close relations with the alvar, and the alvaran royalty, they do not work that much with Doom. Certainly not since Orcus was slain. Prince Ariel of Astlan, who alternates with his sister as one of their Elders is a close ally of Prince Elyas of Etterdam, who was key in the whole Etterdam situation.”

Giwdul

[quote]“Where did you two meet then?” Talarius asked, puzzled at how they could have met at such a young age.
    “The Grove.” The two said at nearly the same time, causing them both to chuckle.
    “The Grove?” Talarius asked. “I am not familiar with it. Is that another world?”
    “No, it’s more like an extra dimensional space that resides on multiple worlds of the localverse simultaneously.” Stainsberry told him.[/quote]

“The Grove?” Talarius asked. “[h]I am not familiar with it. Is that another world?[/h]”

I don’t think that this makes sense. The Grove has been taking up a BIG chunk of real-estate on Astlan for thousands of years, it should be clearly marked on any first, second or third rate maps. The Grove is also populated with Pagans and Monsters, a Knight Rampant of Tiernon would definitely have heard about it (and probably tried to figure out how to invade it). Especially the most senior knight rampant like Talarius.

Maybe have Talarius say something like :”The Grove? But the Grove is in Astlan. Why would you both be there?”
    Then Stainsberry could say something like : “Ha Ha. No, the Grove is not just in Astlan it’s actualy blah blah blah….

Giwdul

Yeah, good point.

He is mainly based in Eton, but he’d have heard of it as a place of ill-repute.

Iume

Talarius knew of the Grove in book 2. Sort of. He calls her a Pagan Whore, but I wonder why he would call her a pagan if he didn’t know about her association with the grove.

Once this thing hits the shelves, I think I need to go back and reread everything from scratch and take notes.

All my rereading in recent years has been from an editing point of view and I rely on memory and beta readers for consistency.

I need to go back and read for story and anomalies.

Good lord, do I ever.

I am rereading the doom discussion with Pagan Whore…It answers a lot of questions I’d been having lately about who knew what and when.

My spreadsheet/timeline has events, but not so much on what who knew when.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.