Beta 0+1 typos

Welcome To Astlan Forums Editing Issues Beta 0+1 typos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EyeDeKay

Chapter 144
    Second heavens’ home [b](change this by the way)[/b]
    Page 374

[quote]
    Krinna shivered. “Do you have any idea what he could do if he were able to use this to trap someone on a material, unable to their [h]got[/h] pool unable to escape?”
    [/quote]

EyeDeKay

For all your typo needs!

Burien

Page 73

“Zeus and Hephaestus were both were both furious enough as it was over Orcus’s death.

Im thinking maybe one less “were both”

Fixed both!

Thanks!

GameGraphix

Was going to wait until Beta 1 for the typos – but these jumped out at me..

Chapter 142
    Mount Doom: Early Third Period
    “By that point we were so close that I didn’t have the [h]heart[/h], to break his [h]heart[/h]” – repetitive use of the word heart sounds a little funny….

Chapter 144
    Mount Doom: Council Chamber
    “Orcus’ uncle..” Phaestus nodded. “Only one of my sister’s kids I ever liked. Well, [h]Logoi [/h]is….” – shouldn’t this be Loki

Krallnomton: Midday
    No, what I can’t accept is that Tiernon and our Church has [h]old [/h]taught us…. – should this be always???

Iume

I know said I’d wait, but if it is just spelling:

Torean said with more uncertainty [color=red]that[/color] one might have expected. –> [color=red]than[/color]

How can be of most assistance? –> How [color=red]I[/color] can be of [color=red]the [/color]most assistance?

Lord Tommus [color=red]Orcas[/color]? –> [color=red]Orcus[/color]

“What have you set up to get your people to the Outer Planes should they [color=red]bet killed[/color]?” –> [color=red]be killed[/color]

Is it [color=red]Ptah, pTah, pêTah, or pi-Tah[/color] (yes, this exists in book2). All of these exist (pi-Tah is book 2.)

They are [color=red]allayed[/color] with Orcus? –> [color=red]allied[/color]

“They need to save their energy for their undying [color=red]breathes[/color] when we finish them all off.” –> [color=red]breaths[/color]

[quote=GameGraphix;5150]Was going to wait until Beta 1 for the typos – but these jumped out at me..

Chapter 142
    Mount Doom: Early Third Period
    “By that point we were so close that I didn’t have the [h]heart[/h], to break his [h]heart[/h]” – repetitive use of the word heart sounds a little funny….
    [/quote]
    Tom rubbed the bridge of his nose. “By that point we were so close, and he’d just been through so much, and was so very happy, that I didn’t want—couldn’t, break his heart at the time. My plan was to give him some time, distance from his pain, and eventually explain things to him.”

[quote=GameGraphix;5150]
    Chapter 144
    Mount Doom: Council Chamber
    “Orcus’ uncle..” Phaestus nodded. “Only one of my sister’s kids I ever liked. Well, [h]Logoi [/h]is….” – shouldn’t this be Loki
    [/quote]

Nope different pantheon. Logoi is another child of Eris, whose name is interpreted as story, it’s also the plural of Logos, which means idea or concept.

[quote=GameGraphix;5150]
    Krallnomton: Midday
    No, what I can’t accept is that Tiernon and our Church has [h]old [/h]taught us…. – should this be always???[/quote]

Fixed

[quote=Iume;5151]Is it Ptah, pTah, pêTah, or pi-Tah (yes, this exists in book2).All of these exist (pi-Tah is book 2.)[/quote]

It is, or should never really be Ptah.

pTah, pêTah, or pi-Tah should all vary by who is saying the the name. Different pronunciations. Some people simply cannot quite make the right sound with their mouth and are approximating, or have misheard etc.

Fixed the rest, thanks.

GameGraphix

[quote=The Author Guy;5152]
    Nope different pantheon. Logoi is another child of Eris, whose name is interpreted as story, it’s also the plural of Logos, which means idea or concept.
    [/quote]

You might need to make this clearer then in the book – we haven’t heard of Logoi before, only Loki – I’m sure that I’m not going to be the only person that thinks this is a typo….

Yeah, I can see that. Tom is just sort of ignoring it as idle chatter from Phaestus.

However, if it were Loki, that would mean that Loki, adopted son of Odin, and a frost giant, was also the grandson of Zeus.

This sort of thing is only truly logical in New Zealand (with the Johnson family and their associates, they have people who are both Maori gods and Norwegian gods)

[quote=EyeDeKay;5143]Second heavens’ home [b](change this by the way)[/b][/quote]

What needs to be changed? You mean because it’s the same as the earlier one?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.