Beta1 – How did Tom recognize this?

Welcome To Astlan Forums Complex Issues or Questions Beta1 – How did Tom recognize this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Giwdul
    Giwdul

[quote]Tom turned to look at the new painting, also life size, it was a picture of a man in very ornate robes embroidered with runic symbols and emblems that Tom recognized as being tied to animages, and the Society of Learned Fellows. Thus he was an animage, Tom was certain.[/quote]

I am wondering something: How did Tom recognize that those symbols were tied to animages and the Society of Learned Fellows?
    I am sure Maelin could have told him about that kind of thing but Tom was pretending to be more knowledgeable than he actually was and so wouldn’t have gone over this with Maelin. So, how did he know?

Skaar

It was probably from all the books he was reading, Maelin did give him a bunch of books to read when they were in freehold, and he also sends a lot of time in the library at doom.

Giwdul

[quote]
    It was probably from all the books he was reading, Maelin did give him a bunch of books to read when they were in freehold[/quote]
    If I remember correctly, those books were specifically on ‘wizard’ magic not animagic.

[quote]he also sends a lot of time in the library at doom[/quote]
    Yes but, this happened on his very first visit.

I think this is a good point.

Perhaps he’s not sure how he knows…

Hmm, he would have seen some books on animagic from Maelen, I’d think, however that has never been clearly stated. It needs clarification.

[color=blue]runic symbols and emblems that Tom recognized from some of Maelen’s personal books and papers as being tied to animages, and the Society of Learned Fellows. [/color]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.