Being There, In Abyss

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Heavenly Host Being There, In Abyss

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3287]Or is Tizzy an agent of Law?[/quote]
    [img=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/131014204446-01-munch-homicide-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg]Agent of Law[/img]

Tizzy

Or is Tizzy and agent of Law?

These questions and more coming in Book 3 as we see more of the multiverse and how things “work?”

The plot shall thicken, the book(s) [Remember DoA is a single book in multiple volumes] shall complicate even as more curtains are drawn back.

And very oddly enough, mentally coincidental, the post I just did with the spoiler, with which you replied here with a Latin lesson by the ArchDemon Cleese, was started (in the book) by a question Tom asked as to how someone in Mount Doom could know Latin, when Doom had been offline/offgrid for 4,000 years, the entirety of Roman history.

I think we have completed a circle with that, which is odd, because that is…I am starting to sound like Tizzy, this is dangerous. Agh, I think he’s trying to possess me!

I think Tizzy’s standard line about his internal conversations is that he is talking to us. People on earth. You and me, the people on this site.

I completely skipped missed the social development part too.

Funny because it was about one or two weeks ago when I explained exactly why there are so many shared cultural references across planes, and that has less to do with mana sucking; but everything to do with the gods and which sets of gods are plying each other.

[SPOILER]The gods like to use cultural templates to play their games.[/SPOILER]

Tizzy

Hey!!

What’s going on up there! It look like T-A-G hijacked my account and was blogging as me, claiming I was possessing him!

This is intolerable! We’ll see how he likes it if I blog as him…

Mikey

So I suppose your next phase will be called “Etoniae eunt domus”, or rather, “Etoni ite domum?”

Will it be Tom who’ll tell people to think for themselves, or could it even be Talarius?

Is Tizzy an agent of Chaos, and his actions just Brownian motion, or is what others perceive as talking to himself, actually communicating over links to subliminally control people such as Lenamare, other demons, and having discussions with voluntary agents, like a proficient (was going to say good, but that’s a bit overloaded) agent of Order?

Tizzy

Well, like with the gods, the chess boards are actually the planes of men.

And they can be centuries long. I point out that both Ramses and Exador have admitted to playing chess games in Astlan with the Anilords on various sides.

And as we’ll see in Book 3, they are not at all the only ones.

But as for my buds, we mainly play whist. Although, Reggie has introduced a new card game called poker. Tamarin and I seem to be cleaning up very nicely.

Mikey

[quote]Well, like with the gods, the chess boards are actually the planes of men.[/quote]
    [url=http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Asmodeus][img=http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/54/Asmodeus2.jpg]Asmodeus[/img][/url]

Mikey

Just how seriously *do* the older demons take board games?

You know, those guys on the eternal cruise ship of Styx, slamming down Denubian Choco-Coffees™ and sitting down for that decade-long game of chess?

Mikey

In the movie, it looked like he’d gotten bored with humanity after a millenium or ten of bouncing around.

I suppose demons could view wizards as generous benefactors, since their torture, odd jobs, and the general anticipation of a feast keeps things somewhat fresh.

Tizzy

It’s Cain!

I wondered what happened to him! You know Lilith is sort of like his aunt.

So in case you were wondering, his propensity for violence is probably genetic.

Mikey

This is pretty close to what being an Astlan Demon might feel like, after a few thousand years.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv66HRd-Opg[/youtube]

Mikey

So what does it mean to live tens of hundreds of millenia in the Abyss?

Are you interacting and learning at a rate somewhat comparable to the middle decades of a human existence?

If so, is your personality going to stay stable enough, that someone you knew a millennium ago would recognize you still as the same person?

What does it mean for long-term alliances, when they are forged on internal, collaborative creation, and not external pressures? Are such things possible at all, outside the human scale?

Would a truly long-term alliance require a fairly specific, and well-worded contract? With constantly changing circumstances, would it even be possible to absolutely keep one’s word, or would every provision of such an arrangement stand on a sliding scale of payables and receivables?

If you have to choose between bad and worse on a daily basis, wouldn’t it pretty much guarantee that each member of a truly long-lived species has committed some atrocities a few times over the years?

Tizzy

[quote]
    So what does it mean to live tens of hundreds of millenia in the Abyss?[/quote]

10s of Hundreds of thousands of years->millions of years.

Well, I think the biggest thing is that you eventually figure out where all the bathrooms are located.
    And where all the skeletons are buried, hoping of course, that they stay buried and don’t come marching on you sword and shield in hand.

You get really good at whist.

You also pretty much piss everybody else off sharing your accumulated wisdom.

I fear T-A-G won’t let me say too much on this issue because book 3 starts going there….

Mikey

Sorry, tens TO hundreds of millenia.

Tizzy

Thanks that makes me feel younger.

Cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.