Beta – The End of the Fight (Chapter 147)

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Reading Beta – The End of the Fight (Chapter 147)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

[quote=Iume;5602]But the giants?They took those that weren’t freed with them.And then there are the undead “dragons”.If any immortal is still bound when they go the Abyss then wouldn’t they be freed and ready to rampage?[/quote]

They didn’t take any giants with them, Tom cured all they brought through the Tomb Gate.

What’s not clear is the other bindings on the giants.

1) We have true animus inside
    2) We have it surrounded by antimus, they aren’t exploding together, they are different entities or something
    3) There is black magic crap wrapping and shielding it all.

I would say all bets would be off as to what happens if you take them to the Abyss.

I am thinking that it’s going to be a pain for them, however, remember what Exador was doing with the Switch in book one.

He was bringing people to the Abyss, moving them to another patch of ground, releasing the first switch, and then switching again to another place in Astlan.

Here, he would switch them into the Abyss and then either move them, or switch the same ground to somewhere else, at the moment, I am thinking he will use one of his prepared locations near Exador’s school.

Depending on how much prep time he had for all of this earlier.

Sorry, giant undead in this case means large zombies e.g. dragons and pterosaurs no actual “giants”

I will change that to be more clear, their Unlife bestiary with them.

Iume

They didn’t the giant undead with them?

[quote]
    “They do not attack; they are all just crowding together behind a very fierce front line that surrounds them.” Talarius observed. “[color=red]They have crammed all their giant undead into the area as well[/color], the flying ones in the air above them. Is this some sort of bizarre last stand?”
    [/quote]

Burien

He could have given the SL time to prep, his talk with Ramses was about doing it as a surprise/escape for him and Ramses without warning the SL.

This is what I need to clear up with the discussion between Ramses and Exador about the AS.

The problem is, I don’t want to give it away too soon.

When the SL’s say time for Plan E, they do mean a previously defined plan, E for Escape, or it E(xit) or I could make it Plan X for eXit.

Actually that might be good. Perhaps I can have Exador remind him of the preparatory spells.

LCSpartan051

What if a ghoul isn’t really “cured” when it enters the abyss, it may simply stop needing animus to sustain itself while there since animus and antimus are functionally identical in the abyss, or since mortals don’t need sustenance in the Abyss.

The harmful effects on the Unlife don’t have to be due to the animus/antimus problems, instead it could simply be due to the literal fiery heat of the abyss. Exador could perhaps have prepared an Abyssal swap that would land the Unlife in the middle of a lake of lava, or conversely summoned a lake of lava above the Unlife.

For the escape plan(Plan E), Exador could transport them inside an area with pre-prepared cooling spells in place, or perhaps the wards the SL were drawing were to keep the hot air out of their swapped Nysegardian “real-estate”.

[quote=LCSpartan051;5738]What if a ghoul isn’t really “cured” when it enters the abyss, it may simply stop needing animus to sustain itself while there since animus and antimus are functionally identical in the abyss, or since mortals don’t need sustenance in the Abyss.

The harmful effects on the Unlife don’t have to be due to the animus/antimus problems, instead it could simply be due to the literal fiery heat of the abyss. Exador could perhaps have prepared an Abyssal swap that would land the Unlife in the middle of a lake of lava, or conversely summoned a lake of lava above the Unlife.

For the escape plan(Plan E), Exador could transport them inside an area with pre-prepared cooling spells in place, or perhaps the wards the SL were drawing were to keep the hot air out of their swapped Nysegardian “real-estate”.[/quote]

That’s basically what I’m thinking. If he was going to toast them as a defensive measure, he wouldn’t tell them first and go somewhere nasty.

The air is the big problem for them, my assumption is that Plan E involves liches doing massive cooling spells, which they can easily do. I point out the Ice Dragons are NOT going to like the Abyss, so they have to do something like that.

Given cooling, I think that ghouls, vampires, vampyrs and dhampyrs will all be fine. As will liches. Skeletons are mainly just animated by magic, and a bit of antimus/antimus, so will be fine.

[color=blue]It’s really the zombies that will be the most problematic. Do they suddenly become correctly resurrected, but due to decay are horribly wounded? Would they regenerate in the Abyss and end up as living people?[/color]

[quote=Burien;5742]New meaning to Go To Hell plan, it usually isnt meant literally.[/quote]

Gotta love it!

I am thinking they are going to work to minimize the time, and that’s the sort of information I am going to squeeze into this book before we find out what did happen in book 4

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.