Beta 2 Status

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Status Update

OK, it is taking longer than expected, but that’s because I am going over the entire book from start to finish doing an edit…wow lots of horrible typos in the second half.

And as I work stuff in I have to update a lot of stuff to maintain continuity and have things make sense going forward

But, I think I am adding scenes/details stuff that should tie things together so they make more sense. I have to say I am pleased how adding these things is actually improving the long term story as much as the short term story in this book.

Right now, I am closing in on the ceremony. Working on a big Exador thing right now, which will result in substantial changes and surprises for Hilda and Damien when they return from their respective journeys (in beta 2, she is in drinking with the orcs at the moment, and Damien is waiting for the ceremony to start). Let’s just say we will resolve the Council’s conundrum on what to do about Exador and friends.

So biggest thing after that will be reworking the demons vs d’orcs, not completely sure there yet.

Hope to have Beta 2 posted by late Friday.

OK, I know I said late Friday, but in my defense, my brain was so lost in the story at that point that I thought I was writing the post on Tuesday night rather than Wednesday night. So I thought I’d have one more day.

I have gone through the whole thing to the end, inserting, updating and editing. I now just need to write a new final chapter that takes place a bit after the beta 1 ending.

I will thus have beta 2 out on Sunday night…assuming no catastrophe…

T-A-G

Threefinger

Cool beans

Rosver

Yay! Beta 2 is comming up.

Beta 2 is released.

Few notes; there are insertions both where obvious with chapter/section numbering and throughout the book.

I have worked to keep Chapter/Section numbering the same for beta purposes. Where I inserted a chapter I call it B of the previous chapter.

Same with section inserts. I think it will make sense when you see it. As a rule the A version is closer to original…but inline you should see the old section number strike-throughed.

This is where logical consistency checking is important. Reality has shifted! if things are no longer consistent or seem inconsistent, let me know.

Here is the [url=http://www.astlan.net/TheBooks/TheHeavenlyHostBeta.aspx]link.[/url]

Thanks

T-A-G

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.