Beta Format/Book Format/Feedback

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Heavenly Host Beta Beta Format/Book Format/Feedback

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Threefinger

Well you would have to improve the writing speed and releases wouldn’t be able to be a year or more apart, but other than that you probably shouldn’t threaten us with a good time. As for the programming snowballing out of control, since you know what you want maybe just find another person to help with it and keep it under control? If you get something useful to a functional state you might even be able to market it to other writers to help with their editing as well.

That actually would be the plan with the beta reader app. I could never justify that much effort for myself.

I think it would be very useful. With luck, I’ll get it just functional enough for my own use…but I have to lie to myself that I’m going to offer it as a service. I.e. yes this will generate income, so yes I need to work on it.

I’ve got the tools to actually build not only the website, but real apps for ipad/iphone, android/Kindle Fire/OSX/PC as well. So beta readers could edit/comment as they read in their preferred format. It’s just time and money to eat on. I really need to hurry up, get my act together and just win the lottery already. Not sure why I haven’t got around to doing that yet.

And yes, I would really have to crank up the speed to get to 666 before I drop dead.

I would also have to merge my branched series into the main series. I can’t tell you the name of the first major branch series because the name won’t make sense until the last half of book ii. But I think people will see the spin off possibilities easily.

Threefinger

I can already see spin off possibilities, a new set of books for each major character, maybe even the same story with the primary perspective of different people that we don’t really see much, prequels for each faction, really there’s an absolute ton of possibilities. Of course this is mostly because the universe you built for it is huge, complicated and spans several dimensions. My point being that you need to write moar!

Well, I am hoping you like where this next book goes, because I am really opening up the multi-verse so to speak.

This is what will make scene changes interesting (read: I’m afraid hard to follow). Stuff is happening on more planes now (previously only 2); now quite a few more.

That’s one possibility. I’m not opposed to it. Everyone can create a topic so that will work.

In many ways this is a Beta Beta since I’ve never done this before myself.

Threefinger

well I was thinking that if a program like that was made it would have to have a reader built into it for distribution to beta readers. That would standardize the format and the secondary program wouldn’t have to be able to do everything that the master program could since it would just be there for people to read from and send in suggestions.

Yes, I think that’s a good idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.