Beta 1 – Chapter 146

Welcome To Astlan Forums Complex Issues or Questions Beta 1 – Chapter 146

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Iume

[quote]
    He had almost said, when Tom had first taken him hostage before remembering that Stainsberry was there beside him.
    [/quote]

Stainsberry was in the command center right? So wouldn’t he have heard Tom admit to being the demon that kidnapped Talarius? Isn’t the secret out?

“Yes?” The Leftenant asked. –> leftenant? Not 100% sure on whether The Leftenant is a proper noun or not.

[quote]
    “What do you want demon?” Hilda demanded. The demon tilted its head, its mouth splitting into a hideous, and deeply terrifying, grin. “Why to be of assistance!”

“To be of assistance?” Jacob shouted in shock.
    [/quote]

Why is a member of the Citadel shocked that demons accompanying Orcus Lord of the Light want to provide help? They wouldn’t be shocked by D’Orcs providing help right? I get why they wouldn’t trust summoned demons because they’d be of the Courts of Chaos and thus less trustworthy, but these are troops brought by Orcus and thus members of Doom.

“Why to fight by your side, you do understand the stories we shall be able to tell? Heaven and Hell, united to battle the Unlife? This is [color=red]glory[/color]!” The demon laughed. –> glorious

[quote]
    “Do we have a choice?” Praelgeis hissed back. “If we are to salvage this, we need to break out the Doom Busters. The only way to get them here before we are all ashes is to use the Tomb Gate.”
    [/quote]

“Break out” doesn’t fit the liches. Perhaps “ready”, “release”, or something else. The liches give me this old but somewhat formal / no nonsense attitude. Using “break out” just doesn’t fit them.

Iume

[quote=Iume;5538]Stainsberry was in the command center right?So wouldn’t he have heard Tom admit to being the demon that kidnapped Talarius?Isn’t the secret out?[/quote]

I will check, but I don’t think so. Stainsberry really doesn’t enter the inner circle until Talarius convinces Tom to bring him to the Citadel.

No, I don’t see him there, you are talking about the one where they learn of the SOS from the Citadel, yes?

Iume

The Citadel Command Center yes. I know it is confusing, both are called Command Center. That is where the conversation with Iskerus, Talarius, and Tom took place. Stainsberry was there with them.

D’Oh

I need different words for these things.

Yes, he was there, he will have some questions, but I am thinking that in the middle of battle he’s not thinking of asking them.

However, should note this in Talarius thoughts, that his “story” was just blown by Iskerus in the CCC vs DCC and CCT

[quote=Iume;5538]Stainsberry was in the command center right?[/quote]

Talarius nodded, acknowledging the honor Lord Tommus was entrusting him with and took the horn. “Demon lord, if you had told me I would be doing this when you first—met me? Well, I have absolutely no idea what I would have thought.” Talarius shook his head, giving Tom a rueful grin. He had almost said, when Tom had first taken him hostage before remembering that Stainsberry was there beside him. [color=blue][i]Although Iskerus had probably shattered that illusion[/i], Talarius suddenly thought to himself.[/color]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.