Beta 3 – Chapter 126

Welcome To Astlan Forums Editing Issues Beta 3 – Chapter 126

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Yes,

I think it is hindsight, but is it earned hindsight. I am not sure that Talarius knew what it was, or was blind to it. Note there is or should be a freak out conversation between him and Ruiden about using EM and “how did we condone this”

Pretty sure I wrote that.

Now the question is, is it clear that Heron would have this information?? Might be better to call it a blade of demon slaying??

Iume
    Iume

“The knight pulled forth a dark blade, tainted by Unlife, and attempted to kill the demon.” Heron said.

So… Heron or his people can tell from a distance that EM was a blade tainted with unlife and yet Tiernon’s people and the avatars that inspected the blade couldn’t sense it? I thought Tiernon’s blessing (and that’s why Sentir blessed it) hid that fact.

Korwin

I think this is the hindsight* speaking.

* is that a word?

Iume

Hindsight? How do they even know?

Korwin

[quote=Iume;6067]“The knight pulled forth a dark blade, tainted by Unlife, and attempted to kill the demon.” Heron said.[/quote]
    This is from Heron retelling the end boss fight from book one, right?

So they did much research, talked with the Rod, etc.
    They [i]might[/i] have gotten that information.

Iume

Yes, but while the rod knew it was a dark, albeit holy artifact, the leap to unlife seems like a stretch.

Korwin

[quote=Iume;6079]Yes, but while the rod knew it was a dark, albeit holy artifact, the leap to unlife seems like a stretch.[/quote]
    Now that I think about it…
    Thinking back to the fight (dont have the book open or at Hand), Talarius might not have know about the Antimus in the Knife.
    But he did know what it did, did’nt he?
    He stabed Tom, expecting him to be slain permanently…?

Iume

Yep. He expected that Tiernon’s holy grace could permanently slay a demon, not antimus.

Giwdul

I think that Blade of Demon Slaying would be better.
    When I read this chunk, it felt a bit off that the Oorstemoothians would know this.

Iume

They have a spy. Long-term I do not know nor do I know if he had access to examine the blade, but that spy would be able to discover that it was EM, that it was used to kill Orcus. Also Talarius declared it a demon slaying blade in front of everyone at the fight which was captured by the balling.

Yes, this is quite true, Raspunan, however, technically he is not a “spy” he is an Assistant Hidden Truth Seeker by rank.

However, I agree that, even if they know it, I doubt they’d be so open with someone as “odd” as Sir Samwell.

I am going to update this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.