Beta 2 – Exador’s(?) penchant for dick jokes

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Reading Beta 2 – Exador’s(?) penchant for dick jokes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Heh heh, that would be a good one for him!

I’ll have to check the timeline to see, but I think they came up with that name before Exador got the job. It used to be the Militia of Tiernon…

EyeDeKay

Aww man, that would be a great conversation with Bess about how he made the ultimate dick joke, only for her to find out he helped the slaughter of her people.

Mikey
    Mikey

Am I correct in assuming that it was Arch-Vicar General Exador who changed the name of the Shield of Tiernon on Astlan to the Rod of Tiernon on Astlan, in order to make their title into, as Trisfelt points out in book 1, “Rod Member”, to turn the clergy of Tiernon on Astlan into a dick joke?

Heh heh, that would be a battle!

Korwin

[quote=EyeDeKay;5935]Aww man, that would be a great conversation with Bess about how he made the ultimate dick joke, only for her to find out he helped the slaughter of her people.[/quote]I’m not so shure, she doesn’t know…

Yes, this is a good question.

She laughs at Ramses for not recognizing her as a goddess he worshiped as a mortal.

It would be pretty humiliating if she did not know she had teamed up with the guy who ordered her people killed…

Awkward!

ain’t she also banging them both.

i think i remember that there are scenes where she is in bed with Exador and another with Ramses.
    i think in preparation for turning them against each other.

also i like Ramses he is funny. reminds me a bit of a jock.
    Ramses ends up in bed with one of the pantheon he worshiped.
    i wonder if he’ll switch to team doom once Exador and him have their falling out.

its great that in book 4 we will finally get to see his skills.

march-july 2018 for next main?

Mikey

[quote=fallen_one_84;5995]
    Ramses ends up in bed with one of the pantheon he worshiped.[/quote]
    Or was he a demon merc?

If Bess has collected both Ramses and Exador, her pantheon must be planning a particularly unpleasant payback, especially if she’s willing to take the risk of being charged under the Concords.

She’s definitely banging both, planning with each to screw over the other.

However, she’s pulled back due to the Unlife issue, that has put a crimp in her plans as she really wants nothing to do with Unlife.

She’s got them both, planning to pit them against each other and take the book for herself (her team). Once she has the book, and can open it, all bets are off. Or so the plan goes….

Yes, I think that pretty much describes Ramses, he’s the action hero in his own movie. Unfortunately, no one bothered to inform him that he’s the bad guy.

I have no real idea on the date for the next main. That may be realistic, but I am hoping sooner. Ideally, I’d like to get down to 1 main/big book per year (not necessarily DoA–it does end at some point–sorta) and then a smaller book in between.

The problem I have at the moment is that I’m in DoA mode/mindset, and CoA has a very different tone that I need to recapture. Not sure that it’s going to be as easy as I’d hoped working on both back and forth.

The difference in tone is simply from the universes (social circles/power circles) of the characters. I hope as Kristof gets more into the Wilds things will converge. The humor comes from a different place than with Tom. It’s a bit more Jane Austen, without the spouse hunting. Or rather, Kristof is more like one of Jane Austen’s protagonist’s victims/targets. Sort of a young Darcy trying to escape hordes of swooning maidens, who are clearly after him for his money/position (as his looks, to which he is very sensitive, are not up to princely standards)

Also, at the moment, it’s a single POV.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.