Audio Books

Welcome To Astlan Forums Announcements Audio Books

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

You know, I’m not a big fan of audio books, generally. I’m visually focused, so I tend to tune out sounds if I’m concentrating. It usually means I have to go back and re-listen to things if I’m doing anything but listening.

But after hearing some of his audio samples, I’m going to have to get Book 1 just to check it out. It’s going to be good, no doubt about it.

EyeDeKay

Excited to hear him pronounce the dwarves long names lol.

Hi,

I have signed with [url=http://www.tantor.com]Tantor Media[/url] for the audio books for Volume I and II. Volume III and later, with Tantor, depend on how good the sales of I and II are.

Tantor is an imprinted of Recorded Books, the largest independent audio book publisher. To get an idea of who/what all they publish visit the site link above and select categories and then whatever genre, e.g. Fantasy or Science Fiction you want.

One of their biggest Fantasy authors is L.E. Modesit Jr. Most all of his books appear to be with them. They also have Harry Turtledove as well as many other well known and independent authors.

The books will be available on Audible/Amazon and iTunes and several other channels, it will be more broadly available than if I had just done it through Audible alone.

The narrator for Volume I is [url=https://www.acx.com/narrator?p=A3E4CQHCVGZHOD]Stephen Bel Davies [/url] the link takes you to some of his Audible samples. We had a good call today and went over the pronunciation of various names and what characters should be like/sound like. Really pronouncing some of this is rather complicated, and it only gets worse as the books go on.

He hopes to have production of book 1 done by the end of the month, then some unknown magical post production time at Tantor and then a release….
    He hasn’t gotten book 2 from them yet, so not sure how that will be scheduled.

I have created a new audio book Forum for discussions.

T-A-G

Tizzy

Cool!

T-A-G is the same way, however, this whispersync read and listen at the same time sounds sort of interesting…

Yeah, we specifically went over that one! [laugh]

If I decide to go the dark side, I might write a scene where Wylan and Fiernon (the two agents of Oorstemoth in book 1) have a discussion about serving warrants in the Mogradin Association against the Modgriensofarthgonosefren.

Actually, just explaining the proper way to say Oorstemoth is also surprisingly tricky.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.