Beta?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Quick question because i tried adding my avatar Via a dropbox link, which did nothing(but may have been because i need an avatar wipe again), but is it only possible to have a working avatar by using Gravatar, like you said to use?

Tizzy

Yes, that can be a problem.

You can change your email address on this account if you want. It does not key on email address.

Nice, although I’m not sure I want an image associated with everything connected with this email address.

Tizzy

Gravatar is really simple. There isn’t much there other than your list of email addressess and the image you want to use with it.

I thought it was rather odd/mysterious too some big “in thing” that would absorbe time. It’s not. Very simple and easy to use. It’s like a utility.

One account tied to one email and a password. You just then go in and add emails and upload images, or select from their library.

No cost, no ads (when you aren’t there–don’t remember seeing them) It’s just set it and forget it.

Tizzy

At this moment that seems to be the case.

It is apparently something with the webserver/Forum code and the firewall. Which is weird because I have never seen this happen before. But then this is the only place I use this forum software.

The one danger of gravatar is that you never know where they use them. I have found that some of my more humorous gravatars have ended up in more serious forums than I’d probably have preferred.

Tizzy

The problem is, it doesn’t work for me either. I had to do gravatar to make it work.

I spent four or five hours trying to figure out a work around before giving up.

I can see about spending some more time on it, but I’m not convinced that I’m even going to stick with the same software. I’m considering a couple of different other platforms to move the entire site to.

Ah okay got it, anyways here’s the link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8924696/Normal%20pictures/gg675.jpg not sure if it’s valid but it’s there. If the platform is going to be changed this whole process is probably moot.

Thanks a bunch Tizzy.

Tizzy

My pleasure!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.