Alpha2 – Bunch of little things

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha2 – Bunch of little things

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Yes, those robes are rather key to reactions that are coming up in both this book and the next.

Mikey

Well, let me shut up then while you write.

Btw, Edwyrd – Ed Wood?

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/87/Ed_Wood_photo.jpg/220px-Ed_Wood_photo.jpg[/img]

If he was Ed Wood, he’d have at least 9 plans from outer space to go with….

Back to Jenn being upset:

New paragraph:

[quote]
    She was not sure who she was more upset with, Gastropé, Edwyrd, Damien or herself for being blind to these shenanigans. Probably Edward: while surprisingly skilled, he was, like Gastropé, still young and inexperienced—Maelen’s suspicions about his age to the side, she was a good judge of people and he seemed to have neither the confidence nor maturity of someone much older than he appeared. Taking a little kid like Rupert plane hoping with what now turned out to be a demon prince was stupidity on a scale that she could barely even comprehend. And as for Damien, a Councilor of Wizardry should have had more common sense than to continue any sort of cooperation with the demon Tom.
    [/quote]

GameGraphix

That’s better…

Does Jenn know that Tom is a Demon Prince at this stage??? I’m trying to read back through – but haven’t been able to find the timing of that revelation yet.

EDIT: Just re-read the relevant sections in Chapter 140. Jenn knows that Tom is more powerful then a Greater Demon and that the D’Orcs now call him Lord Tommus. Also that he has taken over Mount Doom and had a battle with Lilith….but she doesn’t seem to have made the connection that Tom is now a Demon Prince….you might need to tweek some of the conversation between Jenn and Gastrope to highlight the change of status of Tom in Jenn’s mind in the “Astlan, Stone Finger Camp: Mid-Fifth Period” scene.

[quote=GameGraphix;4695]That’s better…

Does Jenn know that Tom is a Demon Prince at this stage??? I’m trying to read back through – but haven’t been able to find the timing of that revelation yet.

EDIT: Just re-read the relevant sections in Chapter 140. Jenn knows that Tom is more powerful then a Greater Demon and that the D’Orcs now call him Lord Tommus. Also that he has taken over Mount Doom and had a battle with Lilith….but she doesn’t seem to have made the connection that Tom is now a Demon Prince….you might need to tweek some of the conversation between Jenn and Gastrope to highlight the change of status of Tom in Jenn’s mind in the “Astlan, Stone Finger Camp: Mid-Fifth Period” scene.[/quote]

So, OK, yes, that’s the current view. Now trying to remember what is in which alpha because things move along from there.

Big thing she does NOT know is that Edwyrd & Tom are the same.

But I should have her have some discussions with Gastrope’ about the Demon Prince thing.

Please bring this up again after next alpha/beta if it’s not done in that version.

I am starting to move forward with the Nysegard stuff and will do backfill on the Nimbus stuff (that being said, next release has some fun Nimbus drama)

Giwdul

Really looking to that next alpha.

This is an interesting point. I think she does somewhat discount that, or that was my thought, perhaps I should go with naive. Let me play with this.

Now, why I say “interesting” is that if she were to accept Maelen’s assertion that he is much older, then Tizzy’s claim of Rupert being Edwyrd’s son is more plausible, albeit, why would they have lied about that, and she would also know/believe that Ruperts parents were both dead (or gone in case of father) and that he was an orphan

Well, she knows he’s the guy who restarted Doom and that implies a prince.

But I do think she needs more “shock” factor work. She’s not really putting it all together and freaking out like she should be.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.