Alpha1 – Chapter 130 – The Inferno

Welcome To Astlan Forums Alpha Reading Alpha1 – Chapter 130 – The Inferno

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Skaar

Hmmm:-k It fits I like it.:d/

I know….

It just drives me nuts…that’s why everyone (character) is not doing it…I really need to do it more…it’s just so painful to write….

You are the first to “complain”

Honestly, everyone should complain, much to my frustration. It is surprisingly hard. But very satisfying.

The funny thing is that even though I had a century to write book 1, the Oorstemothians at the time came very naturally.

Today, not so much. I think its because I am so much older and more curmudgeonly. Any day now I am likely to start talking to empty chairs–however, I loved Sully.

Giwdul

When the people on the Inferno are searching for Talarius, Samwell has brought them within scanning range of Mount Doom and they have run their scans and found nothing.
    There is a spot where they are looking at mount Doom: Ahead of them, highly magnified on the viewing mirror was an extremely large volcano that was sitting at the edge of their search radius;

It seems strange to me that nobody took note of the storm clouds around Doom. I realize that they aren’t exactly experts on the abyss (thus not understanding just how rare this is) but even so, doesn’t it seems like someone might have been at least a bit curious about the phenomenon?

Giwdul

That sounds good.

Ben

[quote=The Author Guy;4441]Very interesting point.

Neither the Rod nor Oorstemoth know much about the Abyss, so they may not know how unusual this really is.

Sammael would obviously not take note since he’s seen the place freeze over, which as he said was quite impressive.

But I think it would be worth mentioning, even though they may not know how “weird” it is, the fact that these are the ONLY clouds they’ve seen/detected in the Abyss and they are all around this kooky volcano should elicit some response.

The real reason they don’t mention it, of course, is because I forgot about the storm clouds! ](*,) And the perpetual storm![/quote]

Hmm I don’t know. All the Inferno scenes really show that they know bugger all about the Abyss. Sam keeps being the one to tell them. I don’t think thwm commenting on the storm clouds would be consistent with their lack or knowledge. Pointing out that it’s the only clouds they’ve scene in the Abyss makes sense until you consider that from their perspective clouds are normal and given how wierded out they are I don’t really think it’s something that would catch their attention

Iume

Does the Abyss outside of Mt. Doom even have winds, jet streams, or other phenomenon?

Is the Oostermorthian exactitude when speaking discarded because they are in Abyss and nervous? Otherwise they know it has desert-like weather: dry, hot, arid. Maybe not dusty since thay hasn’t been mentioned. This just happens to be the only [b]cool[/b] (relatively) weather.

You know, I’m not sure to be glad or sad that the alliteration from book 1 hasn’t been repeated again.

Giwdul

Very interesting point.

Neither the Rod nor Oorstemoth know much about the Abyss, so they may not know how unusual this really is.

Sammael would obviously not take note since he’s seen the place freeze over, which as he said was quite impressive.

But I think it would be worth mentioning, even though they may not know how “weird” it is, the fact that these are the ONLY clouds they’ve seen/detected in the Abyss and they are all around this kooky volcano should elicit some response.

The real reason they don’t mention it, of course, is because I forgot about the storm clouds! ](*,) And the perpetual storm!

Here is what I changed:

[quote]Amusingly, he noted that Captain Cranshall also seemed to find other duties as soon as those two showed up. It was quite nice to know that not all Oorstemothians were insanely boring and tedious; or at least that there was a limit to how much even they could handle.

“What is this place again?” The captain asked Sir Samwell.

“I notice that is only place in the Abyss that we have found so far that actually seems to have weather.” Chancellor Alighieri said.

“Yes, it’s as if every cloud in the Abyss gravitated to that site and started dumping rain.” Barabus agreed.

“And it’s the only moisture we’ve seen except for snow on some very high mountains.” Dante nodded.

Sir Samwell nodded, “That is but one of its peculiarities. It’s a very unusual place. It is sort of a rogue outpost where a good number of demons that are out of favor in the Courts congregate.” Sir Samwell said.

“And you know this how?” Temerlain asked, sounding a bit suspicious.
    [/quote]

Iume

Sully?

Seriously obtuse/obscure reference.

Talking to empty chairs? ==> Clint Eastwood 2012 Republican National Contention==> Director ==> Sully (2016 movie about Captain Chelsey Sullenberger, the only person to ever actually do a successful ‘water landing’ of a commercial passenger jet)

I liked the movie despite the “Tizzy-ness” of the director :d/

I think I am spending too much time with Demons and Djinn. Both love doing obnoxious references to see if people get them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.