Apostles of Doom Blurb

Welcome To Astlan Forums Blurbs Apostles of Doom Blurb

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Yes, went back through, that is the case.

Actually, I would argue the case for Oorstemothian assistance is actually a bit weaker than I like.

Here is the current blurb as per cover (slightly modified)

[quote]
    [u]The Restoration of Glory [/u]

After 4,000 years of waiting, Prophecy has been fulfilled!

The Dark Lord Tommus, heir to the Throne of Orcus, has relit Mount Doom in the Abyss! It is time for the Orcs to reclaim their rightful place upon the Planes of Orc!

As the orcs rejoice and race to rebuild the connections between their worlds and the Abyss and the alvar gird for war, Tom discovers his new home comes with some unexpected guests–guests who may provide him with leverage in his conflict with the god Tiernon.

Hilda and crew work to establish a new base of operations upon the plains of Murgatroy to launch a rescue mission for Talarius.

Meanwhile, aboard Dante’s Inferno, Oorstemoth and the Rod invade the Abyss on their joint mission to rescue Talarius and arrest Lord Edwyrd.

Exador needs the assistance of the Storm Lords to destroy Lenamare and the Council of Wizardry and size The Book once and for all. In return he mus first recreate the lost works of the Dark Apostle.

Meanwhile, Lilith is preoccupied by a Baron of Chaos who wants to kno where their Maelstrom went.

[/quote]

First question? Should the lead be “The Restoration of Glory” yes it starts here, but perhaps not use that as that might be a good choice for the name of the next book?

Other questions:

What do you think, do you like? Hate? Meh?

What would you change?

Would you do something completely different? Some of the focus has changed.

Completely different suggestions?

EyeDeKay

When did Lord edwyrd get confirmed to be in the abyss?

[quote=EyeDeKay;5955]When did Lord edwyrd get confirmed to be in the abyss?[/quote]

I thought about that too as I retyped this from the back cover.

The Oorstemothians are looking for Lord Edwyrd who sunk their ship. He was thought to be leading the demon contingent, after the Talarius thing they decided either Lord Edwyrd and the greater demon were the same or working together.

I’m not sure that became clear enough in book 2 though.

Perhaps I should have them discuss it in book 3. I’m going to go back to book 2 though and recheck what was said.

Iume

Damien told them Lord Edwyrd had left Freehold same as he told Jenn.

Actually, why haven’t the Oostermorthians pursued Jenn, Gastropé, and Maelen?

EyeDeKay

Or lenamare, in bk1 they had a warrant. Are there any flying ships still around freehold?

Yes, we are going to get back to Freehold in Book IV,

There are Oorstemothians left there, Lenamare is going to have to deal with them, particularly if they move inside the walls with the Rod.

No one has told them where Jenn & Gastrope’ went, only that they left.

Giwdul

[quote]The Dark Lord Tommus, heir to the Throne of Orcus, has relit Mount Doom in the Abyss! It is time for the Orcs to reclaim their rightful place upon the Planes of Orc![/quote]
    Suggestion:
    The Dark Lord Tommus, heir to the Throne of Orcus, has relit Mount Doom in the Abyss! It is time for the Orcs to reclaim their rightful place in the multiverse!

[quote]Meanwhile, aboard Dante’s Inferno, Oorstemoth and the Rod invade the Abyss on their joint mission to rescue Talarius and arrest Lord Edwyrd.[/quote]
    My current understanding:
    The Rod believes that the “Demon Lord” Tom is the leader of the bunch that popped up in Gizor Del and then fled via ship. The Orstemoothians talked with the Rod and now want to arrest this demon lord because his minions destroyed one of their ships. They don’t know that it was actually Tom who did the deed.

[quote=Giwdul;5968]The Orstemoothians talked with the Rod and now want to arrest this demon lord because his minions destroyed one of their ships. They don’t know that it was actually Tom who did the deed.[/quote]

Great on first one, that was over-orcing, and multiverse is much clearer.

So you are saying (and I don’t remember) that Ooorstemoth is looking for the demon lord Tom who is in charge of the people who torched their ship? I just don’t quite remember how I had that sorted out in Book 2, I am going to go back and look, but I think what you are saying is correct.

Iume

Oostermoth accuses Lord Edwyrd of destroying their ship.
    Oostermoth accuses Demon Tom of kidnapping Talarius and *possibly* of unleashing a demon army on Freehold, but the main thing is the kidnapping.
    Oostermoth does not know they are one and the same.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.