Beta 1 – Chapter 118

Welcome To Astlan Forums Editing Issues Beta 1 – Chapter 118

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iume
    Iume

[quote]
    There was a clunk as Talarius, who had been leaning back drunkenly on his chair’s rear legs leaned forward setting the chair firmly on four legs. The knight shook his head trying to be sure he had heard correctly. “Wait, are you telling me that you two are heathen deities?”

Sekhmekt and Phaestus started laughing again as Talarius stared at them tipsily. “Yes, you didn’t know that?” Sekhmekt asked.

“I do not normally have to ask people that.” Talarius retorted.
    [/quote]

Previous Talarius was okay with the conversion / saving the people of Natoor because he (and the church) viewed the Nyjyr Ennead as FALSE deities. Not sure where the heresy part fits in, but it his book 2 perception makes me think that Talarius views the Nyjyr Ennead as a “bad” pantheon, or worshipers of demons, or something or other. That is because of the false deity part combined with heresy.

[quote]
    Antefalken shook his head. “No, Trevin says that Bastet was a goddess of the Nyjyr Ennead, a pantheon of deities previously worshiped in Natoor and Najaar.”

“Heretics, false deities, thankfully long gone!” Talarius stated proudly.

“Wiped out by the Etonians,” Antefalken said, nodding to Talarius.
    [/quote]
    While I get his shock at the raping, pillaging, and barbaric behavior of the Rod’s forces there seems to be a conflict in how he views the Nyjyr Ennead between bk2 and bk3.

Maybe, something along the lines of “You were the ones to poses as the gods of Natoor?” “We ARE their gods stupid” Blah blah blah, something something.

[quote=Iume;5586]Previous Talarius was okay with the conversion / saving the people of Natoor because he (and the church) viewed the Nyjyr Ennead as FALSE deities.Not sure where the heresy part fits in, but it his book 2 perception makes me think that Talarius views the Nyjyr Ennead as a “bad” pantheon, or worshipers of demons, or something or other.That is because of the false deity part combined with heresy.[/quote]

Yes, should raise this point.

It was the all or nothing aspect of EM and official church doctrine.

[quote=Iume;5586]Maybe, something along the lines of “You were the ones to poses as the gods of Natoor?” “We ARE their gods stupid” Blah blah blah, something something[/quote]

Yeah need some conversation on this.

Working on it.

He’s very drunk and things get emotional fast so rather than take away or change that attention I go to the next chapter and the first Mount Doom where he’s laying in bed.

Talarius lay in bed staring at the ceiling. He was not sure what time it was, but he had slept for some time. Passing out drunk would do that. He did not do it often, but he had last night. He had drunk well to celebrate their victory over the Knights of Chaos, the sort of victory that he had only ever imagined in his wildest dreams. He had then drunk more to try to wipe away the memories that Sekhmekt had shared. Those had been…he had no words, no idea how to process them. Such behavior went against everything he had been taught.

[color=blue]He had known that the Church and Rod had gone to bring the Light of the Five Siblings to Natoor and Najaar, yet history had been clear that the people there had been worshiping false gods, not true gods, not a recognized pantheon, such as the Narveson in Norelon or the El’adasir of the alfar. Yet, clearly they were real gods, heathen yes, but not false gods.[/color]

He would like to believe it a trick, a deception by a dark goddess; it had to have been. However, the memories, they were so real, as if he had lived them himself. The depth, the details were too much. How would one fashion such a lie? Of course, given that she was a dark goddess, it had to be within her power to do such things.

Updated again

[color=blue]He had known that the Church and Rod had gone to bring the Light of the Five Siblings to Natoor and Najaar, yet history had been clear that the people there had been worshiping false gods, or gods long dead, not true gods, not a recognized pantheon, such as the Narveson in Norelon or the El’adasir of the alfar. Yet, clearly they were real gods, heathen yes, but not false gods.[/color]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.