Alpha1 – Continuity error with ITA

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha1 – Continuity error with ITA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How does this sound?

[quote]
    The people he had talked to, and trained, had all been good people who had not believed they were lying to him when they praised the D’Orcs and Lord Tommus. While he did not have Holy Truth Sight; his visor could accurately measure changes in body temperature, subdermal tension and other minutia that could give him an indication of whether or not the subject was lying; at least for humans whose physiology he understood. He did not know enough about orcs to be able to interpret their honesty. Alvar were even worse to judge based on his experience.
    [/quote]

Giwdul
    Giwdul

In AOD Talarius is using “Holy truth sight” to determine the truthfulness of the people on the isle of doom. However, in ITA he had no magical ability to determine truthfulness:

AOD: Talarius questioning people from isle of Doom
    [quote]The people he had talked to, and trained, had all been good people who had not believed they were lying to him when they praised the D’Orcs and Lord Tommus. He’d checked with [h]Holy Truth Sight[/h];[/quote]
    ITA: Talarius questioning Rupert
    [quote]Unfortunately, he’d had no way to determine if the child was telling the truth, short of his own instincts and experience. [/quote]

Super catch!

Yes, exactly what “powers” a Knight Rampant or Paladin has, has always been a bit wishy washy even in my own mind.

I actually need to go back and lookup exactly what a holy knight can do. I do have it written down somewhere, but I haven’t looked at it in a very very very very long time.

Giwdul

From what I have pieced toogether about what the knights rampant do, “Truth sight” does seem like something that Talarius would probably have/be able to use.

From HH, Ruiden seems to have some pretty incredible perceptions including some type of “truth sight” and the ability to see through most types of migical disguises. I would think that he could function as some type of lie-detector for Talarius if he were interested enough to pay attention to the conversation.

Good point.

In HH his helmet’s visor provides him with capabilities similar to Demon Sight.

The question is, does the visor have Truth Sight? In ITA, he would not have had his helmet on, but one would think if it had truth sight, he’d have put it on.

I sort of think it does not do “truth”

Big reason is, what if he were to use “Truth Sight” on everyone in Mount Doom talking to him? He would almost have to decide it was broken, or seriously question his entire life (which he is doing anyway but..)

Now, this raises another question. What happens to people who “Truth Sight” Tizzy? My guess is that everything he says, even if obviously a like registers as true.

Actually, I wonder what standard clerical wisdom is in regards to Truth Sighting a demon. I am going to guess that the consensus is that it doesn’t work with demons, because when the demons told the truth, the clerics would not believe it, so therefore would assume Truth Sight did not work on demons.

Ben

[quote=The Author Guy;4526]How does this sound?

[quote]
    The people he had talked to, and trained, had all been good people who had not believed they were lying to him when they praised the D’Orcs and Lord Tommus. While he did not have Holy Truth Sight; his visor could accurately measure changes in body temperature, subdermal tension and other minutia that could give him an indication of whether or not the subject was lying; at least for humans whose physiology he understood. He did not know enough about orcs to be able to interpret their honesty. Alvar were even worse to judge based on his experience.
    [/quote][/quote]

Yes that solves it nicely!

Giwdul

Yeah, that sounds good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.